Wait for B2G1 or preorder at Amazon?

icedrake523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Last year I never had anything to get during B2G1 Free so I was planning on using that to get most new games.

The 4 upcoming games I want are:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 10/5
Kirby Epic Yarn 10/17
Donkey Kong Country Returns 11/21 (this is the only one I am dying to play)
Epic Mickey 11/30

I want Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (11/17) but it's an UbiSoft game so it'll probably be at some point not long after it's release.

The release dates make it difficult to do a B2G1 free since Nov 30 may be too late.

I have a $20 credit from Other M. C:LOS has a $20 credit and Mickey has a $10. If I bought those 2 and DKCR/KEY, it would be $120 for the 3 (or $40 each).

If I bought them in-store, it'd be $117.xx for a $60 and 2 $50 games (I have a $17.xx TRU gift card so that would get it down to $100 if I went there).

Any advice? I haven't paid much attention to Lords of Shadow so I have no idea how it looks and whether it seems likely to bomb and/or drop in price.

You could also wait for TRU to run their B2G1 on new games, since most of those will be harder to find used, so that's another option.

Yeah, TRU was the place I had in mind with B2G1 free (don't go to Best Buy and Target never has them). I never buy used at GameStop anymore. Amazon's B2G1 was very limited last year. They also had Buy 2, get $40 credit which was also on select titles only.

I'm just worried about it not occurring after DKCR and Epic Mickey come out.

I've been doing the Kmart $20 coupon conga line. Assuming you started this past week like alot of people did...

Halo Reach $60 (came with $25 coupon and let me get Lost Planet 2 for $15)
Dead Rising $35 (using Halo coupon + comes with another $20 coupon)
NBA 2K11 $40 (DR2 coupon + another $20 coupon)
Fallout Vegas $25 (NBA coupon + $15 coasters coupon + another coupon...)
and
and

Kmart coupon deals are better than any b2g1 free. Say you just buy 3 $60 games each with $20 coupons. You get everything on release day and spend $140 out of pocket and have $20 coupon for next time. Exactly the same besides about $1 in tax. :D

Castlevania comes with a $20 coupon
Kirby coupon should be announced this week
The rest are name titles so hopefully if these deals continue all should be included.

Yeah, the "KMart conga line" method he mentioned works on Amazon basically the same, except you save on tax. Prime makes everything come on release day for free too. Based on past experience, I'd say the TRU sale is coming rather soon, like early October. This week they're doing it for sub-$20 games already, I wouldn't be surprised to see it as soon as next week or the week after, with Best Buy's to follow at the end of the month(based on last years respective sales). Target may even do it as well, but I think they did it seperate, one system per week for three weeks. Money-wise it's almost a wash either way you go, but if you want everything quick, do the release day Amazon thing. Most of your games will probably come out after the sales, or will be out already for awhile when the sales do go down. There's is also always Black Friday to wait out on, where some of those could be sub-$40.

Oh yeah, and make sure how long your current saved credit is good for on Amazon. Don't want it to expire either.

My $20 credit expires November 30th. If no sales come up, I'll use it on Donkey Kong Country Returns. That's really the only game I want immediately since I love the old SNES games.

I'll probably wait just wait it out. I'm sure Lords of Shadows will be $40 again down the road. I'd rather wait on reviews of that since I wouldn't be interested in it if I wasn't looking for a 3rd game to pick up with the B2G1.

bread's done
Back