Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Wal-Mart wouldn't take my PS4 game for trade because it didn't have a manual, wrang up black ops 1 instead of 2 (resulting in a 18 dollar loss for me) and gave me no receipt. This was after waiting 20 minutes because it's at customer service instead of electronics.

Is wal-mart stupid or what? Many game companies start to not include manual for cost-saving.
well it the same thing with amazon trade in cause even if the game doesn't come with a manual amazon will downgrade to a lower acceptable tiv due to lack of a manual even if it didn't come with one.
And since Walmart employees are already the stupidest retail employees in existance and they don't even know now there own trade in works and half don't even know they accept trade ins then how you expect them to know which games came with manuals and which don't.

The easiest solution since most xbox one and ps4 games don't include manuals anyhow is to exclude xbox one and ps4 games from the manual required policy.

So they have a trade in deal advertised on the website "trade in your iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, or 5c" and get a iPhone 6 16GB for $0.

There's no mention of it needing to be on contract.  Might be a good opportunity.

So they have a trade in deal advertised on the website "trade in your iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, or 5c" and get a iPhone 6 16GB for $0.

There's no mention of it needing to be on contract. Might be a good opportunity.
I wonder if this would work in-store? I assume that would be the only way I could transfer all of the info from my iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6. :whistle2:k

Can't you back up your information then just restore it to your new phone?
Maybe? I'm not that experienced with data transferal when it comes to phones, as my iPhone 4 is only my second phone and it was set up with my previous phone's (which I didn't trade in) info in-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you back up your information then just restore it to your new phone?
Maybe? I'm not that experienced with data transferal when it comes to phones, as my iPhone 4 is only my second phone and it was set up with my previous phone's (which I didn't trade in) info in-store.
My mother has an iPhone and when she got her new one she was able to back her stuff up on her desktop with iTunes (even though the interface is cluster fuck these days). So yes you can backup and transfer everything to your new iPhone.

Use iCloud, it backs up all your data to the cloud, then restore your phone. Go through the welcome process and then trade it in. When you get the new phone, during set up say restore from iCloud.

Absolutely. Back up and sync with your computer.
My mother has an iPhone and when she got her new one she was able to back her stuff up on her desktop with iTunes (even though the interface is cluster fuck these days). So yes you can backup and transfer everything to your new iPhone.
Use iCloud, it backs up all your data to the cloud, then restore your phone. Go through the welcome process and then trade it in. When you get the new phone, during set up say restore from iCloud.
Thanks for your help, guys.

There's no mention of it needing to be on contract. Might be a good opportunity.
Anyone have any more info on this, or has tried it in store? Seems like there has to be something missing but then again I don't see anything in the tiny print in the ad. Also, it says it expires 12/13!

Edit: looks like you do need a two year contract :( Oh well.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1412067/

http://slickdeals.net/f/7483386-free-iphone-6-16gb-after-iphone-trade-in-4-4s-5-5s-5c-2yr-contract-walmart?

Anyone have any more info on this, or has tried it in store? Seems like there has to be something missing but then again I don't see anything in the tiny print in the ad. Also, it says it expires 12/13!

Edit: looks like you do need a two year contract :( Oh well.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1412067/

http://slickdeals.net/f/7483386-free-iphone-6-16gb-after-iphone-trade-in-4-4s-5-5s-5c-2yr-contract-walmart?
Thanks for the info. If that's the case, I have no interest in this.

Was just trading in some games and the guy said someone threatened to sue WalMart and Verizon over the iPhone thing because it doesn't say you need to do a contract until you go to the store

Having the worst experience dealing with CEXCHANGE.  FedEx lost several packages over a month ago and FedEx informed me to have CEXCHANGE file, which I had done a month ago.  A month later, they haven't gotten back to me and avoiding my calls nor calling me back on any messages.  I would recommend caution to everyone.

Having the worst experience dealing with CEXCHANGE. FedEx lost several packages over a month ago and FedEx informed me to have CEXCHANGE file, which I had done a month ago. A month later, they haven't gotten back to me and avoiding my calls nor calling me back on any messages. I would recommend caution to everyone.
I think the "double trade in value with the purchase of a PS4" fiasco taught everyone a lesson about dealing with CExchange. If I ever trade with Walmart again, it'll be in store only.

I think the "double trade in value with the purchase of a PS4" fiasco taught everyone a lesson about dealing with CExchange. If I ever trade with Walmart again, it'll be in store only.
What happened to the helpful CExchange rep we had on here?

only games I would trust cuntExchange with are my $0.25 titles.  I have a few to send in, should do one at a time.

You have to ship the games within 1 week, if not they will adjust the trade in values to a lower amount if the value dropped after the trades were locked in. It happened to me a few months ago. It was only around $4 less total on 5 games so I accepted the lower values (you also have the option of the games being sent back to you).

The guy scans my games and then doesn't see an option to finish the trade ruh roh
Are you in Florida? In florida and possibly other states, you have to scan a new game that you must buy with the credit you receive from the trade. Then you pay the difference that you owe since you must spend all the trade credit. Then you get the gift card code, whether it's with a bar code or a line of numbers. Then you actually purchase the new game with that bar code or line of numbers. Then you can keep the game or take it to customerservice with your receipt to do a return and they will put your credit on an actual gift card.

It sucks but it's the process I know about.

Are you in Florida? In florida and possibly other states, you have to scan a new game that you must buy with the credit you receive from the trade. Then you pay the difference that you owe since you must spend all the trade credit. Then you get the gift card code, whether it's with a bar code or a line of numbers. Then you actually purchase the new game with that bar code or line of numbers. Then you can keep the game or take it to customerservice with your receipt to do a return and they will put your credit on an actual gift card.

It sucks but it's the process I know about.
Florida yes! That's what we did eventually. They scanned in two new copies of Destiny for the exchange and then returned em and gave me the original trade credit back on a gift card.

I guess it is to avoid the more rigorous pawn laws that require fingerprinting and greater liability and such in FL, but at least Best Buy does do it..

bread's done
Back