Walmart Clearance Bins

breakingcustoms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
UPDATE
Most games are now sold out at my Walmart. I apologize to everyone that I spoke with. If something new happens out here, I will buy ahead next time. Good luck to the others out there, I hope you find some good deals like I did.

Hey guys, just got back from Walmart in Kennett Square, PA and they have a ton of games for $3.00. I'm not sure if this has been posted, but this is what I saw.

DS
Meteos
Sudoku Gridmaster
Metroid Pinball
Gunpey DS
Polarium

GBA
Naruto 2
Tony Hawks American Sk8land
Strawberry Shortcake (hah)

GC
Baten Kaitos Origins
Batman Begins

XBOX
Superman Returns
Marc Ecko's Getting Up
Spiderman 2
Shrek
Advent Rising
The Warriors
Project Snowblind
The Sims 2

XBOX360
Quake 4
Table Tennis
Kameo
Superman Returns
Prey
Bomberman: Act Zero

PS2
The Sims 2

There were a lot more, but this is what I remember seeing off the top of my head. I picked up Baten Kaitos, Superman, and Metroid for less than $10.

YMMV

i still have yet to go, but you guys are killing me with requests still...I can only get maybe 10 games tops for you guys...sorry if i have to pick and choose right now...i'll get in touch with some of you when i get back

You know guys, how old are we? You know, I tried being nice, setting you all up with deals...that's right, I replied to some of you saying I wouldn't even really charge you for anything. One guy said $30 for 3 games and I told him maybe $20 or less for $9 worth of games. Unlike some of you, I won't screw you on a deal. But if some of you keep it up, forget it. I may be new to this CAG stuff, but doing something nice like this can go a long way. Don't ruin this for everyone by being immature about this. I will help who came first and to the people saying "don't buy for this person", I've ruled you out in helping. Like I said, if you get an email from me later today, I hope to hear back from you to work something out.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']You know guys, how old are we? You know, I tried being nice, setting you all up with deals...that's right, I replied to some of you saying I wouldn't even really charge you for anything. One guy said $30 for 3 games and I told him maybe $20 or less for $9 worth of games. Unlike some of you, I won't screw you on a deal. But if some of you keep it up, forget it. I may be new to this CAG stuff, but doing something nice like this can go a long way. Don't ruin this for everyone by being immature about this. I will help who came first and to the people saying "don't buy for this person", I've ruled you out in helping. Like I said, if you get an email from me later today, I hope to hear back from you to work something out.[/QUOTE]

breaking dont take what i said as a personal attack against you. its just the other #$#$#$# here who think they are better then the rest. If you help others on this site im happy for those who helped. personally i got way too many sealed game now BUT i though Hell it never hurts to ask : )

in closing though keep in mind who you helpped and see how many of those people stab you in the back in the coming months when you want them to repay the favor

Thanks again for helping people out on this site and hopefully you will stay here a long time. Just remember never take anything anyone say personally. just like it flow off your back and just keep having fun playing those games : )

I admit this site is rather elitist when it comes to trading. OP learned the hard way. Heck, I'm even getting PMs about this... but unlike OP gas to that walmart will run me >$50 not counting bridge tolls... I've learned when I offered stuff here before that you just get criticized for asking for more than a few pennies for your time trouble, gas, taxes and other costs.

Correction... if you are TRADING this site works great. Asking paypal, people want to pay what you paid, and few weven wnat to comp you for the $.50 or $1 bubble mailer and $2.50 First class shipping, much less gas, time, and taxes.

Heck, for $3 game plus taxes (its 7% in Jersey, not certain of what PA is) plus shipping costs of MINIMUM $3.25 or so... That's already about $7. Not to mention time and gas for the OP (or anyone else offering a game) to run an errand for you.

OP, ocnsider using Priority mail.. Free delivery confirmation through paypal and free envelopes, but just under $5 shipping anywhere, incl for multiple games. Or better yet, post a want list of games you want and see who will trade with you - those, in my experience, go better and everyone ends up happier.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']I admit this site is rather elitist when it comes to trading. OP learned the hard way. Heck, I'm even getting PMs about this... but unlike OP gas to that walmart will run me >$50 not counting bridge tolls... I've learned when I offered stuff here before that you just get criticized for asking for more than a few pennies for your time trouble, gas, taxes and other costs.

Correction... if you are TRADING this site works great. Asking paypal, people want to pay what you paid, and few weven wnat to comp you for the $.50 or $1 bubble mailer and $2.50 First class shipping, much less gas, time, and taxes.

Heck, for $3 game plus taxes (its 7% in Jersey, not certain of what PA is) plus shipping costs of MINIMUM $3.25 or so... That's already about $7. Not to mention time and gas for the OP (or anyone else offering a game) to run an errand for you.

