Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

I normally love most Walking Dead episodes (even the "boring" ones)...but this one really pissed me off...and not for the reason most would probably think.

I'm not sure who directed this episode, but I wonder if it was the same person who directed the episode where Rick and Michonne run into Daryl and the Claimed gang. That put them in such a bad position that it was just ridiculously stupid for them to all make it out alive. Even worse, they had Rick basically "Hulk up" and destroy the entire gang himself (remember when he bit the guy?)

I got that exact same feeling in this episode...first with Glenn and Nicholas and the herd...and then again with Rick in the RV. There is NO fuckING WAY Glenn should escape from the position they put him in. However, I also feel it was incredibly stupid that Nicholas shooting himself somehow caused Glenn to fall. It sells Glenn's character development INCREDIBLY short.

Was he trying to catch and "save" a character who had just offed himself? Or was Glenn so slow to react that he allowed Nicholas to fall into him and knock him over...without so much as grabbing onto the fence behind him? The scene was just dumb...and does feel like they're trying to set you up for some trickery of Glenn not actually being dead...which for reasons others have pointed out (the Walkers aren't just going to stop), is even more dumb.

I feel like they half assed it both ways, and didn't really commit to either outcome. If Glenn IS still alive, then it's stupid and ridiculous. But if Glenn ISN'T alive, then his death was dumb and pointless. For an original cast member, he deserved way better than that. To me, the scenario should have played out like this:

A) Nicholas decides to try to "sacrifice" himself, jumping into the Walkers (which is what I thought was going to happen when the camera stayed fixed on him for so long), Glenn tries to stop him (because that's the kind of person he is) and they both fall.

Or B) Glenn sets the building on fire (or any other building), accomplishing his mission and saving his group, but gets cornered in the process, and is killed...at least letting him die a hero. Another option I had even considered was maybe revealing that he had been bitten and that was why he was so insistent to Michonne that he be the one to set the building on fire.

Instead, we basically got the "sometimes your plans don't work out and life just sucks" ending. And fine...maybe that's realistic...but are they really going to do that to a character as beloved as Glenn? To me, all this adds up to him not really being dead...which circles us back to setting up a ridiculous (and stupid) escape scenario. If they're ready to kill Glenn, stop upping the ante on the close calls he gets in. Because it does feel like trolling.

As for Rick and the
RV...who the hell are these Wolves? Sure, they are probably comprised of former computer programmers and accountants, but the show is trying to sell us that they've been "out there" and have had to survive on their own in this horrible world. Yet, when two of them get the jump on Rick...again, he just magically Hulks up and smashes them. I know Rick has seen some shit and is a bad ass. But heroes die from being ambushed all the damn time. That's why it's an ambush!

When Carol takes out multiple adversaries, they show her outsmarting them. But the writing with Rick is so lazy. He just outbeasts everybody. Stop putting him in situations that he shouldn't get out of unless you're going to also show how his cunning and zombie world experience aid his escape. It gets on my nerves, man. The fight scenes in Rambo movies are justified better, lol.

It does make me wonder who will get the comic book treatment that
Abraham's death got though. Because it's very contrary to that entire line of thinking...which I guess would totally shock the viewing audience. "Oh, cool. You're really tough and can beast through 15 walkers all by yourself. Well, the sniper in the trees gives zero fucks about that." Every time they're standing around out in the open, I'm anticipating it now, haha.

According to a report on ScreenCrush 

Glenn lives.  They have behind-the-scenes pics of Glenn with who is believed to be Jesus.  There are also rumors that Negan makes his arrival in the season finale.

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead-glenn-lives-negan/

Let's see how they explain this one....  I bet he is saved by the J-man.  That would be the only acceptable scenario for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Glenn stays dead, I think they may be building up Eugene's fan base to have him meet with Lucille.

