Wal-Mart/BEST BUY/Future Shop X360 ARCADE $149!!!!!!!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
arcadef.jpg

Pic courtesy oflbartley

you should be installing games on you hdd
in some cases the game is like 3x faster
there is a compatibility list on this site if you want to know which games are worth installing

[quote name='foxmcloud']you should be installing games on you hdd
in some cases the game is like 3x faster
there is a compatibility list on this site if you want to know which games are worth installing[/QUOTE]
You mean loading? If so I don't really care about waiting. At best I'd install 1 game at a time and that being a game I play often.
For the next little while I"m only going to be renting. So many games to try, so little time!

I think I'll start off with Halo 3, Mass Effect and Fallout 3. If it's cheap though I'll look into getting the OrangeBox pack.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I don't use my head set obvious reasons "Are you really a girl, prove it".[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh, but (sadly) it wouldn't be nearly as funny if is wasn't true. Sorry!

Thanks for posting that FS and BB both have lowered prices too - that makes this less of a "jump now" issue, since I'm not worried about limited supply.

@IceBlueShoes:
I think you're right, that the original Arcade units shipped with a wired controller. It changed a while back though.

Orange Box can be found cheap and is worth every penny... but do you know if a Live subscription is required to play online? I'm not sure about that, but am not keen on paying for online access myself.

[quote name='ejamer']That made me laugh, but (sadly) it wouldn't be nearly as funny if is wasn't true. Sorry!

Thanks for posting that FS and BB both have lowered prices too - that makes this less of a "jump now" issue, since I'm not worried about limited supply.

@IceBlueShoes:
I think you're right, that the original Arcade units shipped with a wired controller. It changed a while back though.

Orange Box can be found cheap and is worth every penny... but do you know if a Live subscription is required to play online? I'm not sure about that, but am not keen on paying for online access myself.[/QUOTE]
I thought Princess Zelda was a dude that simply liked Zelda. Gamer chicks are a rare breed.
But ya, you do need Live Gold to go online. Doesn't the xbox come with a free 3 month trial though?

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I thought Princess Zelda was a dude that simply liked Zelda. Gamer chicks are a rare breed.
But ya, you do need Live Gold to go online. Doesn't the xbox come with a free 3 month trial though?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it come with a 3 months, but for each console you can create something like 4 accounts that has 1 month gold on it.

[quote name='Talus']How does one get one's hands on a $30 off $150 coupon for Staples?[/QUOTE]

From Staples newsletters.

You need a hard drive for backwards compatibility IIRC.

FS/BB has the Arcade at $150 too, so no need to PM (and save an additional $5).

Zelda, pics. ;)

@$132 USD, this may be worth a trip to the north for all you can eat Sushi at Ohako on Oak st.

Can I get my GST back at the border? or is it a VAT?

[quote name='Zyzomys']All warranties are based on the initial purchase date.

It is also possible to re-buy an extended warranty from MS after your initial extended warranty expires. My 2005 "launch" console (actually replaced 5 times!) is under warranty until January 2012.[/QUOTE]

Ahh well, it was a longshot :) My warranty's up in december, but I had a rrod replacement back in may of last year, so I thought I might've been able to get away with ignoring this. It's so tempting to just rush out and pick up one of these as we can still probably sell our functioning units for enough that the difference is less than the cost of a warranty extension. And get a (hopefully) quieter, (hopefully) more stable system in the process. I'm twirling my beard here.

[quote name='NWgamer666']@$132 USD, this may be worth a trip to the north for all you can eat Sushi at Ohako on Oak st.

Can I get my GST back at the border? or is it a VAT?[/QUOTE]

The general GST rebate program for visitors was cancelled in 2007. You'd only be getting back like $6.62 USD though, so it probably wouldn't ruin the trip :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrGone']Ahh well, it was a longshot :) My warranty's up in december, but I had a rrod replacement back in may of last year, so I thought I might've been able to get away with ignoring this. It's so tempting to just rush out and pick up one of these as we can still probably sell our functioning units for enough that the difference is less than the cost of a warranty extension. And get a (hopefully) quieter, (hopefully) more stable system in the process. I'm twirling my beard here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NWgamer666']@$132 USD, this may be worth a trip to the north for all you can eat Sushi at Ohako on Oak st.

Can I get my GST back at the border? or is it a VAT?[/QUOTE]

I think the general GST rebate program for visitors was cancelled in 2007. You'd only be getting back like $6.62 USD though, so it probably won't ruin the trip :)

haha It's easy to prove here I'm a really good shopper and love deals two very strong qualities in a female. I never pay retail for things except food, the cows just won't wander over to my yard...

[quote name='Princess Zelda']the cows just won't wander over to my yard...[/QUOTE]

Fences could "mysteriously disappear" and the cows could be "convinced" to congregate at your yard with the proper bait lure reward.

Man, I thought I had no desire for a 360, but 149 is like the breaking point. My PSP was more lol
I don't like MS for their bussiness practices, so I'd said I'd buy used haha but new with a warranty is hard to pass up at this price.

What I need to know is, do I require HHD for game installs? would Mass Effect, Halo or Gears or Forza be unplayable without. I still realize its killer deal so I may jump anyway, but I hate nickle and diming.

Big thanks to the OP and anyone who answers :]

AFAIK, 360 doesn't have mandatory game installs like the PS3 (ie. it has optional installs)...but yes, you do need a HD when you want to install games since they can easily surpass 4GB.

