Walmart clearance?

Ultimatallica0

CAGiversary!
Haven't seen this here yet, don't know if it's YMMV, but my Walmart had a few games on clearance. They were all PS2 games, I got Jak 3, but it seems at one point they also had Jak 2, Max Payne, Syphon Filter, two sports games and a few others for $10.

Nothing really to get excited about but you might just want to keep it in the back of your head if you need to go out for something or whatever.

My Walmart in Howell, MI had PS2 R/F adaptors on clearance for $1. There were 3 left as of Friday.

They're in the clearance isle closer to the front of the store and to the right where all the clearance crap is.

My Walmart doesn't clearance anything =( They are still trying to sell Madden 2002 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for N64 for $50. I'm guessing they are gonna be on the shelf for a while.

If they're that stupid on Madden 2002 and THPS 3 go find yourself some sealed ones for $10-20 and return them for $50.

I'm not one to abuse Wal Mart in this fashion but.... hey, they're asking for it.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']If they're that stupid on Madden 2002 and THPS 3 go find yourself some sealed ones for $10-20 and return them for $50.

I'm not one to abuse Wal Mart in this fashion but.... hey, they're asking for it.[/QUOTE]

Well, considering that they probably haven't sold one in 2 years, I think taking one back, a simple computer scan would show that something is not right.

Either way, yeah, my Wal-Marts are ALL the same, "old stock? Meh, someone will eventually buy it" is their motto.

Just got back from my walmart. They had the "value bin" for "hits" games but no clearance. Wish the OP gave some more detail, like it had to be rung up or something. Ill look again in a few days.

The few times Ive ever gone in a walmart Ive never found anything remotely decent. That plus the scary hordes of people make me never want to set foot in one again. :(

But, it is cool that you got a deal of some kind.

Some games were on "clearance" at the Cary NC Wal-mart location:

All for $14.88

Ikaruga (1 copy left)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2, GCN)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2)
Baten Kaitos (GCN)

That's all I remember, but there was a 4.5' high display with games on 3 sides.

mine clearances out everything regularly.. they have some PSone with LCD screen combos left.. waiting for them to hit 50.. (already got one when they hit 70 as i couldn't resist) but just to have another one sealed for old times sake. they never clearance software.. but was able to get a Tekken 2 arcade stick from them for 2 bucks one time.

They are supposed to price match based on your word. That's what one employee told me when I was trying to get Donkey Konga for $17.88. He said that that was too big of a difference to go solely on my word tho.

Walmart deals are very nice sometimes. But the problem with posting deals from there is that each store has different clearance items. Also, there are no "sales," only what they call "Everyday Low Prices." This translates to good deals when the games first come out, but the games rarely, if ever, go down in price, until they are put on clearance. IF they are put on clearance.

As a former Walmart employee (I'm not proud of it), I know that clearances are entirely up to the whim of the department manager. If they need to make room for something else, or if the game hasn't sold well for a long time, or it is damaged somehow, it is put on clearance. I suggest you make friends with your local Walmart's electronics department manager and ask them to put a game you want on clearance. Because they can do so, without anyone else's approval, and they get to decide the new price.

[quote name='Catfish']Walmart deals are very nice sometimes. But the problem with posting deals from there is that each store has different clearance items. Also, there are no "sales," only what they call "Everyday Low Prices." This translates to good deals when the games first come out, but the games rarely, if ever, go down in price, until they are put on clearance. IF they are put on clearance.

As a former Walmart employee (I'm not proud of it), I know that clearances are entirely up to the whim of the department manager. If they need to make room for something else, or if the game hasn't sold well for a long time, or it is damaged somehow, it is put on clearance. I suggest you make friends with your local Walmart's electronics department manager and ask them to put a game you want on clearance. Because they can do so, without anyone else's approval, and they get to decide the new price.[/QUOTE]

my buddies work as night stockers not quite department heads.. but i did see a PSP for 200 bucks and all that was wrong with it was it was opened.. i almost bit that day.. but i'm still waiting for 200 price drop and then i'll see about a PSP. (or at least some cheap games.)

bread's done
Back