Walmart BF $10 games no show

kennywsp5

CAGiversary!
I was at my local Wal-mart (port orchard WA) at 11:15 for the $10.00 PS3 games. When they were unwrapped at midnight. Not a single PS3 one was there. I have seen a few others say online there Wal-Marts also "lost" the $10.00 ones also. Any one else have a similar experience?

[quote name='kennywsp5']I was at my local Wal-mart (port orchard WA) at 11:15 for the $10.00 PS3 games. When they were unwrapped at midnight. Not a single PS3 one was there. I have seen a few others say online there Wal-Marts also "lost" the $10.00 ones also. Any one else have a similar experience?[/QUOTE]

wow false advertising...

This is funny because the only 10 game i saw/got was gOW Collection and that was because it was in the discount isle games behind a bunch of ps2 games not in the isle as advertised. This was at midnight when they unwrapped the games in the isles. I never saw an infamous, CODMW GOTY, or Killzone 2. They had plenty of RDRs and EA sports games though

Walmart at Hamilton mill in georgia was the same. just maddens and rdr (ps3/360). no other ones. they brought out a pallet with wii/ds games as well but i wasn't there for wii/ds stuff. it was a mad house. soccer moms and grandmas turned into piranhas feasting on a bleeding pig in the amazon river.

I just came back from a walmart near me and got Call of Duty 4 and Rachet and Clank: Tools of destruction.

So, one of the walmarts had them here, but they were all mixed up. FYI for those looking, it's in the special red bins not in the game sections where they usually are.

The one here in Wetumpka, AL had all the ones pictured in the Ad (Killzone 2, GOW collection, Ratchet, etc....). I didn't even go until after 9am, so they probably had more early.

[quote name='thewarprodigy']Walmart at Hamilton mill in georgia was the same. just maddens and rdr (ps3/360). no other ones. they brought out a pallet with wii/ds games as well but i wasn't there for wii/ds stuff. it was a mad house. soccer moms and grandmas turned into piranhas feasting on a bleeding pig in the amazon river.[/QUOTE]

Haha awesome imagery. In the Santa Clarita Wal-Mart, they set out like ten shopping carts full of random movies and games. Unfortunately, by the time I got there at about 10 a.m., I only came across one PS3 and one 360 game, neither of which piqued my interest.

It was a zoo--you could hardly move without bumping into people.

bakersfield stores (at least the 2 i went to) let ppl load up and just stand in line until 12, so when i got there just before midnight all the red displays were completely empty. Second wm i was able to get GOW collection by having the guy pull it from behind the glass. it was complete chaos

My walmart had everything advertised although some of the blu-rays randomly showed up at about noon the next day. However they decided that apparently the Xbox 360 isn't important enough to put the games out and not a single game showed. Well except Tomb Raider which was mixed with the Wii games. They did have PS3 games to burn. It's hilarious how the only "doorbusters" that sold out in my area were the TV and laptop. Like I said I went back around noon today and was able to pick up the Sony Digital Camera, the Tom Tom GPS and the Phillips Blu-Ray surround home theater system.

Wal-Mart seemed to have the best overall deals, but the worse execution. I hit 2 Wal-Marts at midnight and one this afternoon. The first Wal-Mart was chaos at midnight, didn't see the games at midnight (I was getting Blu rays) but people were pulling stuff through the plastic at 11ish. When Midnight hit, a guy holding a very large stack of games starting yelling "if you want these, buy them on ebay!" The employees tried to stop people at first but gave up and there was a lot of yelling and pushing. One girl sat on the floor in front of the game display and gripped the whole stand with one arm so no one could get through while she was adding to the stack. She actually snatched a game out of someones hand. Pitiful. I ended up get GOW collection out of the case and then moved on to another wall mart.

The second Wal-Mart was cleaned out. Infamous was in the case, but they refused to honor the price (they said different SKUs). I had their price match policy and was sent up front. Up front they said they dont match their own prices (manager told me higher ups said they had a limited amount of sale SKUs and after that they were done and everything else was normal price). They said they would pm anything else so I pm'ed Tekken 6 and Iron man blue ray ($7, moviestop) only to be told they cant pricematch until the other store opens (understandable in a way for fairness, not understandable in that the policy from corporate heavily indicates they PM at midnight and that the policy to make it "easy" for customers).

I ended up going back out the next morning, PM'ed everything (in the ad, only things that were shown in the ads were able to pm'ed, anything else was not) and found Infamous.

Overall, Wal-Mart failed in execution. The SKU thing was baffling, a guy found a vacuum they had for sale with the exact picture in the Wal-Mart ad, and they wouldnt match their price but he was told another Wal-Mart might. K-Mart store was a wreck, local pawns were hit hardm and the mall was dead. Also, I've been doing Black Friday sales for over 10 years now and this year far away brought out the rudest people. I heard swearing, saw pushing (one guy who was doing it told his friend afterward that he wanted to start a fight and that the p***y wouldnt push him back), people threatening each other, people holding up lines with reserved spots and not budging until their friend / S.O. got there....it was ridiculous. This all happened in Orlando (the land of the mouse) where last year on Black Friday Tiger Woods got caught, and this year involved quite a bit of customer ignorance.

