Walmart E-gift card question

jdktech2010

CAGiversary!
They have a 20 dollar e-gift card offer for Madden 12 and Gears of War 3. I've got two questions about this since I've always shopped at Amazon.

1) If I order online and pick the game up in store, can I still get the card? Or if I just preorder the game in store, does the gift card offer still apply without purchasing online?

2) How often do they put gift card offers on games? I was looking at that Best Buy, 5 games for $100 credit (after the games are picked up) but it's getting fishy and I've never particularly trusted Best Buy. But if they don't put it on the bigger games like Arkham City, MW3, Skyrim, AC3 or the other high profile releases, I'll have to think about that Best Buy deal again.

Anyone shop at walmart for video games?

Don't quote me on this, but...... if you order online and pickup in store you should still get an e-giftcard. If you buy in store, Gears of War should come with a $20 gift card, most AAAAAAAAAAA titles do. Excuse the excesive A's I don't know the proper amount of A's for GoW, but I know it is a lot. Madden may come with a giftcard in store for 5,10,15,or $20 but can't promise anything. I also believe the egiftcards are only useable online, so instore is a better deal if they do the same offer.

Sincerely a former walmart electronics associate

As long as you order from the link online that states that you'll get the gift card, you should get it. If you pre-order the game in store, you might not get the gift card. Sometimes they do I believe but not always.

Wal-mart usually puts it on very high profile releases I believe but not many.

What you can also do is buy a regular gift card with that e gift card from online and you'll receive it in a week or so to use at your local store. I just did that with the $100 gift card offer that came with the xbox 4g w/ kinect.

bread's done
Back