Walmart.com Starts Selling Used Games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9220[/IMG-R]Walmart.com is the latest online retailer to jump into the used games business. Used games debuted on their website today, appearing to be available online only.

The link below will show you the 29 used games currently available on Walmart.com. Although the selection is incredibly weak right now, I'm going to make a safe bet and say that the selection is going to grow larger pretty soon. Hopefully, the prices will become more competitive as well.

UPDATE: All used games have been pulled from the site.

UPDATE #2: Pre-owned landing page added with 221 games for sale.

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Used Game Selection at Walmart.com

Last edited by a moderator:
These additional used-game outlets will merely push publishers to distribute digitally. Only a matter of time before there's no such thing as a used game.

[quote name='Kylearan']These additional used-game outlets will merely push publishers to distribute digitally. Only a matter of time before there's no such thing as a used game.[/QUOTE]
As long as the drop the price for not putting the actual disk in consumers hands.

Prices or not, we've all seen the potential condition of used games sold via GS.

Don't think for a second that I'd buy a game that was previously in the hands of a fucking Wal-Martian.

[quote name='Kylearan']These additional used-game outlets will merely push publishers to distribute digitally. Only a matter of time before there's no such thing as a used game.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about other consoles but on the wii you can trade DLC, even Goozex supports it.

wal-martian lol - yeah I would be wary of that to, walmart might have really stringent used game acceptance practices put in place by corporate no way to tell yet.

if used games continue, then there will inevitably be another gaming depression.

I, for one, do not like digital copies of games. I feel having a hard copy of the game eliminates all server worries.

Downloaded games require some sort of authentication in order to work. What happens if the company goes bankrupt?

Good luck playing the game then.

[quote name='SoulProphet']if used games continue, then there will inevitably be another gaming depression.

I, for one, do not like digital copies of games. I feel having a hard copy of the game eliminates all server worries.

Downloaded games require some sort of authentication in order to work. What happens if the company goes bankrupt?

Good luck playing the game then.[/QUOTE]

Theyd probably get rid of the authentication then.

Games are back up just bought pre owned enhanted arms ps3 for
$16.96. I browsed through and it looks like they lowered a number of prices. Alot of prices are still high but theres a few deals if you wade through.

So, my Space Invaders DS game came in yesterday (picked it up tonight). Great condition, the manual, health and safety warning, WFC manual and registration postcard were all in the package. On the down side, there was a big, giant sticky UPC attached to the paper insert/cover. :( It peel'd off pretty easy though.

I haven't found any decent prices yet except possibly SFIV for $30. They are advertised as 15% to 30% off. Free site-to-store shipping is available for some.

Every pre-owned video game is polished, tested and inspected prior to shipping to ensure that it performs properly. All games will be delivered with original product packaging, shrink-wrapped and with a sticker designating them as pre-owned.

Same Return Policy as for New Games
If you were shipped a video game that is not working properly, you may return the defective game within 21 days of receipt.
All pre-owned video games purchased from Walmart.com must be returned unopened either to a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving it.
For additional information, please view our full Return Policy.

Link

Just checked a few random titles... They look to be slightly cheaper than GS, but not cheaper than GS + Edge, especially once you include shipping.

$30 isn't very great for Street Fighter IV, especially when Super Street Fighter IV was just announced.

Site to store you get free shipping, but for now these prices are horrible. Regular retail Wal Mart in store game prices are awful as well, so I wouldn't expect much from them in the used department.

Wheelman was discontinued. Few people liked it and the game's production was stopped long ago; not what I would call a solid deal for $18.

bread's done
Back