Walmart: Lost Odyssey & Scene It LCA for 39.94 (YMMV?)

RaidenMGS3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I just got back from my local Walmart and they had both Xbox 360 games mentioned in the title for the cheaper than usual price. It wasn't a sale or anything, just regular price tags.

I don't know if this is just the South Dakota Walmarts or what, but hey, two killer games for killer prices.

Yeah I don't think this is YMMV, just a matter of the dept manager doing price changes. I did them yesterday.

You lowered those same prices yesterday? Id grab scene it for 40 bucks since my wife has been wanting it forever. What walmart you work at? I live near new britain.

Please tell me this is a universal price drop... I've been waiting for a deal on Lost Odyssey for so long. Has anyone else checked anywhere?

If LO's finally dropped down to $40, then it's time for a new 360 used coupon from GS. $22-something used with a 25% off coupon and EDGE would be nice.

No signs of it being a universal drop yet.

LO is 39.98 at Wal-Mart in Rohnert Park CA as well. Didn't see Scene It. Hope this means LO will be dropping universally soon.

Scene it LCA is $24.99 at Sears if your store still has it. Lost Odyssey was marked $39.94 at my Wal-Mart so this deal seems to be good all around.

Those on the fence about Lost Odyssey, buy it. I am just now going through it (huge backlog) and I am enjoying it tremendously. The dreams are a little longwinded (you have to read tons of text), but they are written VERY well and can get emotional. The game started off a little slow, but gets better. One of the best 360 RPG's right now, even though some SquareEnix ones are coming this year and next.

[quote name='addicted2games']Those on the fence about Lost Odyssey, buy it. I am just now going through it (huge backlog) and I am enjoying it tremendously. The dreams are a little longwinded (you have to read tons of text), but they are written VERY well and can get emotional. The game started off a little slow, but gets better. One of the best 360 RPG's right now, even though some SquareEnix ones are coming this year and next.[/quote]

This.

Best next-gen JRPG to date (there's only 4, but still, especially with none coming this year)

[quote name='the_punisher']This.

Best next-gen JRPG to date (there's only 4, but still, especially with none coming this year)[/quote]

There are a crapload of RPGs coming this year. The next couple of months will be RPG mecca.

That being said, Lost Odyssey was alright, although not as good as people make it out to be. The battles are slow-paced, a lot of the characters can be annoying, and the designs for a lot of the characters and environments are pretty ugly.

Eternal Sonata is probably the better RPG even if it wasn't really finished. When the PS3 version drops it'll definitely be worth a buy.

On topic: Dammit, world, stop dropping the price on games the week after I drop full price on it.

[quote name='the_punisher']This.

Best next-gen JRPG to date (there's only 4, but still, especially with none coming this year)[/QUOTE]
What about Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia?

Thanks for the tip. I agree this doesn't seem to be YMMV. These prices are valid in North Dakota too.

Lost Odyssey was marked down at my Wal-Mart. The shelf tag for Scene It was still regular price and I couldn't scan it because they are in the process of remodeling the entire store into a SuperCenter so 1) there are no price scanners on the poles around the store and 2) all of the connection center/gift registry kiosks return that the item is not found in the system when ANYTHING in the store is scanned.

Scene It is great for a few days, but the questions end up repeating way too soon! I thought since it showed a message saying "Saving puzzles seen" during your save, that meant it wouldn't give you repeats so soon, but after just a couple days of casual play with my family, we're already into a lot of reruns.

Love the game for a while, but there definitely needs to be a lot more questions. Not worth $40...maybe $20 tops. They need to add downloadable content.

[quote name='NDPsycho']Thanks for the tip. I agree this doesn't seem to be YMMV. These prices are valid in North Dakota too.[/quote]

I live in ND, too! :) Minot.

Anyway, I picked up Lost Odyssey for the $39.99. I feel like I've waited forever to buy this game. I'm worried it'll be $29.99 on Amazon.com or in a weekly ad in a few weeks now that I finally sprung for it. Sigh.

bread's done
Back