According to a report on ScreenCrush

Glenn lives. They have behind-the-scenes pics of Glenn with who is believed to be Jesus. There are also rumors that Negan makes his arrival in the season finale.

http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead-glenn-lives-negan/

Let's see how they explain this one.... I bet he is saved by the J-man. That would be the only acceptable scenario for me.
If anyone can save Glenn at this point, it would be Jesus.

I'd love to see Jesus, Michonne, Daryl and Morgan go backs to backs against a hoard of zombies. I don't think anything could touch them.

I don't really like Jesus as a character in the books, it's been a while since he was introduced but I believe they make him out like he is pretty amazingly awesome and almost over powered. Kind of like Michonne and Morgan right now. They are a samurai and jedi. Morgan especially with his broomstick of doom taking out all comers.

People are speculating Glenn survives because the other guy falls on top of him. So they eat the other guy so he gets covered in blood/whatever and they think he is a zombie so they leave him alone.

It is a really big stretch for me though since it only takes 1 bite and no zombie biting his head/arm/leg/whatever is just ridiculous.

Jesus showing up is awesome. He is one of my favorite characters.

I don't really like Jesus as a character in the books, it's been a while since he was introduced but I believe they make him out like he is pretty amazingly awesome and almost over powered. Kind of like Michonne and Morgan right now. They are a samurai and jedi. Morgan especially with his broomstick of doom taking out all comers.
dust bunnies love morgan

People are speculating Glenn survives because the other guy falls on top of him. So they eat the other guy so he gets covered in blood/whatever and they think he is a zombie so they leave him alone.

It is a really big stretch for me though since it only takes 1 bite and no zombie biting his head/arm/leg/whatever is just ridiculous.

Jesus showing up is awesome. He is one of my favorite characters.
That's exactly my reasoning. Those zombies are going to keep digging into flesh until there's nothing left, and when they reach Glenn, thy're not going to just stop. The only reasonable out at this point is Jesus showing up and causing a major distraction to draw the walkers away from him.

I hope they eventually bring Ezekiel into the show, because
Ezekiel has a fuck ing tiger!

wonder if Jesus will come in  and  make  everyone  friends  they will make the  Lambs (people in the town) and the wolves   lye down together and get along.  :)

Steven Yeun & Kit Harington really need to get some co-marketing going.  A picture of both of them begging to Melisandre seems like it'd be internet gold

So my wife just caught up on the show and she said they didn't have a silent credits roll and that it would be another reason why Glenn made it out alive.

I liked the Morgan episode as it answered a lot of questions I had about him. But now it's as if Morgan has caused nothing but bad consequences all around. His only good act was saving Rick in the series premiere.

Yeah, the last two episodes have kind of soured me on this season. Glenn's "death" scene was complete shit and now Morgan's 90 minute introspective revealed him to be basically a hypocritical asshole. I get that he was "CRAZY!!!" but when you're at the point that you tell the person feeding you and helping you out "I'm gon kill you!"...and then actually try to multiple times, you're kind of just an evil dickbag.

It just feels like they're shitting all over beloved characters this season with bad writing. Maybe I'm biased because last season didn't really have a single bad episode, but this one has been a bit of a letdown since about the 2nd episode for me.

Yeah, the last two episodes have kind of soured me on this season. Glenn's "death" scene was complete shit and now Morgan's 90 minute introspective revealed him to be basically a hypocritical asshole. I get that he was "CRAZY!!!" but when you're at the point that you tell the person feeding you and helping you out "I'm gon kill you!"...and then actually try to multiple times, you're kind of just an evil dickbag.

It just feels like they're shitting all over beloved characters this season with bad writing. Maybe I'm biased because last season didn't really have a single bad episode, but this one has been a bit of a letdown since about the 2nd episode for me.
My wife is a Counselor a loved the Morgan episode. Said they went with PTSD and other mental breakdowns that Morgan was having. People react differently to different situations, and while both Morgan and Eastman had similar stories, one handled it better than the other. What Morgan was doing made sense, especially after the last time we saw him. I'm glad they did the episode as I was super confused how Morgan went from the guy we saw recently, to now this zen badass.

