Walking Dead(DVD) $10 @ Target

$10 is pretty tempting to just go ahead and buy the DVD. But if I recall, even watching this in HD at home when it aired, it looked kind of grainy. I'd imagine then the blu-ray would be miles above the dvd in picture quality.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']$10 is pretty tempting to just go ahead and buy the DVD. But if I recall, even watching this in HD at home when it aired, it looked kind of grainy. I'd imagine then the blu-ray would be miles above the dvd in picture quality.[/QUOTE]
It has the grain still. I went crazy trying to adjust settings on my TV while watching the first episode on Blu. Finally I paused it and went online and read how the show is supposed to have that grain, because it was filmed on 16mm film.
Anyway, it looks good on Blu. I liked the image quality and thought it popped on my TV. When Shane and Rick are sitting in the squad car at the very beginning, yeah it's grainy, but you can still see every pore in Rick's face. The details were pretty good in it.

I know a lot of people took issue with the price of the Blu even on sale when it launched, but I am happy with the $20-$24 that I paid for it (can't remember how much). But the wait for season 2 is unbearable.

[quote name='silentevil']I'm going to grab this & Archer later[/QUOTE]

Anyone think Amazon will PM these prices? I'd buy in a heartbeat if they did

Went to Target this boring the DVD version is indeed $10...The blu-ray however was not on sale and ringing up $34.99. Bummer.

[quote name='buster90']Went to Target this boring the DVD version is indeed $10...The blu-ray however was not on sale and ringing up $34.99. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. Now many of us don't have to waste our time going over there.

M

Anyone think of trying to get the blu by pricematching at a different store? Target ad doesnt neceassarily say dvd. Says blurays and tv box sets $10.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Anyone think of trying to get the blu by pricematching at a different store? Target ad doesnt neceassarily say dvd. Says blurays and tv box sets $10.[/QUOTE]

sneaky sneaky! it could work if you get a clueless clerk...just like the old days when certain stores would only put a game for one console on sale..

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Anyone think of trying to get the blu by pricematching at a different store? Target ad doesnt neceassarily say dvd. Says blurays and tv box sets $10.[/QUOTE]

could work, i did this for the RED special edition at walmart and walkout no questions asked but of course i went in a line that was long plus an elderly woman was the cashier so i dont think she gave a damn lol

I'm tempted to go in and try this for the blu-ray edition, since the ad's wording could easily be interpreted as both versions.

A shame the box next to it specifies DVD exclusively, since I really want Dexter S4 on blu.

Already have this on Blu Ray but I had to go to Target this morning for groceries and saw that Parks & Rec Season 2 DVD was only $10!!! I snatched that up quicker than Mouse Rat tickets.

Had a $10 giftcard so I picked up the DVD.

I wish the dept manger @ my local walmart didn't go in vacation this week cause he would have approved the ten dollar price on Blu ray set after he picked up his copy lol.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']It has the grain still. I went crazy trying to adjust settings on my TV while watching the first episode on Blu. Finally I paused it and went online and read how the show is supposed to have that grain, because it was filmed on 16mm film.
Anyway, it looks good on Blu. I liked the image quality and thought it popped on my TV. When Shane and Rick are sitting in the squad car at the very beginning, yeah it's grainy, but you can still see every pore in Rick's face. The details were pretty good in it.

I know a lot of people took issue with the price of the Blu even on sale when it launched, but I am happy with the $20-$24 that I paid for it (can't remember how much). But the wait for season 2 is unbearable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information! I'm thinking I'll just wait for a price drop on the blu. I'm in no hurry to buy it.

[quote name='abhinav']I was going to PM this at Best Buy but the price was already $10, picked up this and Archer for $20[/QUOTE]

I like your taste sir.

even though I buy most shows on blu-ray, what's wrong with DVD, yeah the quality sucks, but it beats waiting. I will buy it on blu ray once the price is good, but I picked it up from target, last copy!

I got Wal Mart to price match, and they went ahead and PM'd the Blu-ray to $9.99. The flyer says "regular sets 19.99-29.99" so they didn't have an issue with it.

Also, I got the run-around a bit because they said I needed a flyer, but their website states their new policy wherein you can PM at a register WITHOUT a physical flyer. This was instituted April 11th, and they were unaware.

So, Walking Dead BR, $9.99---Not too shabby.

[quote name='rangerdanger']I got Wal Mart to price match, and they went ahead and PM'd the Blu-ray to $9.99. The flyer says "regular sets 19.99-29.99" so they didn't have an issue with it.

Also, I got the run-around a bit because they said I needed a flyer, but their website states their new policy wherein you can PM at a register WITHOUT a physical flyer. This was instituted April 11th, and they were unaware.

So, Walking Dead BR, $9.99---Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

Can you expand on this policy a bit? Your first part makes it sound like you used the flyer, yet the second part about a new policy points toward the opposite. What did you actually use, and what does Walmart now accept in addition to the flyer?

Sorry, yeah, that was a bit flip-floppy.

I had called to see if they'd price match. They said with a flyer, YES. But I didnt have one. I then remembered there was a recent policy change with WM, wherein they don't require the flyer. This is listed on their website, (the walmartstores.com one), under their price matching policies.

I called, and reiterated this fact, and they said I could PM without the flyer if I went to Customer Service, as not all employees would be a) aware of the policy, b) aware of honoring Target's price.

I went in, they had a Target flyer already. I read that a lot of Walmart cashiers are urged to keep various store flyers at register because of the new policy, but it isn't wholly normal as of yet.

So, long story short: THEY had the flyer, I did not. And because the flyer only vaguely specifies the tv/blu-ray thing, and their price of the br is $25, they didn't have an issue giving me the br for the sale price.

Now, mind you, the BR thing may have been a fluke on my end, and you could drum it up to YMMV. But its worth a shot. Also, keep in mind that this new policy is less than a month old, so you can easily run into workers who think you're goddamned crazy. I was very polite on both the phone and in store, and made it seem like they were doing me a favor, rather than acting like it was expected of them/ or that I was demanding it. More often than not, they'll help you out if you don't give them guff.

Is that a bit more clear? Again, sorry about the previous post.

Yeah, makes sense. If I went I'd likely have the flyer already, and I'd probably try Best Buy first, if anywhere.

Walmart's price matching has fucking sucked for awhile now; the only time I tried something there was on Black Friday for a Dualshock controller, and even with the flyer they were giving me shit, but caved because it was Black Friday mayhem, lol.

Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='slidecage']dont really think its even worth 10... got all 6 on my DVR so i could just burn them to a dvd[/QUOTE]

with commercials and no special features or a decent case to hold them in. Definitely worth $10 to me.

[quote name='Darknuke']with commercials and no special features or a decent case to hold them in. Definitely worth $10 to me.[/QUOTE]

commericals = p p breaks :)

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']It's only a $5 diff between the DVD and Blu so it really notthat much of prob unless you get a jerk.[/QUOTE]
Target has the blu for $15?

Managed to get The Walking Dead on BD for $9.99 at Walmart. At first they tried to deny me, but I pressed them a bit and they relented.

It was a close call, but I managed to convince my Wal-mart as well.

The key is to point at the line that says "DVD/Blu Ray" and emphasize that the pic is a placeholder cover. It worked for me, but YMMW.

bread's done
Back