Walmart $4.88 Valentines DVD sale

flowery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Another $4.88 sale at Walmart. As always YMMV on selection and what not. I noticed:

Glory 2 Disc
Ghost of Mars
Identity
Riding In Cars With Boys
Red Water
Boa vs Python
Jet Li Black Mask or something
and others...

If anyone finds or knows of the others I missed post them.

Also found these mixed with the same batch you found on an endcap by the checkout aisle for $4.88 at the Mt. Pocono, PA Wal-Mart:

It Could Happen to You
The Freshman
Real Genius
Avenging Angelo
Little Secrets

And a lot of other pitiful crap I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. Everything you mentioned was there except for Riding in Cars with Boys, which must be a hot ticket in the Wal-Mart checkout lane since it stars a trailer trashy single mom.

This Wal-Mart also had a wall of plastic shelving by the electronics department with lots of $7.50 DVDs. This is in addition to the usual 4-sided aisle shelving display most Wal-Marts have of $7.50s. This $7.50 wall had a lot of titles my local Wal-Mart doesn't have at all such as:

Speed 2
Traffic
Fugitive
Regarding Henry
Rain Man
Almost Famous
American Beauty
Fargo
King Kong 1976
Mighty Joe Young
Amityville 3D
Fright Night
Sinbad (Full Frame)

And lots, lots more than that of a decent crop of titles. First time I've seen Speed 2 in a B&M store that I can recall.

My Wal-Mart in Hazleton, PA finally caught up in a big way and put out a huge display in the back of the DVD department of the abovementioned titles and many, many more. Some new ones in the mix I saw were...

Against All Odds (wide)
Red Rock West (wide and full dual)
Body Double (full screen)
Last Action Hero (full screen)
Vampires (John Carpenter)

A whole lot more and a lot of variety. I noticed very few Glorys in the mix whereas the other store I saw these at had a lot. So this mix is more of a random fill than some of the seemingly more prepared displays are.

[quote name='Skylander7']SHIT!! Is it still going on??? I'd kill for Glory, Rain Man, and Farenheit at that price[/QUOTE]

Most Wal-Mart's have taken down the bins, and shoved the movies into the enormous dump bins.

I searched through three bins, never saw Glory, saw everything though mixed in with the $5.50 movies.

bread's done
Back