WALL-E is indeed an AMAZING movie: Say what!?!? I thought it was for 3 year olds!?!?

infamyRISE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Fantastic movie.

Wall▪E is the real I Am Legend! Highly recommended. Pixar did an amazing job with the character; he has more emotion than most human actors. I also liked how the background story of how humans destroyed the earth is clearly present, but not crammed down your throat.

Wanted, on the other hand...

Well...let's just say the shit that happens in the trailer looks plausible in comparison. Mind-numbingly stupid action bits. The sad thing is, given a total rewrite and grounding it in some sort of reality, it still wouldn't have been groundbreaking, but at least entertaining.

There was actually a midnight showing for a Pixar Movie?!?!?

I know there was a midnight showing for WANTED...but who cares about that movie to go at midnight.

I will probably check it out when it hits br/dvd

Well I work at the theatre, so I screened well before midnight, but yes, there was a midnight. Probably only because Wanted was playing then too.

Pixar Movies in general are pretty good and entertaining. The high definition transfer will look amazing on BR.

Wall-E has a 97% and some insanely high praise from the cream of the crop over at RottenTomatoes. I will probably go see it with the family on Independence Day weekend.

Wanted looks like over the top fun akin to Shoot Em Up. Looks good to me.

I liked the two Watch films so I'm curious on checking out Timur Bekmambetov doing an american film. If nothing else, it can't be worse than the huge hunk of shit that is the second half of the comic.

Just got back from seeing Wall-E. Now, coming from someone who isn't that much of a fan of Disney movies anymore, I thought it was going to be a horrible movie. But after seeing review, I gave it a shot (went with the rest of the family, was dragged along).

Wall-e is an amazing movie. Like, AMAZING. Pixar really nailed in on the head, the emotions the characters show is great animations, and the little details during the entire movie really make it great. Anyone who is thinking about seeing it, do it. If you aren't thinking about seeing it, go see it. Most def. buying it when it drops on BR.

[quote name='willardhaven']Welcome to 1995.

Everyone knows Pixar movies are generally awesome (Cars notwithstanding).[/QUOTE]

Cars was terrible. So was
Finding Nemo.
Yeah, I said it and mean it.

[quote name='whoknows']Cars was terrible. So was
Finding Nemo.
Yeah, I said it and mean it.[/quote]

No, no you didn't........ I liked finding nemo
saw it when I was 9 or 10...how old is that movie?
......you have crushed me so.

Although willard is right about Pixar movies being good. I grew up on Toy Story, watched that movie 50 times a week when I was four.

Well, i'm very surprised. I expected a kiddy film, and instread i got aweosme. The graphics are the bet i've ever seen, far superior to any game (surpringly that includes MGS4 :cry:). Animation is top notch, and the way they set the scene reminds me of the techniques used in BioShock. It was awesome.

I even managed to get a LIMITED EDITION WALL-E Watch, but i kept it in my pocket becuase i couldn't be seen with it :D

[quote name='CAG_fox']Well, one less person in this world of a few billion who has a taste in movies I can rely on.[/quote]

Besides the fact that your English sucks, not only did you SEE IT WITH ME, you also have a Limited Edition Watch.

Not your best idea posting here :applause:

Posted in the OTT that I got the watch, but yes, it was a great movie. I went in thinking it was going to be bad, came out not being able to wait to buy it on BR. It was that stunningly good.

[quote name='neverletthem']Posted in the OTT that I got the watch, but yes, it was a great movie. I went in thinking it was going to be bad, came out not being able to wait to buy it on BR. It was that stunningly good.[/quote]

Lol, same. I even looked up the extra features, including BURN-E (get it? huh? huh?). It could be the first Blu-Ray i actually WATCH

[quote name='the_punisher']Well, i'm very surprised. I expected a kiddy film, [/quote]

Right there should prove you can't be trusted.

[quote name='the_punisher']The graphics are the best i've ever seen, far superior to any game.[/QUOTE]

Why would you expect a video game to be able to compete against a pre-rendered CGI movie? I just... I don't understand.

It was ok. Not the best Pixar film. Still, an average Pixar film is better than the vast majority of everything else.

[quote name='the_punisher']The graphics are the bet i've ever seen, far superior to any game[/QUOTE]
...the hell?

definitely gonna check it out. since get smart got mixed/bad reviews, i might use that subway coupon on walle instead.

[quote name='Sporadic']It's Pixar.

