Wall Street Protesters

This is just silly to the point of maddening. Conservatives during the tea party movements bitched and moaned about not judging the entire group based on a few individuals but now when it comes to OWS they sit and hen-peck about the same god damn thing they were complaining about.

[quote name='cindersphere']I think this board has it's new troll, and maybe the first persons I might put on ignore. How does one put someone on ignore?[/QUOTE]

Waste of time. You can rest assured we will mock him ceaselessly and a part of that is quoting his idiotic posts. Idiotic posts that you'll read. Because they show up even when you have him on ignore.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This is just silly to the point of maddening. Conservatives during the tea party movements bitched and moaned about not judging the entire group based on a few individuals but now when it comes to OWS they sit and hen-peck about the same god damn thing they were complaining about.[/QUOTE]

The cons haven't been preaching 'Do as I say, not as I do' for decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Msut77']RVB has been pretty good lately.[/QUOTE]

Damnit. Did I really come off that aggressively? Sometimes I forget which alt board I'm on and rib people too hard. Let me go back and fix that.

Tuberculosis, anyone?

Tuberculosis Breaks Out At Occupy Atlanta’s Base

ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – The home base for Occupy Atlanta has tested positive for tuberculosis.

The Fulton County Health Department confirmed Wednesday that residents at the homeless shelter where protesters have been occupying have contracted the drug-resistant disease. WGCL reports that a health department spokeswoman said there is a possibility that both Occupy Atlanta protesters and the homeless people in the shelter may still be at risk since tuberculosis is contracted through air contact.

“Over the last three months were have been two persons who have resided in this facility who have been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected infectious tuberculosis (TB),” said Fulton County Services Director Matthew McKenna in a written statement to CBS Atlanta. “One of these persons was confirmed to have a strain of TB that is resistant to a single, standard medication used to treat this condition. All person(s) identified as positive have begun treatment and are being monitored to ensure that medication is taken as directed.”

The Atlanta Task Force for the Homeless has indicated that two cases have been made public knowledge to the group, the first coming from someone who contracted the disease in September. The identities of the people who have contracted the disease, however, have not been disclosed by the health department to this point.

The news of the tuberculosis contractions could force Occupy Atlanta to move once again. WGCL reports that more than 100 protesters made the move to the homeless shelter Oct. 30 after Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed evicted Occupy Atlanta from Woodruff Park, citing that they were no longer allowed to camp out overnight. The homeless shelter is also facing an eviction of its own from the city.

Messages left by CBS Atlanta for Occupy Atlanta and the Atlanta Task Force for the Homeless were not immediately returned.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2011/11/10/tuberculosis-breaks-out-at-occupy-atlantas-base/

[quote name='cochesecochese']Waste of time. You can rest assured we will mock him ceaselessly and a part of that is quoting his idiotic posts. Idiotic posts that you'll read. Because they show up even when you have him on ignore.[/QUOTE]
That is saddening. Ah well lets see how far this goes then.

[quote name='IRHari']UB, you sure you're a Paulistinian? Regulation = no real 'free' market.[/QUOTE]

Never said I was a "Paulistinian" - And I don't believe the "Free Market" is some magic cure-all pill that will fix everything (although some dishonest people often try to claim or imply I have that viewpoint).

[quote name='dohdough']Actually, that's exactly what a complex and large society that has over 7,000,000,000 should expect.[/QUOTE]

So... if everyone else is supposed to take care of everyone else, who gets anything done?

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the “Duke of New York,” has not ordered the police to clear out the park. He has not called in companies of riot police armed with shields, batons, and Mace. He has not brought in fire engines to hose the barbarians, not so much to give them much needed baths, as to drive them off into custody. But then Bloomberg endorses the Ground Zero Mosque. Perhaps he likes the new “Camp of the Saints.”

Lost any possible credibility with that bolded part.

uStream gets mad props from me. They just donated the use of a "uStream Live Pack" to @OakFoSho - includes a wireless HD Camcorder and some kind of crazy cellular modem that's like six modems in one and runs off Verizon, AT&T and Sprint. This is some serious equipment - I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Aside from that, I'd like to take a second to point out - regardless of what your or I think of the issues that face this country and what the solutions to these issues are, I think we can (mostly) all agree that this is 100% unacceptable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buovLQ9qyWQ

People deserve the right to assemble and deserve the right to protest. Beating an unarmed individual with your baton is not cool.

