Walmart
iconwalmart_r3.gif

Bing Cashback 10%
cbcoin.gif

Last updated 02/06/10

1. Go to the search site: www.bing.com

2. Enter in the search: "walmart exercise equipment" or "Walmart Exercise bike"
or you can put this in the address bar:
javascript:void(eval("document.writeln('Walmart');"))

3. Click on the "Bing cashback" for Walmart link at the top of the search results.

4. The intermediate Bing cashback site will show that a Walmart 15% cashback will be applied and asks for a signin or an e-mail address. A Windows Live ID (which is like a slightly enhanced Hotmail account) that is enrolled in the Bing cashback program is required to receive the cashback. Giving only your e-mail address will make it so the cashback program can later send an e-mail requesting you to sign up to receive the cashback.

5. After signing in or giving your e-mail address, the Bing cashback site will redirect you to walmart.com. There will be no indication that a cashback program will apply to the purchase at any point while shopping there.

6. Complete an order from walmart.com following this redirection. Using PayPal may be easiest because the cashback will be sent to your PayPal account.

7. Wait about 15 to 30 minutes for Bing cashback to send a message to your given e-mail address or Bing cashback e-mail address. If you do not receive this message within about an hour, you may want to cancel your order.

8. This message will give a link to sign up for Bing cashback and/or claim your cashback. When signing up for Bing cashback, they require personal information such as your name, address, and phone number.

9. The cashback will then take about 60 days to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can use an egiftcard with Bing Cashback. I did that yesterday when ordering a 4000 points live card and used the $10 egiftcard from my BF:BC2 pre-order. I got the full 20% BCB in my account (well, I mean with the usual 60 days before I can collect it.)

Argh. Ordered Red Dead Redemption, but the cashback died again before I could get the e-gift card in my inbox and get a 4000 MS point card ordered.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Argh. Ordered Red Dead Redemption, but the cashback died again before I could get the e-gift card in my inbox and get a 4000 MS point card ordered.[/QUOTE]

Copy and paste this into the address bar once on Bing.com --

VOILA

It's not dead yet!

I've got a cashback link for Target, but not Walmart. I think it's kind of funny that they're running this awesome promo to get me to notice their site, but instead they're getting my attention with the promo and then screwing it up, so instead of not knowing what Bing is, I now know what it is and associate with unrealibility, inconsistency and dissapointment.

Great marketing MS!

Copy and paste this into the address bar once on Bing.com --

VOILA

It's not dead yet!

Thank you for that. Went ahead and threw in my MS points order using that link. When it is all said and done, $75 for Red Dead Redemption and 4000 MS points.

I took advantage of this yesterday - the javascript exploit definitely worked wonders. I was nervous waiting for the BCB to go into my account but.. eventually it came through. There's really no indication it will work. I recommend setting up your walmart account with the same email associated to the Bing Account, and making sure that you're NOT private browsing in your browser.

I bought a 598.00 46" LCDTV 1080p (albeit not a name brand - great price) and got $120.00 back.

You'll get a page with a single link right to the 20% CB page for Walmart prompting you to login.

I'm sad I can't do site-to-store in my state. I can't buy the iPod Nano I want to get for my wife for valentine's day. :(

Thanks for the heads up on this, shifted a couple pre-orders over from Amazon to Walmart doing the e-gift card + bcb dance, thus freeing up my Amazon credit for more impulsish purposes.

Ninja edit: For anyone curious, I just got my cashback to show up from a cut-and-paste-in-to-the-address-bar purchase from about 30-40 minutes ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShallowDepths']I took advantage of this yesterday - the javascript exploit definitely worked wonders. I was nervous waiting for the BCB to go into my account but.. eventually it came through. There's really no indication it will work. I recommend setting up your walmart account with the same email associated to the Bing Account, and making sure that you're NOT private browsing in your browser.

I bought a 598.00 46" LCDTV 1080p (albeit not a name brand - great price) and got $120.00 back.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to pick this up too. It's got great reviews every where. Let's hope it doesn't have a short fuse, haha.

Without site-to-store, tax and shipping kills most of the savings for me. I actually have better promos locked in at Amazon right now for video games. Oh well...

[quote name='Serpentor']They don't charge ahead of time for pre-orders. This actually works out in your favor using BCB. I'm on the fence on this, how's shipping on the games?[/QUOTE]

They charge for preorders. I got popped for $110 for my Madden and Battlefield Bad Company 2 preorders yesterday and charged $50 for my Final Fantasy preorder last week.

WalMart charges right away...

[quote name='Hupperware']They charge for preorders. I got popped for $110 for my Madden and Battlefield Bad Company 2 preorders yesterday and charged $50 for my Final Fantasy preorder last week.

WalMart charges right away...[/QUOTE]

only on pre-orders with GCs

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I think I'm going to pick this up too. It's got great reviews every where. Let's hope it doesn't have a short fuse, haha.[/QUOTE]

Other than the sound it does seem pretty good, it's the Sceptre right? I've got a soundbar, so I'm not too worried about that. Couldn't beat the price with the free delivery. Not for something above 42" in 1080p at least. Though I do wish the refresh rate was at least 120hz. Oh well, compromise for dollars saved.

Does Walmart.com mention anything at all about the Bing Cashback being active?

Ebay has a little graphic in the header, just wondering if Walmart has anything similar.

