Walmart 9/12-9/18

Lubis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
$15 each Blus
Titles shown are The Blind Side, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Where The Wild Things Are. More in store.

The Lord of the Rings (all 3 are $15 per title).

Hmm, I've been looking for a deal on Sherlock Holmes. Maybe Amazon will match so I don't have to go to Wal-Mart.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Those LotR titles are supposed to be garbage on blu right?[/QUOTE]

that's what i've heard.

but I have the LotR steelbook and its dying to be filled!

Nice, will pick up The Blind Side and Sherlock Holmes, actually hoping for an Amazon price match as I don't really like shopping at Walmart. Thank you though OP.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Those LotR titles are supposed to be garbage on blu right?[/QUOTE]

Wait until the extended cuts come out.

Sherlocke Holmes was great if your a Robert Downey Jr fan. I enjoyed the movie. The Blind Side was pretty damn good too.

uhhhhhhhhhh, nothing of the sort, the first one had a LITTLE bit of a softness issue, nobody's sure whether it was the post processing for effects, dnr or what, but it's nothing really distracting. and the 2nd and 3rd look absolutely stunning. all 3 are an ENORMOUS leap up from the DVD's in AQ and PQ. If you like the theatrical cuts (which I like better than the sluggish and bogged down extended cuts) then they are WELL worth the upgrade.

read the reviews

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Motion-Picture-Trilogy-Blu-ray/5174/
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/42435/lord-of-the-rings-the-motion-picture-trilogy-the/

Between upscaled DVD and the blu rays, it was hard to find a difference for me honestly for LoTR. Yay for Netflix rentals. Will buy the extended whenever that comes out.

I just wanted to point out that they had all four Resident Evil movies in Steel books for $15 a piece. I say four cause Degeneration was there.

Edit: The first place I ALWAYS look before buying a Blu-Ray is the AVS forum to see how the PQ and AQ is of the movie. Seems as is LotR: Return of the King is the highest rated with a Gold rating. Then both movies seem to go down hill from there.

[quote name='lolwut?']Reviews can be helpful, but the first place one should always look is AVS forums.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1237167

Found that with a quick search though I'm sure there are more threads (I don't really give a shit about LotR, so I didn't get in-depth).[/QUOTE]

last place I check for reviews anymore, they used to be good (I was an avid member for years) but they are a bunch or hypersensitive whackjobs over there anymore for the most part.

Walmart is a deal distance from me. Will Best Buy pricematch the Walmart's online ad, or do you have to have a physical copy? Anyone have any luck with that? I've waited long for Where the Wild Things Are to drop. The WB.com online shop also has it for 15 but free shipping on orders over 60, blah.

[quote name='lolwut?']Reviews can be helpful, but the first place one should always look is AVS forums.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1237167

Found that with a quick search though I'm sure there are more threads (I don't really give a shit about LotR, so I didn't get in-depth).[/QUOTE]

AVS forums are good if you want to get into deeper technical detail, but I gave up on that site long ago as far as reviews of discs because I just don't care as much about minor nitpicks like people there do.
The more "mainstream" sites' reviews (like highdefdigest) will suit most people just fine.

AVS is a good resource for getting info on players, though.

I may have to pick up the LOTR's. I forgot that I still one of the steel books.
Personally, I'm not really sure I'll ever be able to sit through an entire Extended cut anyway.

I liked the Blind Side, that's probably the only movie out of all of those that I would think about buying. Solid prices though.

I was just on the wbshop website after doing the free shipping deal for dvd2blu. It looks like these same titles are 14.99 on their site as well. Free shipping if you order $60.

Anyway, my point is that since this sale seems to coordinate with WB, there's a possibility other stores might sell these titles at the same price. Free site-to-store would be a nice option too.

bread's done
Back