Wal-Mart 360 Mistake! Black Controllers & Batteries on Clearance YMMV

sol44

CAG Veteran
I stopped into my local Wal-Mart last night and they had half an aisle in electronics with clearance items. To my surprise they had a peg with black xbox360 wireless controllers and another with black rechargable battery packs. The controllers were not marked so I had the kid scan one for me......$20! Bought one and a battery pack for $26. I asked why they were on clearance and he said because those SKU's werent on their planogram so they have to put them on clearance. I wish I had the money on me to buy them all, I could have made some money.

^^^I used to go to Ford City all the time when I was in high school. It's changed a bunch since then though. I remember when they first built that movie theater out in the parking lot. We were all like "WTF? Why'd they move it outside?"

Anyway, ON TOPIC, no go at the Kingstowne or Burke, VA stores; all regular prices.

NRV Wal-Marts

Christiansburg, VA - normal prices, hardly any clearance at all
Radford, VA - all black items on clearance rack, red tags, normal prices anyway and I double-checked with the price scanners

That's not a mistake, we have the same thing practically except notTHAT great of a deal, I think we have the black controller w/ play and charge for like $40 at the one I work at. I workl in the electronics section, trust me. It may not be national but as far as I know any WM with elite accessories and no elites in stock has their stuff on clearance because of a new mod reset.

I work in Woodstock, IL.

[quote name='avsforsberg21']No such luck in Santa Clarita, CA.[/quote]

sorry, beat you to it. picked up 3 black battery packs for $5 bucks each. the moment this appear here on cag i walked across the street and found them. they didnt have any black controllers though.

[quote name='Slate']The black controllers scan at their normal prices at my local walmart.[/quote]

Which helps us out a ton because your location is listed under your username...

wait, no it's not...

I'll be heading the the READING, MA location this afternoon (near my bank) anyone have shopping list if these deals are active at that location?

[quote name='LanceJr']There is a 120gb in black but ONLY packed in with the elite.[/quote]That's what I meant, though the link I posted explained the same thing, only packaged with the Elite.

[quote name='LanceJr']I'll be heading the the READING, MA location this afternoon (near my bank) anyone have shopping list if these deals are active at that location?[/quote]

No go...all normal prices:cry:

I was at walmart in the VA yesterday again. We have not clearance 360 stuff and then I checked a few things to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything. Everything was normal price :(

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone see any in OR?[/quote]

i'm in salem, OR. there are 3 wal-mart stores here. the first one i went to today had the black wireless for $35 so i picked it up. this was the lancaster store. i originally went to this store to get a new cell phone charger and i came across the controller and remembered this thread. i'm afraid it was the last controller though. the other 2 stores had them priced regularly so don't waste your time. none fo the stores had the chargin kit or batteries on clearance.

on another note, the lancaster wal-mart just got a batch of wii consoles in. too many for me to count but i heard the sales associate finish counting at 16...poor guy was practically buried in wiis :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']And if they have the 120GB drive marked at $99.99, I'd recommend snatching it up, since it's a price mistake. The 20GB is supposed to be $99.99.[/quote]

It's highly unlikely that they'll give you the 120 GB at $99.99 unless the price tag is on the item and not on the shelf like 99% of their pricing is done. I was given a complete no go on that.

Wise from the gwave!

Got the black rechargable battery for $4 at the Torrance Walmart a few weeks ago.

They also had the 12 month subscription of Live with the Vision Camera on clearance for $60 back then, but now it's back to regular price of $80.

[quote name='velvet396']Which helps us out a ton because your location is listed under your username...

wait, no it's not...[/quote]

I'm in pennsylvania but since I said local I don't want to say where. It is, However, south of erie and north of pittsburgh.

[quote name='garfep']Wow, if anyone can confirm that this is nationwide, I'll be at my Wal-Mart SO fast...[/quote]

Walmart clearance specials are never nation wide, they are always a huge YMMV!

[quote name='scorpers']Walmart clearance specials are never nation wide, they are always a huge YMMV![/quote]

Yeah mine has had the same battery packs clearanced for months. They'll probably keep on having them for months :D

Whenever I'm in Walmart, I stroll over to the controller section just to make sure they don't have any YMMV clearances. I bought 3 black batteries (which look lovely with my white controllers) for $5 a piece.

At one location I saw a 512mb 360 memory card, with Geometry Wars clearanced for $15, but alas, all sold out.

My brother, another cohort, and I checked most of the North Georgia Walmarts on the 75 corridor on the way back to ATL today and found none.
Anyone confirm this at any Metro ATL Wally Marts?
Hell, I need 3 of these at least.

I just saw some black Batts at the Rehoboth Beach, DE walmart this weekend, and thought it was very odd, do not remember the price as I dont have any black controllers, but it was in clearence with a Red sticker

[quote name='XxSmityxX']WTF? Thanks Garfield for bumping this 6 month old thread?[/quote]

It's better than creating a new thread for something we all knew about already. I appreciate that searching was involved before posting. That's progress. :D

[quote name='sp00ge']It's better than creating a new thread for something we all knew about already. I appreciate that searching was involved before posting. That's progress. :D[/quote]
YES, bumping old threads thats progress!!!!!

bread's done
Back