Walmart - Halo reach legendary edition 49.96

I sold my code to a dude from the UK, too... I was a little worried about fraud, since there has been a rash of that with codes... I recorded me opening the codes and sending them to him via ebay email system and then me putting the cards in my lockbox. I figure it's good insurance - especially now, seeing as he hasn't left positive feedback yet (I'm expecting him to claim fraud - but I'll nail his as to a wall if he tries)...

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']for people who sold codes, was it auction or buy it now?[/QUOTE]

I did a 7 day auction. Looks like it goes for $45 or so no matter which way you choose. If you want the funds quick, do a BIN. Just be careful. There's a shit ton of fraud going on with these codes. More than a few CAGgers have been screwed by it...

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I did a 7 day auction. Looks like it goes for $45 or so no matter which way you choose. If you want the funds quick, do a BIN. Just be careful. There's a shit ton of fraud going on with these codes. More than a few CAGgers have been screwed by it...[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by fraud? like people saying the code was invalid?

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']what do you mean by fraud? like people saying the code was invalid?[/QUOTE]

Yeah most likely. Your avatar reminds me of the time I sold the AC CE download codes that I obtained from the BB.com deal. I had a joker (pun intended) telling me that he thought it was for batman skins (literal ones) and that he should get a refund. I promptly told him in the most polite way possible to go fuck himself. Hasn't left feedback yet, but there have been no disputes so far. Waiting to see how it goes. He had the balls to tell me he didn't know that dlc meant downloadable content. This is a guy who sold 50+ refurbished xbox (his feedback was full of transactions dealing with xbox parts).

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']what do you mean by fraud? like people saying the code was invalid?[/QUOTE]

Yes - and you don't have a hell of a lot of recourse with ebay these days. I'm hoping my video comes in handy if it comes to that.

Yep. People can attempt to contact xbox-live support to determine whether or not the code was valid, and if it had been used, but they don't like users buying/trading/selling codes between each other. Even having all that means nothing to eBay though. And of course eBay doesn't smile upon code selling since it's a non-physical good. Unless you don't mind shipping the code to the eBay buyer, eBay is unlikely to side with you in most cases.

It's a risk, but you can practically end up with the code paying for the entire legendary edition if you're up for taking it.

[quote name='sylveranking']Yeah most likely. Your avatar reminds me of the time I sold the AC CE download codes that I obtained from the BB.com deal. I had a joker (pun intended) telling me that he thought it was for batman skins (literal ones) and that he should get a refund. I promptly told him in the most polite way possible to go fuck himself. Hasn't left feedback yet, but there have been no disputes so far. Waiting to see how it goes. He had the balls to tell me he didn't know that dlc meant. This is a guy who sold 50+ refurbished xbox (his feedback was full of transactions dealing with xbox parts).[/QUOTE]

lol, it's horrible how people go to levels like that.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I sold my code to a dude from the UK, too... I was a little worried about fraud, since there has been a rash of that with codes... I recorded me opening the codes and sending them to him via ebay email system and then me putting the cards in my lockbox. I figure it's good insurance - especially now, seeing as he hasn't left positive feedback yet (I'm expecting him to claim fraud - but I'll nail his as to a wall if he tries)...[/QUOTE]

You can enter the code in your Xbox to verify if it is valid. Just be sure NOT to "Redeem Now" and just CANCEL. I don't get the point of recording you opening the codes and sending them if they somehow came up as invalid and you didn't first verify it at your end.

If you try the code now and it comes up invalid there is always the question of whether he already redeemed it or was it invalid when you sent them out.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']You can enter the code in your Xbox to verify if it is valid. Just be sure NOT to "Redeem Now" and just CANCEL. I don't get the point of recording you opening the codes and sending them if they somehow came up as invalid and you didn't first verify it at your end.
[/QUOTE]

I filmed myself pulling the tabs and typing them in to the email. I then made sure you could see both codes on the video.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']You can enter the code in your Xbox to verify if it is valid. Just be sure NOT to "Redeem Now" and just CANCEL. I don't get the point of recording you opening the codes and sending them if they somehow came up as invalid and you didn't first verify it at your end.

If you try the code now and it comes up invalid there is always the question of whether he already redeemed it or was it invalid when you sent them out.[/QUOTE]

i dont see how thats going to help. yes you can check to see if the code is valid before you send it, but thats not the point. the buyer could redeem the code and say it was invalid, and you still have to fight ebay for your money. the video would help by showing ebay proof you sent an unused code

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I sold my code to a dude from the UK, too... I was a little worried about fraud, since there has been a rash of that with codes... I recorded me opening the codes and sending them to him via ebay email system and then me putting the cards in my lockbox. I figure it's good insurance - especially now, seeing as he hasn't left positive feedback yet (I'm expecting him to claim fraud - but I'll nail his as to a wall if he tries)...[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be a dink but neither eBay nor PayPal will care at all. If you can't show proof of delivery the buyer will win an INR (Item not received) case. They will win a SNAD (Significantly NOT as Described) case no matter what. eBay and PayPal almost always side with the buyer unless they are a total dumbass and can't come up with a decent lie

well if you yourself dont care about the code, and really like the statue, I say get the game. The money you may get for the code is just an added bonus.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']well if you yourself dont care about the code, and really like the statue, I say get the game. The money you may get for the code is just an added bonus.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably still pick it up either way. My normal LE from BB got cancelled so this is nice.

I sold the code and game for 45 via craigslist. So its possible to still make a profit easily. I live in a fairly small college town also. Anyone in a moderately large city should have no problem selling code for a fair amount.

Wow, I'm glad I physically shipped the codes, but I hope the buyer doesn't try to claim the codes were already used. I've sent a code through ebay before, with no problems, but it was for a flight combat game. FPS games, especially on consoles, seem to attract all the scum.

But, yeah, I'd say this is worth it. The statue is absolutely beautiful.

I bought 2 Legendary Editions last week. Both arrived in mint condition and took about 4-5 days to arrive.

I sold both games for $20 each and I sold the codes for $40 each on Ebay. Selling these items paid for everything.

I then kept the statues and journals. I kept a set and gave a set to my cousin....which turned out to be free in the end.

Thanks OP.

Hey guys,

Quick question. Where in the box is the Legendary flaming helmet DLC found? Is it inside the sealed game?

I ordered one from Walmart that came mint condition and I previously had one from a Target clearance that was a little beat up so I decided to open that one up to part it out. I looked everywhere inside the box and can't find the codes so I'm hoping it is inside the game.

Can someone confirm?

thanks

Well, the game itself shouldn't be technically 'sealed'. All of the copies in the Limited and Legendary Editions I've seen come in the black case and were not sealed (assuming because they had to put the code cards in there). Has anyone ever seen any differently?

The games in the legendary and limited edition are NOT sealed.

The codes are in the case by the instruction manual.

bread's done
Back