Wal-Mart B&M Secret Friday Sale.

chex20

CAGiversary!
This friday, Wal-Mart is having a "secret sale" and is listing some deals in the store, which is not in the ad (seen online). The only good ones that I was told about (work in electronics there):

9" Portable DVD player (don't know brand, got to work late tonight and so I missed my manager). $119

Acer Laptop - $348 (saw the box and I wrote down the list of specs):

15.4" screen, 80GB hard drive, DVD/CD-RW drive, b/g wireless card, Intel Celeron (i believe that was what it was, listed at 1.73ghz), 1 GB of RAM. WLAN said "NO".

Some MP3 player for $40.

That's all I have for now that is "secret." I did see we had a ton of AIO printers in the back, probably also on sale this friday, didn't get the chance to scan it though.

EDIT: Yeah, I know this probably doesn't belong here, sorry about that. Tired, long day.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Are the specs on that laptop good for 349?[/quote]

If it weren't a Celeron cpu, it would be worth it. So if you want to have to buy a new notebook later, knock yourself out...

The laptop deal sounded perfect for my mother. I ran to my local Wal-mart and my mom went to one close to where she works. I didn't get there soon enough to get one of the 30 or so they had, my mother however did.

Right now I'm setting it up for her. She's been needing a computer of her own for a while now.

I bought the laptop this morning. I had to think on it for a few minutes, after I saw the specs, but people kept coming up to the lady and asking her about it. Set it up and so far no complaints. :) It was a good deal.

For anyone near Pontiac, IL...as of 6PM, the Super Walmart there still had about 10 of the HD-A2's and even some of the $348 laptops too (not sure of the number).

I went to Walmart and there was no display or anything for the HD DVD player. They didn't even carry a HD DVD player. So no luck here.

[quote name='banpeikun']so did anyone get the hd-dvd player?[/quote]

Yep, got 3 of them. 2 at one location where i paid at 7:40 am (they were saying you couldnt pay before 8 am...ha) and one at another location at 8:10 am.

My Wal-Mart had about 10 of them still sitting on the shelves when I walked in a lilttle after 8:00. I don't know how long they took to sell out though it seemed that people were much more interested in the laptop.

damn- today is saturday isnt it. so, how long does the deal go, if i would be able to find one? theres like 7 walmarts around me.

When I went to get it yesterday morning, there were 20 people in line for 12 laptops, so they're likely gone.

[quote name='Burchamj']damn- today is saturday isnt it. so, how long does the deal go, if i would be able to find one? theres like 7 walmarts around me.[/quote]

I'd like to know if the deals were only good on Friday.

[quote name='Explosive Pandas']I'd like to know if the deals were only good on Friday.[/QUOTE]

"supposed" to be thru sunday... than againliving in wii was told different things about the a2 hd dvd so i amunsure what to think. I went in the morning and price was 189 and they claimed it was illegal inwi for a retailer to sell under cost, and I went backlater that night around midnight and saw the price was changed and the entire stock(30+) was still sitting there, so I picked one up lol/

bread's done
Back