They make awesome movies.[/quote]

QFT.

It was a great film. I didn't get the watch though. Probably too old for that. My 14 year-old nephew didn't want it and didn't get offered it. :lol:

I like the message of the film, and it's really well executed, but it makes me wonder... if they have all of the licensed merchandise like they did for all the other Pixar films, won't there be a huge pile of non-degradable Wall•E's for the maintenance robots to clean up when we leave?

I saw the film and I definately say thumbs up. I don't know if this is my favorite Pixar movie.

One thing you want to do is not sit too close to the screen; There is a lot of visual information thrown at you and its kind of hard to absorb in one sitting.

Also, I dig the short film with the magician and the rabbit earlier on...

Yeah this movie was pretty much absolutely incredible. I'll be catching it 10 more times, if I can. I really don't know what else to say. A-mazing.

I'm totally going to be buying this pair sometime, cause it's sooooo cute:
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8wbi8UJJO7U[/media]

And I'll happily drop $190 on this when it comes out this holiday season:
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1MQZ_VRM-HI[/media]

The rabbit/magician was probably the best short film so far.

In a film with so little dialog, the character's emotions were amazing. From the second I saw the very first teaser and saw Pixar was attached, I've said "I'm there, opening night". It was amazing. BIG Spoiler ahead..

The crowd was really into it also. I saw more adults there than kids, actually. The scene where he pretty much died at the end was amazing in the theatre.. every single person in the audience, even the children, were silent in hope. You could've heard a pin drop.

I was looking for any Toy Story/Finding Nemo references as they usually do.. during the credits, it looked like Nemo appeared early on for a brief second. Did anyone notice anything during the movie? I thought for sure they'd have the ball from Toy Story in Wall-E's house

[quote name='ITDEFX']Pixar Movies in general are pretty good and entertaining. The high definition transfer will look amazing on BR.[/quote]

In general, all animation looks AMAZING in HD.

That's why you never judge a tv in stores by how it displays an animated movie. They all look awesome.

[quote name='Scorch']Can I preorder that Wall-E somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us has a preorder page, but it's currently listing it as $250, which is odd, because not long ago the same page listed it for $190 (which IS the MSRP)...I'd wait until TRU has their shit together, myself.

After their Wii special.. something like buy two games, get one for $9.99 or something a little while ago, I'm never dealing with their website again. Took over a month to get the third game in.

It sucks that The Incredibles isn't getting a sequel any time soon.

Every Pixar movie has been fantastic. The worst (IMO) was probably A Bug's Life and even that was very good. I haven't seen Wall-E yet, but I will probably go to see it next week or something.

Also, why are you comparing an animated movie to a video game? How could a video game look as good as an animated movie?

[quote name='whoknows']Cars was terrible. So was
Finding Nemo.
Yeah, I said it and mean it.[/quote]

Cars was not very good, but I didn't completely hate it.

Finding Nemo was a little too serious for me but the imagery was so good it made up for the sappy story.

I have yet to see Wall-E, but here is how I rate the Pixar movies (best to worst):

1) The Incredibles
2) Toy Story
3) Ratatouille
4) Toy Story 2
5) Finding Nemo
6) Monsters, Inc.
7) Cars
8) A Bug's Life

I loved all of them though.

I'd change it up a bit:

1) Monster's Inc.
2) Toy Story
3) The Incredibles
4) Ratatouille
5) Finding Nemo
6) Cars
7) Toy Story 2
8) A Bug's Life

[quote name='Scorch']The rabbit/magician was probably the best short film so far.

In a film with so little dialog, the character's emotions were amazing. From the second I saw the very first teaser and saw Pixar was attached, I've said "I'm there, opening night". It was amazing. BIG Spoiler ahead..

The crowd was really into it also. I saw more adults there than kids, actually. The scene where he pretty much died at the end was amazing in the theatre.. every single person in the audience, even the children, were silent in hope. You could've heard a pin drop.

I was looking for any Toy Story/Finding Nemo references as they usually do.. during the credits, it looked like Nemo appeared early on for a brief second. Did anyone notice anything during the movie? I thought for sure they'd have the ball from Toy Story in Wall-E's house[/quote]

My little brother had told me after the film that, during the beginning when wall-e is finding all the trinkets and stuff, that he had picked up the Pisten(Piston? SP?) cup from Cars. I didn't notice that much though.

bread's done
Back