It is NOT uncalled for UncleBob.

Because prescription drugs tuberculosis crack cocaine heroin dead guy naked bear urine feces hippies.

[quote name='IRHari']It is NOT uncalled for UncleBob.

Because prescription drugs tuberculosis crack cocaine heroin dead guy naked bear urine feces hippies.[/QUOTE]
That just sounds unbearable

[quote name='cochesecochese']Damnit. Did I really come off that aggressively? Sometimes I forget which alt board I'm on and rib people too hard. Let me go back and fix that.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I missed any ribbing so no harm no foul I suppose.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Eh, I missed any ribbing so no harm no foul I suppose.[/QUOTE]

FWIW in the future if I come off as an asshole at you just give it right back to me. Thick skin, this is the internet, etc. I only sincerely rag on the dyed in the wool cons who post an endless stream of nonsense and 'news' without any analysis.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/11/berkeley-occupy-protesters-clashed-police/44805/

Again proves how BS many of the links and complaints being registered by people like bic are. This was reported by the media early on as The students starting the confrontation and the cops/security "nudging" the students in to a designated area. You can see in the video the students do not start the issue, they dont fight back(which again police are lucky so far that they havnt gotten someone like me that WOULD fight back)and even after one of the students was being held up by others after repeatedly being hit with a night stick they still kept beating him.

THIS is whats going on. People being beat for no reason. People being ran over and the guilty party going free while the protestors are arrested. There are bad eggs in every group, but so far iv only seen one or two credible videos showing protestors behaving badly despite the medias attempts to frame things otherwise.

OakFoSho is doing some live streaming tonight on uStream with his awesome, newly donated equipment. The Night Vision is pretty awesome.
http://www.ustream.tv/occupyoakland

There's also a live stream of Denver - I tried tuning in, but it was pretty loud and chaotic, so I wasn't really able to tell what the state of things was there. Might check back in later.
www.ustream.tv/channel/occupy-denver1

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSI Magus']There are bad eggs in every group, but so far iv only seen one or two credible videos showing protestors behaving badly despite the medias attempts to frame things otherwise.[/QUOTE]Is there a liberal media conspiracy or a conservative one?

The protesters make the spaces they inhabit inoperable. They hurt regular people and not the fat cats they profess to hate. Go to the specific houses of the specific CEOs that you hate and burn down their houses/slit their throats/whatever. The rest of us are just trying to get to work and function while you play revolution, and you play it badly I might add.

And, Portland backs down.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/11/occupy_portland_protesters_def.html

This whole Protest has just been the city backing down. I knew Portland was an ultra-liberal city and did side with the protestors in spirit, but this is just getting rick-dick-you-lus.

It's gone from:
Okay, you can have the sidewalks, but not the street.
Okay you can have the street, but not the parks.
Okay you can have one park, but not two. Okay, two parks but no parks anywhere else.
Occupy moves to another park, and gets kicked out of the additional park.
Midnight Saturday you have to leave. Okay, you can stay.

Meanwhile there's been numerous overdoses at the encapment, waist-high piles of deris; police harassed for trying to arrest Occupiers who are assulting one another. TV reporters attacked...

All in the name of what? To accomplish what?

[quote name='eldergamer']And, Portland backs down.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/11/occupy_portland_protesters_def.html

This whole Protest has just been the city backing down. I knew Portland was an ultra-liberal city and did side with the protestors in spirit, but this is just getting rick-dick-you-lus.

It's gone from:
Okay, you can have the sidewalks, but not the street.
Okay you can have the street, but not the parks.
Okay you can have one park, but not two. Okay, two parks but no parks anywhere else.
Occupy moves to another park, and gets kicked out of the additional park.
Midnight Saturday you have to leave. Okay, you can stay.

Meanwhile there's been numerous overdoses at the encapment, waist-high piles of deris; police harassed for trying to arrest Occupiers who are assulting one another. TV reporters attacked...