Morgan is now a zen Jedi master wuss. I'm kind of hoping he either learns to move beyond his all life is precious nonsense or he is gonna end up like Hershel.

This season's been intense so I think we needed a break from the crazy. I welcomed the 90 min Morgan episode. Even though you knew deep down what was eventually going to happen. Poor Tabitha. It's funny how I was more emotionally attached to the goat that appeared in 1 episode than Lori.

But it did stain Morgan's character as being a huge hypocrite. Those two guys after him were obviously trying to either kill him or take his shit. So what would you have people do when crazy nut bags with "W's" on their foreheads start murdering innocent men, women and children?

I think I would do what Carol did. She may be acted insane but then, just like Rick and Daryl she knows how to balance humanity and cruelty to protect herself and her group. 

Ok, I missed the pre-credits opening so maybe I missed it, but
where the fuck did this food shortage come from all of a sudden?  I don't recall there being any talk of a food shortage in the past few episodes, and now all of a sudden, despite the fact that the town's population was more or less halved, they have to start rationing.

EDIT: Nevermind.  I'm a jackass that missed the obvious.   :whistle2:#

where the fuck did this food shortage come from all of a sudden? I don't recall there being any talk of a food shortage in the past few episodes, and now all of a sudden, despite the fact that the town's population was more or less halved, they have to start rationing.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a jackass that missed the obvious. :whistle2:#
loved the guy eating crackers? standing on top of the wall like teasing the walkers.. Ha ha i got food and you do :)

where the fuck did this food shortage come from all of a sudden? I don't recall there being any talk of a food shortage in the past few episodes, and now all of a sudden, despite the fact that the town's population was more or less halved, they have to start rationing.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a jackass that missed the obvious. :whistle2:#
Was it because they were just planning to ration things out since nobody was going to be able to leave Alexandria for the long haul?

Seems like the blood drip at the very end scene would have belonged to Spencer. Since it's dripping on the inside, the obvious guess would be somebody's hurt him.

I guess they're going to complete Glenn's story similar to how they treated Sophia's disappearance in season two. I think he'll be dead but if he's alive, either way, it feels like they're headed towards some resolution for the mid-season finale. Now that time has passed since his disappearance and he hasn't found some way to let the group know he's okay, that must mean that he can't which being dead would be one explanation. The problem with the mid-season finale is that it's three weeks away. I don't want to wait that long. I watched the teaser for next week and it looks like they're just going to fill the remaining time with the fate of Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha.

Rick's escape from the trailer was underwhelming. They left us hanging pretty good 2 weeks ago and then he just shows up running toward the gate? It seemed like he was in deep shit. What happened?

As for Glenn all I can guess is the show is baiting us along for a mid-season finale stinger.

Daryl hasn't really done much this season so I'm looking forward to next week.

Rick's escape from the trailer was underwhelming. They left us hanging pretty good 2 weeks ago and then he just shows up running toward the gate? It seemed like he was in deep shit. What happened?

As for Glenn all I can guess is the show is baiting us along for a mid-season finale stinger.

Daryl hasn't really done much this season so I'm looking forward to next week.
guessing Daryl runs into the saviors next week.. Or maybe the saviors saved glenn and he will bring them back to the town at the end of the season.

Also the walkers behind rick, are those the ones from the trailer or the ones from glenn group. Since the walkers move slower then people what rick do just walk a few feet ahead of them and lead them all the way to the town

Also the walkers behind rick, are those the ones from the trailer or the ones from glenn group. Since the walkers move slower then people what rick do just walk a few feet ahead of them and lead them all the way to the town
I was confussed about this also. He made it in the gate within seconds even though Rick was hauling ass the whole way. I'll just calk it up as TV magic.

Ok, my irritation this week...also with the Rick running from the walkers thing. They very much made it look like the group following Rick was the "half of the herd" that they had previously made such a huge deal about (you know...the ones that Glenn "died" trying to stop from reaching the town).

