WalMart price drops - Saints Row $38 - Prey $30

killbot13

CAGiversary!
WalMart just did a few rollbacks, sorry I cant remember them all.

The ones that caught my eye in the store were both for XBox 360.

Saints Row $38
Prey $30

Dang good prices. Reply if there are more and I will try to update this post.

They also had Gears of War for $45 as an "advertised value" which probably means it will go back up. Target has it for $39 this week.

FYI - In case you dont know, many WalMart B&M deals are YMMV.

Hmm. I would like to know what other games have roll backs. I suppose I'd pick up Madden if it were 30. Also, DOA 4 or FNR3 if they are cheap.

I got a $10 card so I'd be interested in any more drops... :p

Saints Row seems cool, I can get the 10% employee discount too (I dont work there)

[quote name='Nogib']This $30 price point also includes the Prey LE if you see any of those out there.[/QUOTE]

Sweet I'll have to take a look for it at my local Wal-Mart!

[quote name='AZPunisher']How can you get a discount if you don't work there?[/QUOTE]

Special employee favors haha.

Well if one of your parents work there they can buy it for you. Or if a friend works there, but that is against policy Im sure so dont get caught.

Stupid question but does Walmart PM competitors? I need to go there tomorrow and wouldn't mind bringing a Target ad to get a few $39 Xbox 360 games.

Wal-Mart with PM ads from competitors within a 60 miles radius, usually. They do not PM online deals, even if from a local competitor (like Target).

[quote name='Kendro']Stupid question but does Walmart PM competitors? I need to go there tomorrow and wouldn't mind bringing a Target ad to get a few $39 Xbox 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart will PM and technically when I worked there in college the official policy read that the customer does NOT need to have the ad. (Granted this was about 3 years ago, so it might have changed.) The head CSM is supposed to have all competitor ads at the podium and should know which prices are valid.

Also worth mentioning (but YMMV) is that the past 3 or 4 Wal-Marts I've been to have all had video game clearance bins out since after XMas. Mostly overpriced ($20) stuff but there are a few gems. Picked up a non-GH Xenosaga for $10, Ico and Parappa 2 for $15/each, and may go back for Suikoden IV for $20.

EDIT: I should probably mention that video games in a clearance bin at a WM is something I've never seen before. So it seems strange that every one I have gone to lately has one. I'm hoping this is a sign that there will be some good markdowns on this stuff coming soon.

I'm sure that is the main reason. But on the other hand one has to wonder how long they're going to leave the stuff sitting there taking up room, not selling, and getting crushed and sifted through. I would guess there will have to be some drops later (or they'll just trash the stuff or donate it away).

I went to my WM today and got an XBOX copy of Psychonauts for $19.XX (since it's finally 360 Backward Compatible) and a LE of Prey for $29.XX. Thanks OP!

My walmart must be horrible then. Was prey marked at $30 or did you have to get someone to scan it? Also no bins of awesome cheap games :cry:

Wal-mart randomly has clearance games. Mostly in those damn bins where they get mixed in with the $5 spanish DVDs. or the one random game like Chibi-Robo for $15 a month ago.

I took a recent trip to a Wal-mart I typically don't visit. They usually keep all the $20 games in a locked endcap display and you have to ask to search through it. Well, on this visit I found that display full of other stuff and the $20 games were dumped into one of those huge wire bins of theirs. I did find one game on my list though. It was not worth the effort to sift through the $5 DVDs that had been tossed in there as well to find anything else for $20.

I did find P.N. 03 in a similar clearance bin in a Wal-mart in Dallas back in the spring. It was $10.

[quote name='Ertai']My walmart must be horrible then. Was prey marked at $30 or did you have to get someone to scan it? Also no bins of awesome cheap games :cry:[/QUOTE]

At my Wal-Mart the regular Prey was still in the plastic face-outs in the locked cases, but was still marked $59.99. The LE Prey was in the bottom of the case with no price at all. My friend was working there and got both of my games out and double checked the Prey LE price for me to make sure it had hit at my store and it did. Then he took me over to the other electronics register that wasn't open, opened it up and got me out of there really quick. ;)

[quote name='AZPunisher']Is Saint's Row worth $38? =)[/quote]

No, I am still waiting for it to drop to $20. Get the demo from live and judge for yourself.

Went in today and had them scan it, CE was $30. I'm a sucker for a game that comes in a tin. :)

For those who are saying wait till saints row to drop down to $20, is that ever going to happen? I don't remember seeing any 360 drop to $20 unless it was a year old sport title. It seems $30 is the new cheap game price, or will there be a further price drop later?

Nevermind about my question about Prey -- I just played the demo (mostly Live) and it was just too fun. Maybe it's sleep deprivation(its currently 12:53 AM here), but killing people with wrenches just seemed to never get old. Single Player was meh, but the MP reminded me of the sleepless nights I spent playing Unreal Tounament: GOTY.

[quote name='mmercer13']I must be the only one on the planet that didn't like Prey at all. I just couldn't get into it.[/quote]

Nope, I didn't like it either. Finished it in 5 hrs :cry:

[quote name='xbox_mole']I went to my WM today and got an XBOX copy of Psychonauts for $19.XX (since it's finally 360 Backward Compatible) and a LE of Prey for $29.XX. Thanks OP![/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could have picked up a copy of Psychonauts at K-Mart for $3.

[quote name='shieryda']Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could have picked up a copy of Psychonauts at K-Mart for $3.[/quote]

If you can find it.

And the OP needs to make the topic YMMV, as Saint's Row isn't $39.9x at all stores.

Picked up from the dump bin:

PS2:
Destroy all Humans (GH) $10
Star Trek Encounters $10
Sprint Cars Road to Knoxville $5

PSP:
My & My Katamari $10

YMMV, I'm sure.

bread's done
Back