Walmart Online - XBOX 360 Arcade W/ MW2 & 12 Mo XBL Gold Card $249.00

Seems a little redundant to bundle 12 months of live to a system that can't go online. Is there a hard drive included in that bundle? If not, despite the essentially free MW2, this is ridiculous.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Seems a little redundant to bundle 12 months of live to a system that can't go online. Is there a hard drive included in that bundle? If not, despite the essentially free MW2, this is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Newer arcades have memory built in, and can go online just fine. I play games online all the time on the one in my bedroom, no hard drive.

[quote name='contej85']Newer arcades have memory built in, and can go online just fine. I play games online all the time on the one in my bedroom, no hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Heh, while you were posting I was testing this out because I have an arcade but I always use my elite's harddrive on it. I transferred the gamertag, updated MW2 and connected with no problems at all. So this might be a decent deal for those that might just want to play MW2 now.

edit: plus there's still 214MB left

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jprev']Anyone know if Walmart has been shipping Jaspers?[/QUOTE]

Everyone is shipping jaspers. You'd have to really try to find a falcon, probably at a small local store.

[quote name='killer9']new arcades have 512 mb internal mem[/QUOTE]

This is true, even though the box still says 256. It's something like 320 or 340 MB free out of the box.

[quote name='killer9']new arcades have 512 mb internal mem[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then. I was under the impression they still only had 256 MB. I guess if you don't plan on downloading any DLC then this is alright, but I still feel it gives people false hopes for going online since Xbox Live is so much more than just online multiplayer. Maybe I'm just being a pessimist over the situation.

this is a great deal if i had the cash and didnt already own 360's and mw2 i would jump on it used 20gb hds are 49.99 at gamestop im sure much cheaper on ebay and amazon

dos netflix streaming work with arcade units? I'm just being lazy asking. I know I could check...

Edit: Yes, it does...

"The new Netflix instant video streaming will also work on the Xbox 360 Arcade even though that Xbox 360 has no hard-drive. You can watch movies but not download them. To use Netflix you still need a Xbox LIVE Gold Membership and a Netflix unlimited subscription plan."

bread's done
Back