OP, ocnsider using Priority mail.. Free delivery confirmation through paypal and free envelopes, but just under $5 shipping anywhere, incl for multiple games. Or better yet, post a want list of games you want and see who will trade with you - those, in my experience, go better and everyone ends up happier.[/QUOTE]

can you use normal printer paper for those paypal labels or it is certain paper. Seems the ones im getting it like sticky on the back?

ALSO

does printing out the things yourself really save money (since your using the ink in your printer) how much are you really saving

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']FW trick.... use this url:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Yes you can use plain paper. You can ship first class (and media mail, but not video games), but you must buy delivery confirmation for $.18 (which is a good idea and deal anyway). If you ship Priority Mail the DC is free.

You can ship this way even if the order was NOT paid through paypal...[/QUOTE]

thanks

Oh, and ad to my little rant... PAYPAL FEES!

Remember, though, google checkout is waiving all fees through 12/31/07.

Maybe someone should put all this info in the trading thread...maybe even as a sticky.

Shipping via paypal saves you almost $.40 on delivery confirmation, and it saves a trip to the post office. IMO its worth it.

[quote name='vicious7171']No luck at the wal-mart in coon rapids, MN.

*edit* I've never seen a single YMMV game deal at this wal-mart lol[/QUOTE]

I've rarely seen any YMMV deals at any of the Wallyworlds I frequent here in MN.... and yes that includes Coon Rapids.

[quote name='Will']Dear OP, If you fill a request for Slidecage, but sure to overcharge him like he does the rest of CAG on the deals he gets in on.[/quote]

You mean to tell me that Slidecage isn't banned yet? Amazing.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']You know guys, how old are we? You know, I tried being nice, setting you all up with deals...that's right, I replied to some of you saying I wouldn't even really charge you for anything. One guy said $30 for 3 games and I told him maybe $20 or less for $9 worth of games. Unlike some of you, I won't screw you on a deal. But if some of you keep it up, forget it. I may be new to this CAG stuff, but doing something nice like this can go a long way. Don't ruin this for everyone by being immature about this. I will help who came first and to the people saying "don't buy for this person", I've ruled you out in helping. Like I said, if you get an email from me later today, I hope to hear back from you to work something out.[/quote]

i'm confused...who is this referring to?

oh and doing something nice can go a long way but if you do it for the lurkers who dont contribute to this site then it means nothing ...

[quote name='breakingcustoms']You know guys, how old are we? You know, I tried being nice, setting you all up with deals...that's right, I replied to some of you saying I wouldn't even really charge you for anything. One guy said $30 for 3 games and I told him maybe $20 or less for $9 worth of games. Unlike some of you, I won't screw you on a deal. But if some of you keep it up, forget it. I may be new to this CAG stuff, but doing something nice like this can go a long way. Don't ruin this for everyone by being immature about this. I will help who came first and to the people saying "don't buy for this person", I've ruled you out in helping. Like I said, if you get an email from me later today, I hope to hear back from you to work something out.[/quote]

As one of the (I'm sure) many who sent you a PM, I'd like to thank you for taking the time at all to deal with the clamoring masses and for your generosity in offering to help people out to begin with.

It's a vicious and cuthroat lot...wretched hives, scum, villany, etc.

Board drama aside, I just figure you should know your effort is appreciated.

You know, I can't count all the times I've had people specifically PM me asking prices on games or guides that I have on my TL, when I have prices already marked for most of them.

I used to get frequent PMs for my guides I have, asking if I'd do them for $3 a guide SHIPPED. But, ya know, mailers aren't free and after even using Media Mail shipping, I'd be coming out IN THE RED @ $3 per guide. Some people are just plain unreasonable on this site, from my own personal experience.

This is why I don't really bend over backwards to help out anymore, since I've had so many people want me to sell/trade for a low price, but when they have something I want, it's 'teh rarez' and 'worth MORE than that'. So, around here, a good deed often ends up being only take-take-take with no payback in kind.

Hell, I don't even respond to people who PM me anymore asking a price on a guide or game, not even to say 'fuck you'. If you can't READ the pricing I've put on my TL, then don't bother PMing me.

And, I won't EVEN get into the time when I first got RPG guides and how my list got cherry picked clean of stuff that was worth anything to anyone.

I'm just curious, in an off-topic way... who's more selfish - the guy who buys up everything at his local store, or the guy who wants him to sell said items at a loss?

My local CC STILL has a ton of clearance Xbox 360 stuff that was long gone at other CAGs' locations. I could buy them up now, and if I said anything here someone would flame me as a hoarder. But then I would get PMs from people asking me to send a $17 game to them for $20 shipped... regardless of taxes, fees, gas, mailer, and postage costs. or worse... $17 shipped!

If I said no and countered with a more reasonable amount that helps compensate me for the extra trip and time... they would campaign to have me banned for "ripping off" fellow CAGs.

