Wal-Mart.com return policy?

the_gloaming

CAGiversary!
I just ordered the first two seasons of Penn & Teller's Bullshit! from walmart.com about a week ago, and I've started watching them. Naturally with my luck it turns out one of the discs is bad and my DVD players are having trouble reading it. It just gets to one scene and starts skipping really badly and eventually just returns to the menu.

So, what's walmart.com's return policy on this? Can I just go to any Walmart store to correct the issue? The website doesn't say anything about defective items. ... Anyone have any similar problems?

Here is the other info for customer service.

By Phone
Call Web site Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546 from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
(CT), 7 days a week.

By Mail
Mail your questions or comments regarding our Web site to:

Customer Service at Walmart.com
7000 Marina Blvd.
Brisbane, CA 94005

Thanks fellas. I went ahead and emailed them right after posting but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I can get an exchange. Oh well. We'll see.

IIRC, Walmart B&M and the .com are seperate...you wouldn;t be able to return one at the other...But I am not 100% sure on that.

From the following URL:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=120564&path=0:5436:120160:119544:119545:120564

Your complete shopping satisfaction is our number one priority.

If an item you ordered from Walmart.com does not meet your expectations, simply return it either to a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving it, unless otherwise noted below.
To Return an Item to a Store Returns Guidelines by Department
Returns Exceptions Credit for Gift Returns
Exchanges
To Return an Item to a Store

* Take the item, invoice and all original packaging and accessories to Customer Service at your local Wal-Mart.
* For all payment methods except Bill Me Later®, an associate will issue an immediate credit to the original payment method or provide a store credit for the cost of the item and the sales tax, if applicable.
* For an item paid for with Bill Me Later, an associate can issue store credit in the form of a Wal-Mart Shopping Card, or a credit card credit or a cash refund. Then you receive a bill from Bill Me Later and submit payment to Bill Me Later.

Return an Item by Mail
Top of Page
Returns Guidelines by Department
All merchandise purchased from Walmart.com may be returned either to a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving it, unless otherwise noted below. Additional guidelines are also noted below.

BOOKS, MOVIES, MUSIC & VIDEO GAMES

* CDs, DVDs, audiotapes, videotapes and video games: Must be returned unopened.
* Books: Must be returned unused and unmarked.

ELECTRONICS

* Computer hardware: Must be returned with any included software within 15 days of receipt.
* Computer components and computer accessories: Must be returned within 45 days of receipt.
* Computer software: Must be returned unopened.
* Camcorders and digital cameras: Must be returned within 30 days of receipt.

HOME & GARDEN

* Custom window blinds: Please see returns for window blinds.
* Mattresses: May be returned to a store or by Freight shipping. Under some circumstances, you may be charged for return shipping. To return an item by Freight, call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546. They will also be able to inform you of any return shipping costs.
* Gas-powered items: Including but not limited to lawn mowers and pressure washers. Cannot be returned by mail, due to carrier restrictions. Must be returned to a store completely emptied of any flammable liquid (gas, oil).

GIFTS

* Electronic and plastic gift cards: Not returnable or refundable for cash, except in states where required by law.
* Perishables: Items such as flowers and food may be returned to a Wal-Mart store or by calling Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546. Cannot be returned by mail.

TOYS, SPORTS & FITNESS

* Oversize table games and treadmills: May be returned to a store or by Freight shipping. Under some circumstances, you may be charged for return shipping. To return an item by Freight, call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546. They will also be able to inform you of any return shipping costs.
* Autographed Sports Memorabilia: Must be returned with the included Certificate of Authenticity.

Top of Page
Returns Exceptions

* Oversize items: Some heavy or large items that are identified as oversize on their item pages may be returned to a store or by Freight shipping. Under some circumstances, you may be charged for return shipping. To return an item by Freight, call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546. They will also be able to inform you of any return shipping costs.
* If you were sent an incorrect, damaged or defective product, we will issue a credit for any applicable shipping and gift-wrapping charges.
* Music Downloads cannot be returned. All sales are final and all charges from those sales are nonrefundable, except as otherwise stated in the Music Downloads Terms of Service.
* Diabetic supplies cannot be returned to either Wal-Mart stores or Walmart.com. Please contact the manufacturer if you have any questions regarding defective items. Check your package for the manufacturer's name and contact information.

Top of Page
Credit for Gift Returns

* Returning a gift to a Wal-Mart store: An Associate will issue an immediate credit to the original payment method or provide a store credit for the cost of the item and the sales tax, if applicable.
* Returning a gift by mail: The cost of the item and the sales tax, if applicable, will be credited to the original payment method when we receive the item.

Top of Page
Exchanges
To exchange an item by mail, fill out "Items to Be Exchanged" on the back of our invoice, indicating the item you are returning and the new item(s) you want sent. Please be as specific as possible when describing the new item. For example, give the item name, color, size, and so on. Then enclose the invoice with your return.

The item returned will be credited to the original payment method and the new item(s) will be charged to the same payment method. Shipping charges for the returned item are not refundable. Shipping will be charged for the new item(s) sent.

A gift you received is not exchangeable by mail. If you return a gift by mail, the cost of the item and the sales tax, if applicable, will be credited to the original payment method when we receive the item.
Top of Page

bread's done
Back