All in the name of what? To accomplish what?[/QUOTE]

OK - here's something funny.

I looked through the photos and didn't see any "waist-high piles of deris". I also missed where TV reporters got attacked. These are two incidents that should be more then easy to provide photo and/or video documentation of, if they actually happened.

I'm not saying you're a dirty fucking liar... yet. But you got some splaining to do.

[quote name='camoor']OK - here's something funny.

I looked through the photos and didn't see any "waist-high piles of deris". I also missed where TV reporters got attacked. These are two incidents that should be more then easy to provide photo and/or video documentation of, if they actually happened.

I'm not saying you're a dirty fucking liar... yet. But you got some splaining to do.[/QUOTE]

Re: reporters getting "attacked" google turned up a few things.

http://www.pixiq.com/article/reporter-assaulted-investigating-who-pooped-and-peed-on-the-bank

Not much of an attack there. They reporter was being a bitch and eventually someone grabbed the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNjQuHeYlJg

This one was worse I guess. Mostly just ranting and raving though, not much of an attack other than verbally.

As with any movement, a few bad apples are going to cast the whole thing in a bad light unfortunately.

[quote name='camoor']OK - here's something funny.

I'm not saying you're a dirty fucking liar... yet. But you got some splaining to do.[/QUOTE]

why would I lie? I dont need to make the occupiers look bad, they can do that all on their own

The waist high piles of debris was a quote from the article. From a reporter who was presumabely there. If you can't believe them....

Oregonian Quote:
6:45 a.m.: The crowd's dispersing. Lownsdale Square is all but empty except for chest-high mounds of debris. Chapman Square is still packed with people and tents.

The reporter who was "attacked" (more of a verbal put down and a push.) was from KGW channel 8. Most news stations have complained of similar treatment.

And the city's 12:01 Sunday eviction deadline? It meant anytime after that.....

Oregonian Quote:
Adams carefully parsed the wording of the eviction notice that was posted Thursday. He said the notice called for the parks to be cleared "on or after" 12:01 a.m. Sunday. He said that plan still stands.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Re: reporters getting "attacked" google turned up a few things.

http://www.pixiq.com/article/reporter-assaulted-investigating-who-pooped-and-peed-on-the-bank

Not much of an attack there. They reporter was being a bitch and eventually someone grabbed the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNjQuHeYlJg

This one was worse I guess. Mostly just ranting and raving though, not much of an attack other than verbally.

As with any movement, a few bad apples are going to cast the whole thing in a bad light unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I google news'd it and didn't see anything. Both incidents were regrettable but I think it would be more accurate to say that the reporters were verbally assaulted. I've seen worse scuffles amongst the 1%, here Madoff gives the photographer a little shove and gets more then he bargained for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jESY1YReUrQ

Bit off topic - the title of the story is "who pooped and peed on the bank"? What is this 3rd grade? LMFAO.

[quote name='eldergamer']why would I lie? I dont need to make the occupiers look bad, they can do that all on their own

The waist high piles of debris was a quote from the article. From a reporter who was presumabely there. If you can't believe them....

6:45 a.m.: The crowd's dispersing. Lownsdale Square is all but empty except for chest-high mounds of debris. Chapman Square is still packed with people and tents.

The reporter who was "attacked" (more of a verbal put down and a push.) was from KGW channel 8. Most news stations have complained of similar treatment.[/QUOTE]

So let's see. Already backing down from attacked. Let's go farther - your timeline proves nothing. I can make shit up and put timestamps next to it too. How hard would it be for the "reporter" to snap a photo of the debris, like that wouldn't have sold papers (if it had actually happened)

It's a ridiculous statement, and anyone who would believe it is an idiot.

[quote name='eldergamer']why would I lie? I dont need to make the occupiers look bad, they can do that all on their own

Oregonian Quote:

The reporter who was "attacked" (more of a verbal put down and a push.) was from KGW channel 8. Most news stations have complained of similar treatment.

