Walmart - $50 Gift Card with purchase of Wii at $199

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This is in the general Black Friday thread, but it's a good deal and there seems to be a lot of confusion about it (not just on CAG, but other places as well), so I pulled it into its own thread....

First off, the Wii Bundle shown in the ad is *ONLY* at Walmart.com. This bundle will *NOT* be in stores. Period. EVER.

Second, the in-store deal is simple. Buy a stock Wii (White, Black or the limited edition Red) at $199, get a $50 gift card. This is a standard Walmart gift card, good for anything in the store, gas or purchases at Walmart.com.

This offer begins at 12:01 AM on Friday Morning in stores that are open 24 hours. In stores that are not open 24 hours, the offer begins when your store opens. The offer lasts all-day, while supplies last. Most stores have plenty of supplies (we're a small store and have 70+). This is not a 5am-11am special - again, it is all-day (while supplies last).

And yes, it's real. Your store should have little one-sheet fliers that they're handing out to advertise this deal. Also, Walmart's twitter feed tweeted the deal, which was re-tweeted by Nintendo's official twitter feed, so you can go look that up, if you are so inclined.

Any other questions?

[quote name='UncleBob']Any other questions?[/QUOTE]

What's included in the .com Wii bundle? If you're gonna make a separate thread for it, you might as well mention that.

This thread isn't for the Walmart.com bundle. I don't have any information about it beyond what's shown in the regular ad (the price and the fact that it's a dot-com only item).

This thread is about the standard, ordinary, regular Nintendo manufactured bundles sold at your local brick-and-mortar Walmart store with a standard, every day price of $199.

[quote name='UncleBob']This thread isn't for the Walmart.com bundle. I don't have any information about it beyond what's shown in the regular ad (the price and the fact that it's a dot-com only item).

This thread is about the standard, ordinary, regular Nintendo manufactured bundles sold at your local brick-and-mortar Walmart store with a standard, every day price of $199.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for nothing bro.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Thanks for nothing bro.[/QUOTE]
If you don't have anything nice to say you should shut up and move along.

[quote name='UncleBob']This thread is about the standard, ordinary, regular Nintendo manufactured bundles sold at your local brick-and-mortar Walmart store with a standard, every day price of $199.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I thought you were bringing to light the .com portion being advertised in an in-store flyer being handed out. net $150 is good, not that I would ever buy a Wii.

And now: back to Amazon...

Thanks for discouraging someone from trying to help in a forum that was designed specifically for that purpose.

Way to help the cause.

[quote name='Temidien']Thanks for discouraging someone from trying to help in a forum that was designed specifically for that purpose.

Way to help the cause.[/QUOTE]

The forum is cluttered with enough threads already. It doesn't need even more threads posting deals with incomplete information that are already covered in other threads.

I'm sure that's what the poor CAG that traded with you and got ripped off said.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The forum is cluttered with enough threads already. It doesn't need even more threads posting deals with incomplete information that are already covered in other threads.[/QUOTE]

That isn't the point. Even if the thread is redundant your attitude towards the person who was simply trying to help is inappropriate and uncalled for. There are much, much better ways to let the OP know that their thread is redundant (hell, they even acknowledged in the first post that they were reposting to clear up confusion from other threads regarding a specific deal).

Regardless, thanks to this thread I'll be picking up a red Wii at Walmart tonight (I hadn't caught wind of this deal), so thanks OP!

[quote name='no_exit']I'm sure that's what the poor CAG that traded with you and got ripped off said.[/QUOTE]

I haven't traded with anyone here. One of the douche mods gave me a permanent trading violation for pointing out that he didn't have the authority to dictate/enforce the terms of a contract between third parties (in this case prohibiting the use of paypal personal payments to avoid fees).

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']I haven't traded with anyone here. One of the douche mods gave me a permanent trading violation for pointing out that he didn't have the authority to dictate/enforce the terms of a contract between third parties (in this case prohibiting the use of paypal personal payments to avoid fees).[/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

I'll be heading to walmart tonight to try to snag the Red wii for ~141 after selling the gift card and lolassociate discount, for my gf's christmas gift.