Face it: a lot of these deals are only deals in the first person - that is, if YOU find the game.

Trading usually works great because if your store has a game another wants, and they have one you want, you can do a fair trade. There are some CAGs here I've traded with where I found a game they couldn;t find for $5... and they traded me a game they paid $15 for, because that one was readily available to them and they could not get the game I found elsewhere for $15.

Some people here insist on trading games that each paid the same for (generally a good idea but not always a good one)... but face it we all "value" our games differently. Face it, would you trade a new, sealed Advance Wars DS ($9 at Kmart) for Bomberman 360, Table Tennis 360, and Gunpey DS from this deal? Advance Wars is a lot harder to find adn worth a lot more than all three of those, but some insist that is the only fair deal to offer.....

Heck, I once found 2x FFVII's for $15 each at a Kamrt... Sealed. You really think I'd entertain trading them for cheaper, more readily available games that some other CAG paid $30 for...say 10 games from this deal? Or that I'd sell them to a fellow CAG for $30, $40, or $50 "just ot be a good guy"? Heck no - though I love CAG and have hooked up some of my fellows, In that particular case I got about $250-$300 for those FFVIIs elsewhere.

Selflessness is a double edged sword here on CAG. It seems fewer and fewer people realize it, though.

and now, back to the deal.....

just read through the forum and as much as id like to be apart of this deal, i know i probably won't be (kameo for $3 is a steal!)

but custom, if you're going out of your way to help people why not charge a little extra to cover your troubles (gas, tax, etc) as im sure many other cags would gladly pay around $10 per game (or less if more are involved) so this way you can gain immediate feedback and get your money back at the same time

I've yet to sell anything here on cag or anywhere for that matter but I'm sure if I did it I wouldn't want to net zero...

Hey guys, a walmart update...all 360/DS games are gone. It looks like someone got smart and cleared the entire bin of any decent game. I did, however, find The Warriors and Project Snowblind for the XBOX at $3 each. If I come across any other deals, I'll be sure to let you all know. I do apologize to the few I promised games to. Next time, I'll buy ahead.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']Hey guys, a walmart update...all 360/DS games are gone. It looks like someone got smart and cleared the entire bin of any decent game. I did, however, find The Warriors and Project Snowblind for the XBOX at $3 each. If I come across any other deals, I'll be sure to let you all know. I do apologize to the few I promised games to. Next time, I'll buy ahead.[/QUOTE]

might been price mistakes. this is why Buy them when you see them. Like i said before they had home phones for 2 bucks on a friday night and then 25 bucks on a saturday night (same phone)

Someone might of tossed the wrong games into the bins and put the wrong codes into the computers.

Sims 2 for ps2 is still a great grab at 3 bucks

I recommend The Warriors to any fighting fans out there

sweetest thing is the arcade bonus

and isn't it possible walmart picked up the games they were losing on?

I was ready to curse the OP too. After Driving an hour and a half, I was skeptical getting out of the car!!

NOW I BELIEVE!!

4 - 360 games: Kameo (2), NBA 2k6, Lego Star Wars.

4 - Xbox games: Incredibles(reduced at register), gun griffon, fatal frame 2, and Tak & the great juju challenge.

grand total =->28 dollars!!! I almost soiled myself!

As I was walking away there in the distance was a 120GB Hard Drive marked as 99.97................

CLEAN UP IN AISLE 3 !!!!!!!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']Hey guys, a walmart update...all 360/DS games are gone. It looks like someone got smart and cleared the entire bin of any decent game. I did, however, find The Warriors and Project Snowblind for the XBOX at $3 each. If I come across any other deals, I'll be sure to let you all know. I do apologize to the few I promised games to. Next time, I'll buy ahead.[/quote]

That's rough, but thanks for checking.

For the record, I think Project: Snowblind was fun as hell. It's still not backwards compatible, but if you've got a box, give it a shot. I'm still holding on to my copy and holding out hope it will be BC someday (hey, they gave me Breakdown and Unreal Championship 2...).

It's a steal at $3, and easily a good $20+ worth of fun.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']Hey guys, a walmart update...all 360/DS games are gone. It looks like someone got smart and cleared the entire bin of any decent game. I did, however, find The Warriors and Project Snowblind for the XBOX at $3 each. If I come across any other deals, I'll be sure to let you all know. I do apologize to the few I promised games to. Next time, I'll buy ahead.[/quote]

Finally, an on-topic post...and it makes a lot of the rest of the banter pretty moot.

That's what I was afraid might happen if I drove all the way out there. :(

BTW, you don't have to apologize, OP. You were offering a FAVOR.

Anyone that wants to pay EXACTLY what the person getting the deal pays is insane. As stated before with pay pal fee's and shipping costs plus gas, its amazing people here actually expect some to take a loss and act as if theyre doing them the favor of wanting to buy from them.

