Walking Dead Compendium deals?

We bought it with a 50% coupon at Barnes and Noble, for like $25, but this was around Black Friday. The Amazon price isn't bad.

[quote name='bear489']Anybody know when the next compendium is coming out?[/QUOTE]

Compendium One covers the first eight graphic novels and the fifteenth one just released on Dec. 27, 2011 so I'd guess we'll get Compendium Two sometime after sixteen. Volume eight was released June 8, 2008 and Compendium One came out May 6, 2009. It took that long either because the idea to compile the compendium did not exist till much later after volume eight was released, it took a long time to accomplish what needs to be done to order to get a compendium together, or they did not want to cannibalize the sales of the monthlies/trades. Unless the popularity of the show speeds it up, we'll probably have to wait a long time to see the next compendium. In that case you might want to take a long at the trade paperbacks or even hardcover editions as slightly cheaper alternatives and still get a story arc fix.

[quote name='Sway']Compendium One covers the first eight graphic novels and the fifteenth one just released on Dec. 27, 2011 so I'd guess we'll get Compendium Two sometime after sixteen. Volume eight was released June 8, 2008 and Compendium One came out May 6, 2009. It took that long either because the idea to compile the compendium did not exist till much later after volume eight was released, it took a long time to accomplish what needs to be done to order to get a compendium together, or they did not want to cannibalize the sales of the monthlies/trades. Unless the popularity of the show speeds it up, we'll probably have to wait a long time to see the next compendium. In that case you might want to take a long at the trade paperbacks or even hardcover editions as slightly cheaper alternatives and still get a story arc fix.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the path I took of buying the books. I'm rereading the first compendium while book 5 is coming in from amazon.

I got Compendium 1 for Xmas last year and bout all the novels since.. the only downfall I see with the compendium is if you read it a lot (like I have), the binding starts to wear a bit and looks like the book may fall apart. If you go with the individual novels, they cost a bit more, but they have a longer life.

bread's done
Back