Oregonian Quote:
Adams carefully parsed the wording of the eviction notice that was posted Thursday. He said the notice called for the parks to be cleared "on or after" 12:01 a.m. Sunday. He said that plan still stands.[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, there have also been plenty of reports about gamers being violent because of a handfull of crimes related to video games. I doubt you chalk up every person that plays video games as a brainwashed violent zombie the way you lump all these protestors together. First off despite reports from the media I have only seen one or two videos of protestors behaving badly(hell iv seen more videos of Conservatives running over or abusing these protestors). Second as I said even if what you say and every one of these negative reports say is 100% true it does not mean anymore for the movement as a whole then it means for gamers as a whole whenever some adult beats a teenager up for beating him in Call of Duty.

You like most people are simply believing what you want vs using your brain and after examining the situation realizing despite you wanting it to be true, its simply not.

[quote name='camoor']So let's see. Already backing down from attacked. Let's go farther - your timeline proves nothing. I can make shit up and put timestamps next to it too. How hard would it be for the "reporter" to snap a photo of the debris, like that wouldn't have sold papers (if it had actually happened)

It's a ridiculous statement, and anyone who would believe it is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

It is amazing that there are like millions of videos out there that show the protestors as peaceful even when being beat and respectfull in the face of disrespect from police, media and government.....yet people can still believe that there are waist high piles of crap and that the protestors have boards with nails in them(which I actually saw reported and believed last night).

Like I said. Lesson 1 of politics...hell humanity in general. People believe what they want to believe no matter how much evidence to the contrary there is.

[quote name='camoor']Yeah I google news'd it and didn't see anything. Both incidents were regrettable but I think it would be more accurate to say that the reporters were verbally assaulted. I've seen worse scuffles amongst the 1%, here Madoff gives the photographer a little shove and gets more then he bargained for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jESY1YReUrQ

Bit off topic - the title of the story is "who pooped and peed on the bank"? What is this 3rd grade? LMFAO.[/QUOTE]

"pee pee poo poo"

More intelligent and coherent than Gingrich, Cain, Romney, Santorum, Perry, and Bachmann at last night's foreign policy debate.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Like I said before, there have also been plenty of reports about gamers being violent because of a handfull of crimes related to video games. I doubt you chalk up every person that plays video games as a brainwashed violent zombie the way you lump all these protestors together.[/quote]

Like how all the tea party people are racist because there's a few racist people in the group?

First off despite reports from the media I have only seen one or two videos of protestors behaving badly

They're out there. No, they don't represent the entire group and all they're doing is hurting the cause, but they're out there.

(hell iv seen more videos of Conservatives running over or abusing these protestors).

I'm only familiar with one "running over" event - and I'm not sure the individual driving was ever identified politically - I thought he was just pissed the people wouldn't get out of his way, then started damaging his property. Links, please?

[quote name='camoor']I've seen worse scuffles amongst the 1%, here Madoff gives the photographer a little shove and gets more then he bargained for:[/QUOTE]

"The other side does it too. See?"

[quote name='UncleBob']Like how all the tea party people are racist because there's a few racist people in the group?

They're out there. No, they don't represent the entire group and all they're doing is hurting the cause, but they're out there.

I'm only familiar with one "running over" event - and I'm not sure the individual driving was ever identified politically - I thought he was just pissed the people wouldn't get out of his way, then started damaging his property. Links, please?

"The other side does it too. See?"[/QUOTE]

1. When I start seeing massive numbers of people at OWS carrying death to the goverment, president or lets all riot signs you will have a point. The Tea Party came to popularity at a time where the first black President came to power. Conservatives reacted with hostility like never before. There were tons of signs calling Obama calling or comparing Obama to a monkey, hitler and emails about white house watermellon patches. This does not mean the Tea Party was racist, but to deny that while there was not a majority of openly racist people in the movement there was certainly enough of a minority to make it of note.

2. Yes there may be videos out there of people being violent but again its an incredibly small minority and often condemened by the group at large. Hell many of the times when things have gotten violent people have tackled and helped police contain those getting violent.

3. There have been two running over events and 1 was after a Tea Party event. Someone leaving the event ran down one of the protestors so unless it just happaned to be a journalist covering the event its easy to assume it was a conservative.