The op will indeed learn who to help and who not to help. As most people he'll get burned on the "return the favor" part but who hasnt that happened to? What you posted today and tried doing for some here will go a LONG way in your stay here. Kudos to you.

Hmnnn I wonder who would do such a thing?:cool:

Anyway, anybody willing to trade for Kameo from the WalMart $3 clearance. I'm looking for a sealed Outfit, table tennis, Arcade unplugged, or Gun.

I have Rumble Roses too, but no one seems interested in that...:cry:

I drove about 45 minutes to get there and was semi disheartened. They still had 360 games (albeit only sports titles). I asked the guy to scan Quake 4, Superman and Bomberman for 360 and they all came up as regular prices. I figured since I made the haul, I may as well pick up the sports games and try to trade or sell them on Ebay or something. I managed to snag NBA Live 06, Madden 06, College Hoops 2K6, and FIFA. If anyone is looked for older sports titles, they still had plenty when I went. Thanks for the heads up breaking..

[quote name='slippy101']I drove about 45 minutes to get there and was semi disheartened. They still had 360 games (albeit only sports titles). I asked the guy to scan Quake 4, Superman and Bomberman for 360 and they all came up as regular prices. I figured since I made the haul, I may as well pick up the sports games and try to trade or sell them on Ebay or something. I managed to snag NBA Live 06, Madden 06, College Hoops 2K6, and FIFA. If anyone is looked for older sports titles, they still had plenty when I went. Thanks for the heads up breaking..[/QUOTE]

even junk sports games would been worth buying at 3 each in my op.

hey guys, I live in Lancaster PA ( 31 miles from Kennett Square) but I will try and head to my walmart today and see if I can find any of these deals

I'll let yiou know if I find anything

EDIT: Where were these bins located in Kennett Square? Because I know my walmart puts the DVD clearnece bins like all over the store haaha

i dont know about you guys but my walmarts will match other walmarts prices but you need proof. i think that with things like this and probably with most deals a scan of the recipt would go a long way because if you are nice to people even with a photocopy of a receipt there is probably something they can do for you and before i get 1000 posts saying i dont have a scanner thats fine take a picture because i know most of us have a camera in some way whether it be on your phone or a digital one or whatever or every town has a library go there and scan it or if you really want send it to me and ill scan it.

[quote name='Animal7390']i dont know about you guys but my walmarts will match other walmarts prices but you need proof. i think that with things like this and probably with most deals a scan of the recipt would go a long way because if you are nice to people even with a photocopy of a receipt there is probably something they can do for you and before i get 1000 posts saying i dont have a scanner thats fine take a picture because i know most of us have a camera in some way whether it be on your phone or a digital one or whatever or every town has a library go there and scan it or if you really want send it to me and ill scan it.[/QUOTE]

Is this all Walmarts? because I asked mine in particular about Advent Rising being $3 elsewhere and they said that they dont compare prices to other walmarts. Im willing to put up a fight though.

Wal-Mart has the DS Rumble pack clearenced for $3 in most stores. Picked one up yesterday. Works with DS Lite, but sticks out.

if you guys need proof, I'll get to it when I get home...i have both receipts but they say "videogame" under what it is...and right next to it "$3.00"...when it comes to finding the bin, it was in the same place as the electronics

My one local Wallyworld has a buttload of clearance stuff, but no games for $3. Believe me, I checked the first time I saw their clearance section(s).

There's actually ALOT of clearance items if you look hard enough in the stores, even in toys where you could possibly find a couple Transformers or something nice.

You just have to look on the shelfs for RED tags, as anything red tagged is clearance. Case in point, in their home furnishings dept in that local store of mine, they had a decent sized Spiderman 3 wall hanging which was kinda 3D-ish for $5.

They also had buttloads of electronics on clearance, including dvd players and all sorts of stuff.

If you are close and wanna check them out, it was the Pittston, PA WalMart. It's right down the road from the I-81 and Turnpike exits and just went 24 hours about 6 months ago or so.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']if you guys need proof, I'll get to it when I get home...i have both receipts but they say "videogame" under what it is...and right next to it "$3.00"...when it comes to finding the bin, it was in the same place as the electronics[/quote]

More than likely, it's a generic "Videogame Clearance" SKU...does it list numbers next to the item on the receipt? Are they all different, or the same?

If it's just a general clearance SKU, than most Wal-Marts probably wouldn't accept it, as that could be anything and not the specific games you bought (or are trying to convince them are that cheap).

I was up in the Berlin area of NJ today and in the Walmart of Route 73 -- they had a bin in the electronics department, with games for nearly every system. Prices really varied though -- from $3.00 - $19.82. All 360 games they had (Prey, Quake 4, etc) were $19.82. Not the best deal, but there were tons of games and I didn't have time to get through many of them.

bread's done
Back