Walmart $50 GC with purchase of Wii --- AD update

drhodes4

CAGiversary!
I know this was already posted; this thread is only for extra info that may aid people in getting the deal.

Apparently in the weekly ad -- 12/6 - 12/12 -- for some stores (only sure for the ones in my area (Northern WV) it appears to say the deal started 12/6 so this may be why the deal is still available in some stores.

Just wanted to post this for people actually interested and wanting the deal. The fact that stock remained yesterday may be misleading due to this add showing the deal starts today.

Good luck if your going after it.

**I did not post a link to the ad simply because it was dependent to my store (Morgantown, WV) and felt it could be misleading if other ads were different and did not want to confuse anyone or rouse false hopes**

There's an official add on Walmart's website at http://connect.walmart.com/holidaysavings/. It's linked from the big "In-Store Holiday Savings" link on the left side of their main page. There is a print list option on the site, though when I bought a system yesterday the gift card activation was automatically coming up on their register.

$199**
Wii Console
Sale starts at 8 am on Dec 5
+ $50 Walmart Gift Card

**Wii Gift Card offer good from 8 am Dec. 5 to Dec. 12. Quantities of all items are limited. No rainchecks. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico or on Walmart.com. We may limit the number of items purchased per customer. Void where prohibited.

Actually the deal started yesterday so your wrong.
However, corporate told us to put aside 10 wiis for Sunday. SO basically good luck with that getting hte last 10 it will be mobbed.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Actually the deal started yesterday so your wrong.
[/QUOTE]

The ad for my local store (12/6-12/12) has the Wii listed with this deal. So for the general public who reads these ads it appears to start today, which as i stated may be why there were some left. Hence why I included the word "appears" in my sentence of when the deal starts.

I did not state that it did not start yesterday, nor did I state that other sources suggest inconsistencies with the ad which I refer to, I alluded to the fact that many people may have thought it did not start until today. I was simply trying to be helpful and offer an explanation for why there are some left and let people know that that stock may deplete today. I did not say any of this to be an arrogant douche, luckily you stepped up and filled that position in this thread -- congrats ***hole. So take you unnecessary, unwarranted, derogatory comments that stem from your inability to understand how to read a sentence thoroughly, derive deeper meaning from it, or utilize complex thought processes that go into mental mechanics and shove them up your ***.

Morgantown, WV -- Granville -- 12 on the shelves as of 10:45 am.

BB(Elizabethtown, KY) price matched for me yesterday, so you may want to try you luck going that route, but as always, it's YMMV

this deal was such a scam. i understand it's a realllly good deal and it was bound to be mobbed, but i hate that they advertised this as a weeklong sale when they knew it would only last a day.

furthermore, if you search for a wii console on their site, it's now listed as "not sold in stores". so they have 5 days left of a sale on an item they officially don't carry in their stores. stay classy, walmart.

bread's done
Back