VOTING NOW OPEN - WIN A $250 GC! - Its the Second Annual Cheapy Awards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Hello and welcome to the The Second Annual Cheapy Awards!

The nominees have been chosen and its now time to place your votes.
You can only vote once in each category and you may not change your vote once it has been submitted.

To help celebrate the Cheapy Awards and our 25,000 registered CAG milestone, we are going to be giving away a $250 Gift Certificate to last year's Best Online Retailer, EBgames.com. Thats $0.01 for each registered user.

To enter, just vote in the Polls for the Cheapy Awards.
You do not need to post in the threads.
Your odds of winning increase the more categories you vote in.

One username per person.
Anyone found voting with multiple accounts will not only be disqualified from the contest, but also IP banned from CAG.

After Monday, January 31, the polls will be closed.

The Award winners will be chosen based on the voting results as well as Management's decision (to account for possible voter fraud).

The $250 GC winner will be chosen at random based on the entire pool of votes.

Anything left for VGD? I really tried all year round. How about "best independent game site"? :)
C'mon....throw a dog a bone.

[quote name='defender']Anything left for VGD? I really tried all year round. How about "best independent game site"? :)
C'mon....throw a dog a bone.[/quote]

I will throw a bone to you. The deal on the Onimusha sword was awesome, as were some of the deals you had through VGA

I'd give Defender an award for most ingenious fricken interior design for a game store I have ever seen. I swear MM 1.0 is mecca.

[quote name='defender']Anything left for VGD? I really tried all year round. How about "best independent game site"? :)
C'mon....throw a dog a bone.[/quote]

Woof! Thrown!

[quote name='daphatty']I'd give Defender an award for most ingenious fricken interior design for a game store I have ever seen. I swear MM 1.0 is mecca.[/quote]

What is so genious about it? Seems like a normal store to me.

[quote name='drunken_master']My nomination for best deal: $5 Robotech Battlecry: Colector's Eddition for GC That was 2004 right?[/quote]

no that was nov 2003.

I nominate Circuit City for their righteous frenzy of $5 games over the summer. Never have I had such cheapass euphoria since then!

I nominate TRU for finally dropping the prices on games that haven't been selling, and occasional gems like Devil May Cry for $4, Resident Evil X for $3, Castlevania Cirle of the Moon for $10, etc.

I nominate Sears for the awesome $4.99 deal on Ace Combat 5 and salute all the CAGs who got CC to PM it and get the 10% difference, knocking another $4.50 off the final price.

[quote name='punqsux']hey guys, i dont want to burst anyones bubbles, but this isnt where you nominate things ^^[/quote]

But it says on the front page.....

"Please visit the special, temporary Awards Forum and let your nominations be heard."

With 'Awards Forum' linking us to this board.

i was wondering hoiw come we don't have a CAG of the year award. i was thinking that this award should go to the CAG who posts the best deal(s) for the year. if there is such an award, i would nominate trustcompany for his contribution of the Target/Best Buy/Circuit City deals ahead of time

would most helpful thread (general,sticky or otherwiase) fall into any of the categories ¿?

such as the magazine thread for example ¿?

thanks

I nominate Blockbuster Gamerush. Through their trade in programs etc., I was able to get Nintendo DS with Mario for free.

[quote name='drunken_master']My nomination for best deal: $5 Robotech Battlecry: Colector's Eddition for GC That was 2004 right?[/quote]

I have the PS2 non-collector's version and I picked it up for $7.99 brand new. Definitely has my vote. I'm not particularly awed by any of the new games, xbox, ps2, or the GC but this game definitely is grossly underrated and to my everlasting delight; grossly underpriced.

-Brian P

Yeah, a CAG of the year award would be cool. I know we'd have plenty of nominees there, which I believe I saw that I got a nomination in one of the old stickies that was up after the CC sale.

hmm, my nomination for cag of the year would go to punqsux. He was the one who posted receipt scans of disgaea for $5 in the CC $5 thread. Until that, i remember people were saying things like "not a bad sale, but nowhere near as good as teh BB $5 sale". I remember seeing disgaea for $5 and immediately left the house to go grab my copy.

I'll be updating the nominations thoughout the day.
Be sure to get your nominations in by the end of the day as polls maybe be open as early as midnight tonight.

EDIT: make that noon Saturday ;)

As we have a poll for the CAG Villian, why not have a voting contest for CAG Hero?

Have to have a hero against a villian, of course.

CAG Hero would be someone who best embodies the spirit of CAG, in the following ways:

1) Pointing out deals that benefit CAGs.
2) Going out and helping out CAGs by picking up games from sales that they may not have available to them, due to the store not being in their market, or picking up extras of games from a sale and passing them on to other CAGs.
3) Giving away free stuff, be it directly or some other means, such as a contest.
4) Trying to keep the peace around here, with all the influx of noobs in the last six months.

Those are just a few things that come to mind, I'm sure there's others.

And we all know that every literary villian needs a hero, so we should do that here as well.

Mainly because i have no idea of what info you can see... do we need to post in the thread as well, or just use the poll?

[quote name='Wshakspear']Mainly because i have no idea of what info you can see... do we need to post in the thread as well, or just use the poll?[/quote]

Just vote in the poll.
I will make that more clear.

Voted in all of the polls. Oh, and if Ledhed wins the GC again, he may run into an unfortunate accident to prevent him from recieving his $250.

[quote name='sj41']Voted in all of the polls. Oh, and if Ledhed wins the GC again, he may run into an unfortunate accident to prevent him from recieving his $250.[/quote]

:rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if he won. Lucky Bastard.

[quote name='TJordan522']Yeah, really cool contest Cheapy. Did EB donate the giftcard or did you have to buy it? I hope they donated it...[/quote]

They would probably donate it if I asked, but, in the effort to "keep it fair", the GC will be paid for by CAG.

Cheapy, on the main page it says you can't enter with multiple accounts. I want to vote to enter but I am using the same computer my brother uses (TJordan522).

Am I allowed to enter?

Wait...so we're only worth a penny to you, Cheapy? That little?

;_;

In all seriousness, the fact that we even have a chance to win the card is nice. Yay! :)

[quote name='Brad906']Cheapy, on the main page it says you can't enter with multiple accounts. I want to vote to enter but I am using the same computer my brother uses (TJordan522).

Am I allowed to enter?[/quote]
I'm sure there will be special situations in which people share a computer, and that is no problem.

I got a quick question. Could it be better if you wrote "Only one vote per household" cause what if Katt votes. Though I don't think she would, cause she rarely gets on. I wouldn't want to have been kicked out of CAG ; ;

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='sj41']Voted in all of the polls. Oh, and if Ledhed wins the GC again, he may run into an unfortunate accident to prevent him from recieving his $250.[/quote]

:rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if he won. Lucky Bastard.[/quote]Same goes for you, Trakan. With your fancy "Moderator" rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back