Does this mean the old Arcades are being clearanced out for ... wait for it ... Natal Arcades?! dun dundun....

addone: You still have to butcher the sows and that ain't cheap or very clean either. :p

[quote name='BlueOne']Man, I thought I had no desire for a 360, but 149 is like the breaking point. My PSP was more lol
I don't like MS for their bussiness practices, so I'd said I'd buy used haha but new with a warranty is hard to pass up at this price.

What I need to know is, do I require HHD for game installs? would Mass Effect, Halo or Gears or Forza be unplayable without. I still realize its killer deal so I may jump anyway, but I hate nickle and diming.

Big thanks to the OP and anyone who answers :][/QUOTE]
The loading on Halo3 isn't that bad. Dunno about the other ones...
But ya I have no HD. Am ordering 1 online from dealextreme this weekend.

[quote name='BlueOne']

[/QUOTE]

HD installs aren't necessary for any game, and they help to varying degrees on certain games. Mass Effect reduces load times and texture pop-in a lot, it's probably one of the games that benefit the most. Halo 3 is an odd one because it actually makes load times WORSE when installed to HD. Forza not sure.

No game is unplayable.. HD installs were only introduced last fall.

I find it hard to imagine having a 360 without a HD though.. you'd miss out on all the demos, xbox live arcade games, videos, DLC.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']
But ya I have no HD. Am ordering 1 online from dealextreme this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Make sure it's an actual official HDD cause 360s have a habit of rejecting anything not hardcore first party or fp licensed. Be wary.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']The loading on Halo3 isn't that bad. Dunno about the other ones...
But ya I have no HD. Am ordering 1 online from dealextreme this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Halo 3 is actually worse once installed to the HD. Bungie did an incredible job on getting load times down from the disc.
Mass Effect kind of sucked, but I hear now that the elevator rides aren't even half as long!

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Read the discussion at the bottom, you'll see all HDD sold on this site seems to be fake.
Plus: "customers may send the unit back to DX's Hong Kong office" = FAKE[/QUOTE]
Damn.
I've ordered from them before and had no problems.
Maybe it's just their xbox stuff that they suck with.
Grr...

[quote name='poiuiu']Does this mean the old Arcades are being clearanced out for ... wait for it ... Natal Arcades?! dun dundun....

addone: You still have to butcher the sows and that ain't cheap or very clean either. :p[/QUOTE]

Those are still at least over a year away, they wouldn't be clearing these out so soon.

The more likely candidate is they are clearing these out for the new arcades that have 512 MB of flash memory built in (rather then including a memory card). Those are only in Japan right now but they will eventually make it out over here.

Damn.
I've ordered from them before and had no problems.
Maybe it's just their xbox stuff that they suck with.
Grr...

DX do sell some knock-offs and fakes, but they are usually quite good at not labeling them as real if they are not.

Couldn't find anyplace that had a Jasper arcade unit :( Lots of people had it for $150, even FS was going to match Zehrs' no tax price.

[quote name='tonypotenza']when does this sale end ?[/QUOTE]

Most likely when they run out of the current stock.

Walmart's runs at least until the 26th if I'm reading the flyer right, so you'll be able to price match anywhere that does so as long as Walmart's got stock locally.

[quote name='charleytony']Alll falcon chipsets so far in montreal and laval. :([/QUOTE]

I think you can forget about getting a jasper. They are on sale because they're trying to get rid of all the falcon units before introducing the jasper units.

[quote name='Oi!Blimey']I think you can forget about getting a jasper. They are on sale because they're trying to get rid of all the falcon units before introducing the jasper units.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever actually found a Arcade Jasper? I picked an extra 360 up at staples w/ coupon for $114 +tax, now I'm hitting all of the staples trying to find a Jasper, so I can exchange it.

Figure I have 30 days before I might return it.

Hey freak I can't answer your question, but Im wondering if it seemed like Staples had many instock.
I know my local BB and walmart sold out. And that coupon, I sign up for their email thing last week, is it too later to get one though?

Thanks

[quote name='BlueOne']Hey freak I can't answer your question, but Im wondering if it seemed like Staples had many instock.
I know my local BB and walmart sold out. And that coupon, I sign up for their email thing last week, is it too later to get one though?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

yeah, I think you may have missed the coupon. They get e-mailed out pretty regularly. You might be able to find one online if you search, should be easy to find at least a $20 off $150.

[quote name='freakx2001']Has anyone ever actually found a Arcade Jasper? I picked an extra 360 up at staples w/ coupon for $114 +tax, now I'm hitting all of the staples trying to find a Jasper, so I can exchange it.

Figure I have 30 days before I might return it.[/QUOTE]
I've seem them before at BB, but only in the states :p

I have a tin-foil hat theory that MS just dumped all the Falcon arcades to Canada when Jasper was released since the Americans pretty much got Jaspers shortly after they were released.

Also explains the $149 sale on them too....sponsored by MS? ;)

GL finding stock at stooples! they r all SOLD out in GTA im sure...if u had a valid 50 off coupon it was a STEAL then, course ur NOT gonna get a jasper arcade for 150, its all old lot numbers... 843x or lower i bet

When you check PROs or ELITEs at these stores, they are all Jaspers...
I dont need a new 360, I just wanted to get a quieter one. I'm not paying 300$ when I dont need what comes with it. Guess I'll have to endure the loudness of my old 360.
( I dont need the HDD, the controller, the headset, the free games that come with it and that I already have, the cable that I all have, etc.)
If I had to pay more than 200$ for a Jasper replacement I think I might as well get a PS3 instead...

bread's done
Back