So, yeah...regardless of what happened with Rick at the RV, he somehow crossed paths with this very large group...and led them right to the place they were trying to prevent them from getting to in the first place. Both my wife and I agreed this seemed WAY out of character for Rick, and had anybody else done this, he would have lost his shit and probably shot them.

Maybe he literally had to just run for his life. Ok. Fine. But with his son and daughter back in the town (not to mention everyone else), was he willing to risk their lives by leading the walkers there? Or was he so confident that there weren't enough to bring the walls down that he didn't care? If the latter is the case...why in the fuck did Glenn get himself killed trying to stop that from happening?

At least give us a scene of Rick running through the woods trying to confuse them, maybe break them apart even more (so maybe only 1/2 of the 1/2 keeps up with him)...just something to show that Rick isn't being a selfish dickbag. I don't know what's happening, man. This is my favorite show on TV...but the writing this season is just driving me nuts. Maybe I'm just hating the way they're doing the Alexandria storyline. I don't know.

I agree.  With the timing of the characters, it makes sense that they belonged to the same group you mentioned.  I'm also pleased to see Negan's casting.  Great choice there.  Norman Reedus already confirmed that it wasn't Glenn on the walkie-talkie.  I must be going deaf nowadays because sometimes the audio doesn't sound clear.  I thought what was being said was "nope" not "help." I missed the first minute of the episode.  Why was the crew so far ahead of the pack? 

I couldn't make out what was being said over the radio. I thought it was "Go" or "No".

I thought maybe it was a message from Rick telling them not to come back and stay away.

If that happened I would be shocked as shit. He has to wack someone of major importance if Glenn is indeed out of the picture.

On a side note I started playing season 2 of The Walking Dead game choosing different choices this playthrough. So freaking good. 

Game>Comic>Show

Come at me

I was just rewatching this episode with my fiance and it finally hit me.  This is definitely the Saviors that the trio that Daryl encountered was running from.  The guy in the blue shirt who gets out of the truck, and goes to hack the guys arm off after he gets bit - they never showed his face which was obviously intentional.  While the guy called him Wade, there was no Wade in the book but we all know that doesn't mean anything.  And the reason for them not showing his face?  Let's use Dwight as an example:

4112893-dwight+126.jpg

Maybe the TV show Dwight will get his face branded as punishment for running away from his group; thus making him the crossbow wielding half face that we know from the comic.

Also Daryl won't need his crossbow back if he meets Lucille...

man i would of loved if this happen..

Glenn made it back to town and goes   Everyone  IM ALIVE  and then the church building thing fell on him    that  would been so freaking funny.

Yelp, looks like shit is hitting the fan next week.

My theory:

Carl is getting shot in the face next week as the mid-season finale

Ugh I mourned Glenn weeks ago but the longer they held out on confirming his death the more I started to self doubt.  The angles that they showed better explained it all so I'm fine with it but boy that was some anguish/trolling.  Glad he's alright. If Glenn was dead I would have said the core group would be safe for the mid-season finale but now that he isn't my guess is someone like Rosita/Eugene/Tara is a goner.  I can see Carl getting killed off eventually but not by that weasel.  Just would seem too cheap.  I think Deanna is going to kick the bucket next week though. 

I thought the timing of Glenn's signal/balloons followed immediately by the crashing tower was perfect.  "Yes! Awesome!" then "Oh shit....."

So what was with the blood seeping through the wall? Just a bunch of walkers pushing themselves up against the wall for so long?   

If anything, I see that little bastard taking a shot and missing because he doesn't really know what he's doing. Maybe he accidentally hits someone else. Now that the wall has fallen, it's hard to tell where they'll go with Carl and Porchdick Jr.

So what was with the blood seeping through the wall? Just a bunch of walkers pushing themselves up against the wall for so long?
That's what I got out of it. Looked like a bullet hole with blood seeping through. I guess it just signifies the amount of presure being put on the wall.

