Walmart $4.88 DVDs YMMV

flowery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
The $4.88 DVDs are back at Walmart with a large varitey of titles. Of course it is YMMV on the titles and sale.

Some titles I grabbed and saw were:

Fletch
Red Dragon
Spy Game
Pyscho (1998 Vince Vaughn)
The Musketter
Man on the Moon
Timecop
Timecop 2
Brewsters Millions
Gorillas in the Mists
Virus
Batteries Not Included
October Sky

Please post any other titles you may have seen.

I picked up Naked Gun, Naked Gun 3, Airplane 2, Jason X and Baseketball. Not sure if these have always been at that price, but I may as well post it.

Depressing as in sad or depressing as in bad? I've wanted to see it for a while, might as well get it since it's cheaper than renting.

[quote name='projecteightysix']i picked up man on the moon for 4.88.

(the jim carrey flick... man was it depressing.)[/QUOTE]

i got that movie around 3 or 4 years ago i think (about year after it came out) Never watched it got it still sealed on VHS

[quote name='TimPV3']Depressing as in sad or depressing as in bad? I've wanted to see it for a while, might as well get it since it's cheaper than renting.[/QUOTE]

Its sad in some ways. Really good story about Andy Kaufmann.

[quote name='TimPV3']Depressing as in sad or depressing as in bad? I've wanted to see it for a while, might as well get it since it's cheaper than renting.[/QUOTE]

I liked it it was a biography type thing about andy kaufman

I really enjoyed it, definitely worth $4.

Here's what I picked up at my local Wal-Mart dump bin:

Analyze This
Arlington Road
The Edge
Hot Shots!
Hot Shots! Part Deux
The Naked Gun
The Naked Gun 2 1/2
The Naked Gun 33 1/3
Panic Room

OH, and here is what I got in the dollar bin (slim cases):
Animal Farm (animated)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Really great film. my second favorite Carey dramatic performance behind Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The film is very depressing just on the subject matter, not in a bad way.

Definitely a buy at $4.88.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Fletch was there?

Isn't that movie OOP? Might have to check my Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought. There was a ton at mine though.

(kinda spoilerish)

Depressing seeing a guy follow something he believed in so close and see its fake right before he dies lol...

(end spoiler)

its not really spoiling anything.. but it just kinda got me down, other than that its a really good movie.

Thanks for the info. I want to get Fletch, then. Did they have part 2 of it?

At $5, it's a good deal even if they did put it OOP for a new version of it.

[quote name='jpmoney']Here's what I picked up at my local Wal-Mart dump bin:

Analyze This
Arlington Road
The Edge
Hot Shots!
Hot Shots! Part Deux
The Naked Gun
The Naked Gun 2 1/2
The Naked Gun 33 1/3
Panic Room

OH, and here is what I got in the dollar bin (slim cases):
Animal Farm (animated)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians[/QUOTE]

yeah? ill have to go and check for the naked gun movies... those always made me laugh

Man ont he Moon isn't really depressing at all, sure Kaufman died an a young age, but he was fairly at peace with himself and happy with what he accomplished in his lifetime. Andy Kaufmans death was not sad or untimeley, it was just another chapter in his most bizarre life story.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Thanks for the info. I want to get Fletch, then. Did they have part 2 of it?

At $5, it's a good deal even if they did put it OOP for a new version of it.[/QUOTE]

More like "especially since they did put it OOP". It has been out of print for a long time, but, as far as I know, no reprint has been announced. The way I figure it, they have two options -- They can release a 20th anniversary edition by the end of the year, or they can wait until close to the release of the new Fletch movie to release a special edition. The problem with the second option is that production keeps getting pushed back on that film -- I don't even think they have cast it, yet.

To answer your question, I did not see Fletch Lives! in this sale, but that is still widely available.

the dvd is a must-own...i know next to nothing about andy and could personally give a shit about him...it actually makes me sick how ugly he is :lol: but if you can get past the first 20-30 minutes of the movie, you'll be thankful that you did...i hope i'm not spoiling anything, but it's not really depressing until the end...other than that, it's funny as hell

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I'd like to grab Red Dragon -- any chance the other hannibal flicks (Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal) were 5 bucks too?[/QUOTE]

No Dice on the others just Red Dragon.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I'd like to grab Red Dragon -- any chance the other hannibal flicks (Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal) were 5 bucks too?[/QUOTE]

Be on the alert, with Red Dragon, they have both widescreen and full "fool" screen available... I had to dig around to find the AWS version

My old walmart got rid of their cheap dvd bins.Whats up with that?I used to live for those bins.HAHA.My new wally world still has them though.
Later,
Dillon

I just went to the newly open one and they had a bin that was 3 feet deep with dvds.
I bought:
Fletch
Dragon: bruce lee story
galaxy quest
black beauty
Kull
They had alot of tv pilot episodes including 24, the hulk, dukes of hazzard, three's company, and battlestar galatica. I really was looking for the Naked guns and hot shots, but no luck.

I happened to be at a WalMart, and picked up Fletch. :cool:

Didn't get a chance to look further, but there was some great stuff in there. I'll probably pick up the Naked Gun Trilogy and Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story in the future.

I think people are getting the $4.88 rack confused with the $5.50 bin. Sure, only 62 cent difference, but they are still two separate entities.

Anyway, I picked up the animated cartoon from The Mummy series for $4.88 (along with my girlfriend's 10% employee discount), to go along with my collection. Turns out it sucks really bad, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, but at least the spine art looks good next to my other Mummy DVDs.

[quote name='TubeRacer']I think people are getting the $4.88 rack confused with the $5.50 bin. Sure, only 62 cent difference, but they are still two separate entities.

Anyway, I picked up the animated cartoon from The Mummy series for $4.88 (along with my girlfriend's 10% employee discount), to go along with my collection. Turns out it sucks really bad, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it, but at least the spine art looks good next to my other Mummy DVDs.[/QUOTE]

If it sucks, then it's right on par with the movies (and likely your entire collection). I kid, I kid...but The Mummy Returns was terrible.

I didn't find Man on the Moon to be especially depressing, but I suppose I could see how others may see it that way. It's an excellent film, regardless, and for $4.88 there's absolutely no reason not to pick this up.

[quote name='TubeRacer']I think people are getting the $4.88 rack confused with the $5.50 bin. Sure, only 62 cent difference, but they are still two separate entities.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, at the WalMart I went to, the $5.50 / 2 for $11 bin titles all rang up at $4.88. I guess it's just a YMMV situation.

bread's done
Back