4. Yes, both sides do it. Few deny this. What is denied though is that one side its so much freaking clearer then the other. That you compare this to the Tea Party racism issue shows just how out of wack conservatives see things.

[quote name='MSI Magus']1. When I start seeing massive numbers of people at OWS carrying death to the goverment, president[1] or lets all riot[2] signs you will have a point. The Tea Party came to popularity at a time where the first black President came to power[3]. Conservatives reacted with hostility like never before. There were tons of signs calling Obama calling or comparing Obama to a monkey[4], hitler[5] and emails about white house watermellon patches[6]. This does not mean the Tea Party was racist, but to deny that while there was not a majority of openly racist people in the movement there was certainly enough of a minority to make it of note.

2. Yes there may be videos out there of people being violent but again its an incredibly small minority and often condemened by the group at large. Hell many of the times when things have gotten violent people have tackled and helped police contain those getting violent[7].

3. There have been two running over events and 1 was after a Tea Party event. Someone leaving the event ran down one of the protestors so unless it just happaned to be a journalist covering the event its easy to assume it was a conservative.[8]

4. Yes, both sides do it. Few deny this. What is denied though is that one side its so much freaking clearer then the other. That you compare this to the Tea Party racism issue shows just how out of wack conservatives see things.[/QUOTE]

1. I've seen/heard more than a couple of people asking for things like CEO's heads on sticks, shipping them to GitMo, etc., etc.

2. Plenty of calls for riots. They haven't gone far because - as we can both agree - these are minorities.

3. Also at about the time government spending was at an all-time high, the deficit was at record highs and Democrats (of all colors) had been in control of both halves of Congress. Also at a time when politicians were spending billions we didn't have on bailouts.

It's posted on here all the time correlation doesn't equal causation.

4. Because that never happened to Bush.

5. This either.

6. How come when the media focus is on the bad aspects of the Occupy protests, well, it's just the media being unfair and these people don't represent the majority of the protestors, etc., etc. But when the media was focusing on the bad aspects of the Tea Party protests... well, they're all racist.

7. They've also linked arms and refused to allow police entrance into public areas to allow them to investigate the allegations of crimes.

8. So, umm... Links? Proof?

But is it likely this is the event you're talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgkEAuSQT0

Because I can see it... the part where the ENTIRE TEA PARTY gets behind the steering wheel and starts mowing down innocent Occupy protestors. Or something.

I like this one, where a bunch of white thugs are blocking a black guy's vehicle, harassing him. Stupid racists.

[quote name='eldergamer']why would I lie?[/QUOTE]

You obviously have a bone to pick with OWS. If they were all miraculously tidy would you support them?

You are not as bad as the guy to who thinks they should murder people because they make him late for his shift at Best Buy but it is obviously effecting your ability to think rationally.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
[/QUOTE]Grabbing the camera might be assault, but there is some debate over this. Sounds like you have a better case if property is damaged.

In any case, nobody has any right to grab someone else's camera. You can film in a public space.

Oregonian Quote:

Oregonian Quote:
Adams carefully parsed the wording of the eviction notice that was posted Thursday. He said the notice called for the parks to be cleared "on or after" 12:01 a.m. Sunday. He said that plan still stands.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone was claiming you were lying, just that you took the story as fact without attempting to check whether the article was truthful or not. You obviously oppose the occupy protests, whether thats because you don't agree with the message or from what you have heard through the media. Honestly, i would encourage you to atleast go and experience your local occupy movement first hand and see if it something you're still against.

[quote name='perdition(troy']He has a job, I don't think he has time to go watch a couple hundred people camping in a park.[/QUOTE]

Eh, he's posted before about how he isn't a good father because he'd rather play videogames then tend to his kids. Frankly I'd rather the guy spend the time raising his children.

But honestly, is it that much effort to walk by the occupy movement on your lunchbreak to see what all the fuss is about first-hand? At least it would stop people believing the lies about waist-high debris and rampant unprovoked attacks.

