Wake me up with surround sound!

AzianAsspicker

CAGiversary!
YES! that's right. School is starting tomorrow and I'm going to be a senior. Is there a device that can turn on your speakers, and play a certain song for you in the morning as an alarm? But maybe something that controls your home theater to do that? That would be great :) Anyways, please don't mock me i'm serious about this. On Hitch I saw will Smith have something that controlled his speakers, will that work as well? And what was that product he had.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']YES! that's right. School is starting tomorrow and I'm going to be a senior. Is there a device that can turn on your speakers, and play a certain song for you in the morning as an alarm? But maybe something that controls your home theater to do that? That would be great :) Anyways, please don't mock me i'm serious about this. On Hitch I saw will Smith have something that controlled his speakers, will that work as well? And what was that product he had.[/QUOTE]

Ive had a few systems with built in alarms that will just start up whatever cd you have...just the first track, not really selectable.

I have a 3 disc horizontal CD player that let's you pick either of the 3 discs and a specific song to wake up to. It actually works quite well it just doesn't have the umph I would like for a stereo

My remote has a timer on it, I can set it to turn on or off anything controlled to it at any time (remote has a built in clock). Might want to look into that. Mine was $30 at Bestbuy and is an RCA learning remote. (you could set up a macro to turn on your cd player and go to a certain track and play it, then set the timer to push the macro button at any time you wished.)

Theres a few plugins for WinAmp that will do that, but you do have to leave your computer on overnight. I had one for a while and it worked great, it was shareware though and the license fee was more than my alarm clock costs so I haven't used it since the free trial expired.

[quote name='gofishn']Theres a few plugins for WinAmp that will do that, but you do have to leave your computer on overnight. I had one for a while and it worked great, it was shareware though and the license fee was more than my alarm clock costs so I haven't used it since the free trial expired.[/QUOTE]
I also did this quite a few times.

Just use a Winamp playlist, set Winamp to shuffle, and add Winamp to your tasks lists to start everyday at whatever time. (Or whenever you need it).

Good alarm clock IMO.

I used to have an alarm clock program on my computer. It would play a sound/music file of your choice. I chose a clip of Jim Carrey screaming out "the most annoying sound in the world", from Dumb & Dumber -- just the sound, too. I never woke up so pissed in my life. It almost gave me an ulcer.

Just hook up your computer to your home theater system, and download an alarm wake up program. Set the song, and presto. I used to have a sound byte of the drill instructor from full metal jacket screaming: "Private Pyle, I'm gonna give you three seconds...exactly three [censor] seconds, to wipe that stupid lookin' grin off your face, or I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND SKULL-[censor] YOU!!".

I personally use a program called "Alarm Master Pro." It was pretty sweet. I played the song called "Wake Me Up," if I'm remembering correctly... You know... "Wake me up, before you go-oh, don't leave me hangin' ..."

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']I personally use a program called "Alarm Master Pro." It was pretty sweet. I played the song called "Wake Me Up," if I'm remembering correctly... You know... "Wake me up, before you go-oh, don't leave me hangin' ..."[/QUOTE]
haha wham-jitterbug?

bread's done
Back