[quote name='donburns99']Does Walmart.com mention anything at all about the Bing Cashback being active?

Ebay has a little graphic in the header, just wondering if Walmart has anything similar.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like that. So it's almost unsure if you did it right when checking out.

[quote name='ithebigc']._. I never thought of this....that's kinda brilliant, actually. Anyone want to try this out?[/QUOTE]
Used to be able to get 30% bing cashback on gift cards on ebay. Those were the days.

[quote name='dcm1602']Has anyone tried buying gift cards (not games with gift cards) on there with BCB?

Because if you can buy say 100$ in gift cards, then get 20$ BCB then use the 100$ in gift cards to buy 100$ in games with another 20$ BCB, you effectively could get lots of free money >

Awesome, I missed this by like 15 minutes yesterday. Now I got my Beatles rock band bundle. Even though I had to pay CA sales tax, still better than amazon.

Worked for me. Got a 120GB PS3 for about 270 after shipping, tax and cashback. I was pissed that I couldn't get one at target for 250, but the price is about the same after tax anyway.

[quote name='gunm']Without site-to-store, tax and shipping kills most of the savings for me. I actually have better promos locked in at Amazon right now for video games. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

All the games I saw had free shipping...

Bought wwe 09 (free shipping) Madden 11 (free shipping) FF 13 (free shipping)

All the games I bought had free shipping too (MAFIA II, ALIENS VS PREDATOR, MADDEN 11, BIOSHOCK 2).

After buying one game at $51 (after CB and tax), I applied the $10 gift cards to the next order (rinse repeat) so I ended up with a whole bunch of $42 games after that.

Excellent deal :)

[quote name='dcm1602']All the games I saw had free shipping...

Bought wwe 09 (free shipping) Madden 11 (free shipping) FF 13 (free shipping)[/QUOTE]

No not the games. Like I said, I am getting them cheaper via Amazon. You can use the CB for anything and I was hoping to get some electronics or other items that would've really benefited from a 20% cashback.

[quote name='gunm']No not the games. Like I said, I am getting them cheaper via Amazon..[/QUOTE]

You're getting the games cheaper through Amazon? Even with a few orders with the ECA this Walmart deal was even better for me because of the gift cards.

[quote name='gunm']Without site-to-store, tax and shipping kills most of the savings for me. I actually have better promos locked in at Amazon right now for video games. Oh well...[/QUOTE]
I agree. Amazon usually has preorder games about $6 to $10 under retail, release date shipping with prime (or fsss if you don't have prime), no tax, and $10 future video game credit.

I did use bcb to score 4000 ms points from walmart though since they offered free site to store and didn't charge tax.

I recommend that people sign up for BCB first, to make sure that they bother to send any BCB emails. I tried getting the 15% off last week and got burned because they never sent an email and I couldn't cancel my FF XIII pre-order since it had a GC.

so they send out the gift card codes now? might have to give it a spin. years back they shipped the code with a game, but it worked in stores also.

Yes they send out the code immediately, and they only work online. Better if you want to use them to chain up multiple preorders, worse because they charge you right away and won't cancel an order that has them.

I just tested out the bing double-dipping dance and it actually worked.

I got a 60 dollar Walmart e-giftcard through 20% bing and got 12 dollars back.
Then I preordred heavy rain and used the giftcard and got 11.19 BCB. (game was 55.96.)

Total order was 60.86 with CA taxes.

So in all, I saved 23.19 and got Heavy Rain for PS3 for 32.77 with standard shipping to my house.

The only downside is now I just have to wait 60 days for my cash back and wait 3-5 days later for my game. :(

[quote name='Fighterspledge']I just tested out the bing double-dipping dance and it actually worked.

Then I preordred heavy rain and used the giftcard and got 11.19 BCB. (game was 55.96.)

So in all, I saved 23.19 and got Heavy Rain for PS3 for 32.77 with standard shipping to my house.

The only downside is now I just have to wait 60 days for my cash back and wait 3-5 days later for my game. :([/QUOTE]

You got cashback on a gift card...that's genius

[quote name='Fighterspledge']I just tested out the bing double-dipping dance and it actually worked.

The only downside is now I just have to wait 60 days for my cash back and wait 3-5 days later for my game. :([/QUOTE]

well played, sir.

If you really want to get greedy (and smart)

You can buy a 100$ gift card (20$ BCB)

Use the 100 $ gift card to... Buy a 100$ gift card (20$ BCB)

And use the 100$ gift card to...

Think you see where im going with this.

[quote name='dcm1602']If you really want to get greedy (and smart)

You can buy a 100$ gift card (20$ BCB)

Use the 100 $ gift card to... Buy a 100$ gift card (20$ BCB)

And use the 100$ gift card to...

Think you see where im going with this.[/QUOTE]

this would assume you go to walmart alot right...

[quote name='jputahraptor']Is this still active? I can't seem to get anything to come up, damn 9-5 job![/QUOTE]

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Copy and paste this into the address bar once on Bing.com --

VOILA

It's not dead yet![/QUOTE]

It's dangerous out there. Use this!

I used a $10 giftcard I got from a purchase of FFXIII on Heavy Rain and still got full BCB...so you could use a giftcard to buy a giftcard, but I thought you could not get cashback on purchases of giftcards.

bread's done
Back