Amazon is matching this on the black, white and red version and the $50 credit is only good on video game items.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice but seeing as the Red comes with mario and also the new wiimote plus... it's a steal at walmart imo. If amazon matched with the red wii, I would buy from them to keep from going out tonight.

[quote name='K_G']Amazon is matching this, although just on the white version and the $50 credit is only good on video game items.[/QUOTE]

Damn I wish they were matching the Red one too =(

That clears up some confusion but my question now is will the $50 gift card be offered online as well or is it just for in-store? And if it is online I'm guessing it will apply to the bundle that is online only correct?

I got an email from TRUs with a coupon for the $50 gift card, too.

So they are matching this deal as well.

Where is that amazon deal posted. On the Black Friday deals posted by cheapyD I only see black or white Wii for 169.99. I do not see it listed anywhere with a $50 gaming coupon or $50 off.

Toys r us coupon page
It is only good between Thrus 10AM and 2AM Friday.
Only on the black and white Wii systems

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...mepage_aspot:4:Bonus-Black-Friday-Doorbusters

If you go to amazon, you'll see the $50 credit details on the wii console page...this deal likely has popped up since the last update of the various deals by Cheapy

The pro of the amazon deal is that it is no work to get it

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart.com seems to be out of this bundle. I wonder if they're out for real, or putting some aside for the 12:00 sale.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The forum is cluttered with enough threads already. It doesn't need even more threads posting deals with incomplete information that are already covered in other threads.[/QUOTE]

What more information would you like in this thread? I mean, the title clearly states it's about the Walmart $50 Gift Card with purchase of a Wii at $199 deal. Not putting other deals in this thread doesn't make it incomplete. I'm sorry I don't have information about the dot-com bundle because I simply do not have it. Call dot-com for more information about merchandise they sell.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Nebraska Furniture Mart have Regular Wii with Wii Sports for $99.99 I wonder Walmart pricematch 5 hours sales! [/quote]
If your Walmart has a Nebraska Furniture Mart in their "local trade area" and that same store still has any of the non-Wii Sports Resort systems left (which they should not, as they were all sent out on a recall), then yes, your store *should* match this.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']That clears up some confusion but my question now is will the $50 gift card be offered online as well or is it just for in-store? And if it is online I'm guessing it will apply to the bundle that is online only correct? [/quote]

It was my understanding that this promo would be in-store only. I wouldn't be surprised if that's changed, though. ;)

[quote name='Orangeband']I was just curious if anyone had a scan of those 1-sheet fliers? [/quote]
I don't, but the only things that were on it that wasn't in the regular ad was the Wii and Toy Story 3 on DVD for $10.

This deal doesn't exist. It was written that this was specific to Walmart.com-- these are sold out and there is no mention of a gift card, so this thread isn't of much use.

[quote name='Luketaru']Does anyone know if the Mario bros included with the red wii is the exact same as retail copies? UPC etc.[/QUOTE]

No its in a sleeve similar to wii sports

[quote name='demonbox']This deal doesn't exist. It was written that this was specific to Walmart.com-- these are sold out and there is no mention of a gift card, so this thread isn't of much use.[/QUOTE]

WRONG. This deal was advertised in a one-page ad for Walmart specifically for 199 with a bonus $50 gift card. I went to the store I work at and even the managers DID NOT KNOW about this deal. I found the ad and showed them, they subsequently brought out about 40 Red wiis, I bought 2. They rang up as priced, with the gift cards included. Even used the first gift card towards the 2nd wii, and used the 2nd gift card to purchase a few misc deals.

Glad it worked out for you-- and I should have been more specific. In regards to this:

First off, the Wii Bundle shown in the ad is *ONLY* at Walmart.com. This bundle will *NOT* be in stores. Period. EVER.

This did not show up at 12:00 or at 5:00. So as to it being online only, as the first author indicated, never saw this despite being up the whole time.

Ahh, my bad. Yea the one in the ad shows it bundled with an extra controller and epic mickey, but epic mickey isn't even out yet so not sure how they're going to sell it with that phantom bundle :eek:... The walmart I went to was so chaotic and the managers had no control it seemed, it was just so crazy.

[quote name='Luketaru'] The walmart I went to was so chaotic and the managers had no control it seemed, it was just so crazy.[/QUOTE]

lol welcome to black friday!

bread's done
Back