The first Wal-Mart I went into was hectic, only one copy of Killzone 2 and Rachet & Clank: Tools of Destruction was left (mainly because I stupidly waited near the glass cases, thinking the games would be there). I later returned to another Wal-Mart for the 5am deals and to my surprise I found God of War Collection and a bunch of copies of other $10 games. It all depends on the store and if people have that hoarder black Friday craze going about.

I know better than to go there on Black Friday. But my brother went and came home pissed. Apparently they were out of stock on the $98 19" inch HDTV before even opening. Then he was hoping to get some of the $10 PS3 games for the PS3 he bought last month, but this Wal-Mart had none of them.

really get paid to click on ads is good for home business like wise step is blow

1)click on "surf ads" at the top of the page once you are logged into your
account

2)then proceed to click on one of the ads.

3)the ad will open up in a new a window and a 30 secound timer will start

4)once the timer goes to 0, you can exit out of the window

5)do that for all the ads on the page to get maximum money in your account

6)the cool thing is that you can open up the ad, then go do whatever you want for 30 secounds on the internet.you don't have to just look at the ad for 30 secound

7)once you reach $10 in your account,you can request a cash out and get money into your paypal account or alertpay account

for more information about best ptc site

The two I wanted GOW coll and COD4 were nowhere to be found even in the shrink wrapped bundled red display.

Other than those 2 games, I got everything else I wanted in regards to Target and BB.

Best Black Friday ever:

Objective: Price match Best Buy ad for Fallout 3 Platinum Edition for $10 at Walmart

Result: No Fallout 3 Platinum Edition in walmart cabinet BUT there is a GOTY edition (all DLC included)
Thoughts: Hell, I came all this way, I'll just see if they'll...

Walmart Cashier: "Wow, that's cheap!" "Hold on, my manager needs to approve cause it's so low"

Walmart Manager: *yawn* *glances at Best Buy ad* *swipe*

Me: :rofl: alllll the way home...

the walmart in excelsior springs missouri had a huge fight over $2 dvds. fist fights, the cops were called twice and eventually the cops just stayed at the front door. i also heard about a couple fights at the liberty missouri store too. glad i stayed home and shopped off amazon.com.

Both Walmarts here had $10 games. I got a few I wanted at almost noon, actually. The StupidCenter though was cleaned out at 11:45pm when someone ripped the plastic off.

Aside from the mad rush for some video games at a maybe $2-3 savings, the crowd at Walmart wasn't bad attitude or action wise.

That is some truly sad shit...getting in a fist fight over a $2 DVD that could probably be had any other day of the week for $5.

I'd kill someone over a $2 DVD :lol:

I sadly didn't see any of the infamous $10 games either in the Wal-Mart I went to (Inverness, AL), but I did happen to snag Shaman King: Spirit Of Power for $15 bucks on their PS2 sale/markdown rack. If I remember to point out it was on a 10 buck price slot I could have gotten it for less.

At my Walmart I was a bit late (few minutes after midnight) but managed to pick up one lone copy of $10 Infamous for PS3 from the red display boxes. Super luckily on the way ringing out I switched to a shorter line. Right in the gum section right before the register someone left a copy of Uncharted with a promo dot sticker. Had the lady ring it up and score! $10! I was super happy and took that bad boy too.

Stayed until 5 AM to pickup a PS3 bundle.

bought:

:br:
simpsons movie
i am legend
day after tomorrow

:ps3:
infamous
GOW collection

what i dont get is that my total came out to be $26. Possibly a price error?

[quote name='david12795']bought:

:br:
simpsons movie
i am legend
day after tomorrow

:ps3:
infamous
GOW collection

what i dont get is that my total came out to be $26. Possibly a price error?[/QUOTE]

Strange, maybe whoever was in charge of putting the prices on the SKUs screwed up? Maybe they though those were for the $2 DVDs instead of the Blu-Rays?

[quote name='tangytangerine']Strange, maybe whoever was in charge of putting the prices on the SKUs screwed up? Maybe they though those were for the $2 DVDs instead of the Blu-Rays?[/QUOTE]

good question.

probably, i should bought more then.

i actually went to my super walmart at 1145pm on black friday, after i got off work.
i found 3 dvds for 1.96 DC - green lantern, superman doomsday, and batman red hood.

I ordered from walmart.com on thanksgiving eve Ratchet and clank crack in time shipped for $11.57. Already had every other one of those $10 dollar games so saved me a hassle dealing with walmart as i heard crack in time special price was only online live a few hours anyway.

My walmart had all of them in the red stand back by the food aisles. Sadly walmart employees had raided them and alot of games were missing, I went back in at noon and they still had copies of most of the games though. The prices are still good so fan out and look at your local stores, Mine still has alot of them left.

[quote name='Sinnbox']My walmart had all of them in the red stand back by the food aisles. Sadly walmart employees had raided them and alot of games were missing, I went back in at noon and they still had copies of most of the games though. The prices are still good so fan out and look at your local stores, Mine still has alot of them left.[/QUOTE]

Which games? I tried picking up Infamous Sunday and it rang up full price.

you have to get the ones out of the red boxes they have the right SKU for the deal. This may be YMMV

Really sad, you aren't gonna make much on Ebay after fees, and besides if everyone is listing the same items at once the price will go down to probably below the $10 price point. The smart ebay seller knows this and will buy only what they need for family and friends as gifts.

I feel bad for the kids who are getting a bunch of $10 crap games for Xmas instead of a couple good, more expensive titles.

bread's done
Back