Well, last night's episode was pretty much what I expected. Deanna went out in a blaze of glory, which was pretty awesome. However, coming back after the break, I'm putting down at least four deaths in the February premiere:

Comic spoilers follow:

Sam, but it was pretty obvious on how the episode ended and I bet he takes his mom with him.  This is pretty much how it went in the books.  The "doctor" is probably done for, but I don't expect her to go out the same way she did in the books, although there still is a chance.

But I think the big one is Abraham.  He was already dead at this point in the books, dying in an inglorious fashion via sniper. So it seems right that with his stubbornness, he will be having joint meeting with Negan and Lucille and given a more dramatic ending.

Last week's episode would've been more fit to be the mid-season finale. It had that ending stinger that makes you think, "Shit is happening next episode." All I know is that little kid is gonna eat it, probably along with mom.

Euguene is a pimp. Lucky fucker gets stuck in a garage with two hot chicks.

Well, last night's episode was pretty much what I expected. Deanna went out in a blaze of glory, which was pretty awesome. However, coming back after the break, I'm putting down at least four deaths in the February premiere:

Comic spoilers follow:
Sam, but it was pretty obvious on how the episode ended and I bet he takes his mom with him. This is pretty much how it went in the books. The "doctor" is probably done for, but I don't expect her to go out the same way she did in the books, although there still is a chance.

But I think the big one is Abraham. He was already dead at this point in the books, dying in an inglorious fashion via sniper. So it seems right that with his stubbornness, he will be having joint meeting with Negan and Lucille and given a more dramatic ending.
Didn't click on your spoiler in case it was comic related but I'd be crazed to see so many deaths in a short amount of time. What happened to Heath? They've pretty much ignored him and Spencer. Although they are minor cast members, I'm surprised they haven't given either of them much screen time.

As for yesterday's episode:

I had predicted Deanna to go so the episode wasn't a big surprise for me. I do find it interesting that after all of those walker encounters, that this is only the second time the group has ever resorted to coating themselves in walker guts. The show has done a good job of making Ron and Sam as unlikable kids that we all want to see go. No way that Sam kid survives. He's like a mini-Eugene without the charm so I'm curious how they're going to off this kid given his age. I thought Daryl was going to save the group with his flammable truck but with the Saviors intro, I openly wonder if we're going to see the end of one of the three. Lots of stuff happened which was cool but I was disappointed in how they cut away during the group's chain walk. It just felt like an incomplete scene to cut off right there. I know Kirkman said they wanted to bookend the episode with Sam's innocence but it just felt like they should have fade to black 2 minutes later. Another complaint I have is how they're broadcasting the Fear the Walking Dead airplane webisode. It's like watching a show in commercial increments. Feels like the continuity gets lost.

Didn't click on your spoiler in case it was comic related but I'd be crazed to see so many deaths in a short amount of time. What happened to Heath? They've pretty much ignored him and Spencer. Although they are minor cast members, I'm surprised they haven't given either of them much screen time.

As for yesterday's episode:

I had predicted Deanna to go so the episode wasn't a big surprise for me. I do find it interesting that after all of those walker encounters, that this is only the second time the group has ever resorted to coating themselves in walker guts. The show has done a good job of making Ron and Sam as unlikable kids that we all want to see go. No way that Sam kid survives. He's like a mini-Eugene without the charm so I'm curious how they're going to off this kid given his age. I thought Daryl was going to save the group with his flammable truck but with the Saviors intro, I openly wonder if we're going to see the end of one of the three. Lots of stuff happened which was cool but I was disappointed in how they cut away during the group's chain walk. It just felt like an incomplete scene to cut off right there. I know Kirkman said they wanted to bookend the episode with Sam's innocence but it just felt like they should have fade to black 2 minutes later. Another complaint I have is how they're broadcasting the Fear the Walking Dead airplane webisode. It's like watching a show in commercial increments. Feels like the continuity gets lost.
so is that the end of the airplane until either one of the dead shows come back

bread's done
Back