Walmart breaks street date: 30 Days of Night - YMMV

They did it on the Blu-ray version, too.

I picked it up in the Wal-mart in Tucson (Cortaro) for $24.88

They even had a sign above it, with a picture, with huge words "On Sale Feb 26th".

I asked the clerk if she knew she was breaking the street date, her manager replied "Yes, just sell it."

[quote name='dack']They did it on the Blu-ray version, too.

I picked it up in the Wal-mart in Tucson (Cortaro) for $24.88[/quote]

Blu Ray only $24 hmmm. I will have to jump over that.

I really cant see buying movies. would rather rent them, of the few movies i do own (from yard sales) I dont think i ever watched any more then twice

[quote name='slidecage']I really cant see buying movies. would rather rent them, of the few movies i do own (from yard sales) I dont think i ever watched any more then twice[/quote]

I agree. However, I have a very unhealthy addiction to collecting movies. I typically watch a movie I have purchased 2 or 3 times in a span of a year. Its good to have a collection when you have your friends over as well.

Thing is, at my friends house, they have over 100 dvd's and a lot of those dvd's gives you a nostalgic feeling just thinking about when they were released. I guess thats where the collectors worth kicks in for me.

My local walmart in Wilmington, NC broke street date too. As a result Moviestop was told to sell theirs. They called me and I picked up my reserve on bluray on Friday.

-joseph

my local WM had it tab ready last tuesday morning and it was up tuesday night when the box it came in had a stock date of 2/18 on it meaning it could be put out.

when i talked to the dept manager(an old buddy) he said the vendor said the studio allowed it as the dept. video mods were in reset and last week video selection was weak...besides american gangster.

my walmart in millersburg, oh did the same and broke street date. the weird thing was, the aisle right across from it they had a sticker marked 'into the wild' and then had the 19.96 price tag on, but there were no copies. that wasn't supposed to be released yet, either. did anyone see any copies of that also? or just 30DON?

[quote name='LanceJr']Now street date breaks are deals and warrant a thread...... lame![/QUOTE]

Almost as lame as the person who enters the thread only to bitch and moan about it.

If you don't like the thread and do not feel it belongs then just move along. It's not going to hurt you, and believe it or not, the vast majority of posters at this site will also be able to survive without your opinion.

Looks like the Wal-Marts in Broken Arrow and South Tulsa, OK are all following the fucking rules...great...I can't get to one tomorrow until lunchtime when I'd be able to pick one up today at anytime...

Wal Mart does this all the time, they are completely disorganized. I've picked up several Blu Rays early at their stores... usually they have them out on the Sunday before.

bread's done
Back