[Walmart] Just Cause 2 - $39.93 - March 23rd

charleytony

CAGiversary!
In this weeks flyer (March 17th - 23rd), they show Just Cause at a limited time price of $39.93

I'm didn't think that this game was a budget title so I assumed that Walmart is doing the same thin they did with Batman AA last summer.
Hopefully FS, BB and other major retailers will match that price.

BTW does anybody here remember how long Walmart kept Batman AA at under $40 when it launched ?

Son of a bitch! I want this... but I really didn't plan on going to Walmart for it. Plus, I have no credit at Walmart :( Sweet deal though, nonetheless.

Nice, I was interested in this game but I wouldn't pay full price. Hopefully Best Buy and Futureshop match it so I won't have to go out early on Tuesday...

Hahaha I guess I know where I'm getting my copy, I was gonna pass on this game until it reached its eventual $10 mark like JC1 is going for but eh, worth a shot.

[quote name='lustyhitter']If the reviews are good, I'll bite. If not, I already have too much of a backlog.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.

[quote name='Talus']My sentiments exactly.[/QUOTE]

Of course, that won't stop the little kids at "the other site". I can tell they are kids from their grammar.

Actually, the game has some decent reviews so far. I guess for $40, you can't complain and some people might be tapped out considering all the big name games that have been released the last several weeks.

Nooooo! The demo was neat but I wasn't going to buy it. $40 forces me to reconsider. I thought I'd be willing to pay $20-30 for it down the line, $40 is close to that!

this thing just proves that it isn't always a good idea to pre-order. I mean, once they have a lot of pre-orders, why would they ever give you a discount ?

Same goes for buying a ame at launch if you aren't gonna be playing it because you have older games you want to finish. Games get so aggressively price dropped that you might as well wait unless you gaming queue is completely empty.

Walmart is really fucking with GameStop... GS has their own unique SKU for this I think, because it says the bonus item is packaged with the game (just like Borderlands and Batman).

[quote name='TripleQ']Walmart is really fucking with GameStop... GS has their own unique SKU for this I think, because it says the bonus item is packaged with the game (just like Borderlands and Batman).[/QUOTE]
Borderlands had a bonus item? What was it? The Batman was early access to the armor suit right? Oh wait, it was the scarecrow challenge room.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Borderlands had a bonus item? What was it? The Batman was early access to the armor suit right? Oh wait, it was the scarecrow challenge room.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands from GS had extra guns (as if you needed more??). Batman from GS had the scarecrow challenge room, Batman from Walmart had the early access armor.

They all had unique UPCs and the bonus cards were sealed in the case.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Nooooo! The demo was neat but I wasn't going to buy it. $40 forces me to reconsider. I thought I'd be willing to pay $20-30 for it down the line, $40 is close to that![/QUOTE]

or just wait like originally planned since it's singleplayer

[quote name='Achmat']I see its developed by Square Enix (or maybe just published)[/QUOTE]

co?published, since square enix bought eidos (developer is avalanche)

Yeah, that's what got me interested in Batman and Borderlands. Price tag got my interest and then I looked into the games further. I don't think I'm gonna fall for it this time though, I can wait to play Just Cause and GTA4 episodes will be out a week later.

[quote name='TripleQ']Borderlands from GS had extra guns (as if you needed more??). Batman from GS had the scarecrow challenge room, Batman from Walmart had the early access armor.

They all had unique UPCs and the bonus cards were sealed in the case.[/QUOTE]

yeah but batman was 40$ across the board after the discovery of wal-mart discounting it. i loved the scarecrow challenge room.

[quote name='lustyhitter']....I already have too much of a backlog.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Hell, I 'm still trying to finish some games from 07. Damn Mass Effect 2 for being so long and so awesome!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I can see a lot of people buying this just 'cause it's a new release at $40.[/QUOTE]

Har har.

And according to that Walmart blog (which seems pretty straight up) they lost a lot of money selling Batman at $40. Or I guess more accurately they spent a lot of marketing budget on it.

I like the demo but was going to hold out until it hit around $30ish used, but $40 new on day 1? I can't turn that up, at worst it'll be a game for a trade 2 deal if I really don't like it.

Does anyone have any idea whether Amazon will price match this?

I got it pre-ordered there cause I want that $15 gaming credit...but is it worth it now?:whistle2:k

[quote name='TripleQ']Please edit the title to say [Canada]![/QUOTE]
Well, this is the Canadian board so...

[quote name='bi-gE']WormFoodx, just take off to the great white north! Probably not worth the drive, though.[/QUOTE]
Have him bring up some Cherry Coke, please. :whistle2:k

I got Dragon Age Origin's and Borderlands when Walmart had it for $39.99, but Batman was just too big to find a copy of, so I missed out. But I guess I will be going to Walmart.

I usually go at 8am, I went last tuesday. I think they hate when there is a big release games or sales on. Because at this Walmart, they usually start unpacking the games at 8am.

However, the woman seemed releaved when I asked for the Dragon Age expansion rather than God of War III.

I wonder if Best Buy will price match. I only ask because I have a $25 gift card... I played the demo and thought it would be a good 20$ game.

contemplating if i'm going to bite or not.. mmmm.. could always trade it in to EBgames for a PT if i didn't like it. hope the TIV doesnt start bad like bat man when it first came out

Yup, I can second this. I saw both versions at $39.93 when picking up LittleBigPlanet GOTY. The PS3 version scanned in at $39.93, so I guess it is the regular price.

I was in Wal-mart yesterday and I asked how long this deal would be going for. The guy said that it was the publisher who set the price, but that they could pull it at anytime. So if you haven't yet gotten it, but want it, I'd suggest not delaying your purchase...

[quote name='PapaLau']I wonder if Best Buy will price match. I only ask because I have a $25 gift card... I played the demo and thought it would be a good 20$ game.[/QUOTE]

I did it at FS so there should be no problem. The online website for Walmart also shows the price for it so you can get them to check that.

bread's done
Back