[quote name='camoor']But honestly, is it that much effort to walk by the occupy movement on your lunchbreak to see what all the fuss is about first-hand? At least it would stop people believing the lies about waist-high debris and rampant unprovoked attacks.[/QUOTE]

To be fair that assumes that he works near the OWS in his city (maybe he already posted that he does?).

Definitely none of that stuff was associated with the ATL protests as I walked by it a few days a week as it was on the way to the classroom building I teach in this semester.

The park was kept clean--granted by city employees who are always around this park anyway as it's a place they let homeless people hang out during the daytime and it was relatively orderly. Though there was very little actual protesting beyond the people camping and some signs posted.

[quote name='perdition(troy']He has a job, I don't think he has time to go watch a couple hundred people camping in a park.[/QUOTE]

And your point is?? I have 2 jobs and somehow i found a way to head downtown and check it out for a couple of hours. If you dont want to do the groundwork to attempt to understand something then you'll end up looking like a fool when you regurgitate deceptive talking points. If thats what you want, fine but no one will take your argument with any merit. In the end you're just doing yourself a disservice, but to each his own.

[quote name='camoor']Eh, he's posted before about how he isn't a good father because he'd rather play videogames then tend to his kids. Frankly I'd rather the guy spend the time raising his children.

But honestly, is it that much effort to walk by the occupy movement on your lunchbreak to see what all the fuss is about first-hand? At least it would stop people believing the lies about waist-high debris and rampant unprovoked attacks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I'll get right on that. Pretty soon you're going to start hurting my feelings.

I work in Portland but I'm not headed down there. That area was bad enough with agressive pan handling and street kids, even before this.

It's been 100 some people camped in a public park for over 30 days. They protestors started refusing the city clean up crews entrance. Is it really that much of a stretch to believe there's going to be some trash?
Even people from the Occupy Movment said their camp got overrun by homeless people.
(*sigh* It was an article I posted here from the Willamette Week a few pages ago. But, you probably wont believe it either)

What the hell camping out in a public park has to do with wall-street and corporate excess is beyond me.
At least the sit-ins and bus boycotts of the civil rights era (which actually accomplished something) took things directly to those they have a grievance against.

It's like you're some sort of cheerleader for them, beliving they can do no wrong.
Multipule stories about the camp being overrun by homeless people? Stories of sewage flowing down the street? Overdoses? Rats?

[quote name='eldergamer']

[/QUOTE]

Thats not true what so ever. If you made more posts where you actually raised points with some kind of merit like your last one(you actually said things like why not let people in to clean the area)then you may get a basic degree of respect and a real debate out of people. If all you do is make a snarky comment and post a link that has no real evidence of bad behavior, then yes we are going to say you are a liar or at best drinking the kool aid that is conservative talking points.

Most of us that are sane dont think that they are saints. We imagine there has been crimes committed including by the protestors themselves. We simply recognize that this is a minority not a majority and we recognize that you cant buy in to what the media says whenever there are 100,000s of videos out there showing what they say to be a lie.

I had a meeting near South Station in Boston yesterday. I had no idea that Dewey Square was right next to South Station because I'm a noob to that area. It was interesting to see it all in person.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It was interesting to see it all in person.[/QUOTE]

You mean the open air drug market, public nudity/masturbation/sex, poopy and peepee everywhere, people fighting cops, people taking naps, the poor hygeine and the overall sentiment of anti-american/pro-communist behaviours?

/fuck it all sarcasm

[quote name='nasum']You mean the open air drug market, public nudity/masturbation/sex, poopy and peepee everywhere, people fighting cops, people taking naps, the poor hygeine and the overall sentiment of anti-american/pro-communist behaviours?

/fuck it all sarcasm[/QUOTE]

I didn't go in, just looked from the outside of the park. Nothing really seemed to be going on in the middle of the day (around 2:15) so I didn't feel like going in (also wasn't feeling well- I got a cold :(). There were a few cops stationed outside of the park. I asked one for directions and he was polite, maybe because I was wearing business casual and didn't look like a hippie. ;)

We can publicly masturbate for FREEDOM!?

They'll sing of my heroism long after we've colonized other galaxies.

/begins to take off pants while making OCCUPY SR-388 signs

bread's done
Back