Walmart Price Matching Black Friday Deals

Ardrid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://consumerist.com/2010/11/walmart-to-offer-price-matching-on-black-friday.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/walmart-announces-three-days-of-unmatched-holiday-savings-and-delivers-the-industrys-best-price-match-guarantee-109852434.html

While this isn't strictly a deal per se, I figured all the CAGs would like to know that Walmart is, officially, price matching competitors' Black Friday deals. Looks like they're serious this year.

Typically, stores do not match doorbuster deals. It even says so in their exclusions. I think that this means Walmart will now price match doorbusters from any other store. That's a big deal if the other store ran out of the item, but Walmart has plenty.

[quote name='gordojones88']Typically, stores do not match doorbuster deals. It even says so in their exclusions. I think that this means Walmart will now price match doorbusters from any other store. That's a big deal if the other store ran out of the item, but Walmart has plenty.[/QUOTE]

Again, Wal-Mart does this every year.

The last two Black Friday's I worked at a corporation right next door to a Wal-Mart. I would go in at about 9 am, with all the ads (including doorbusters) and price match everything no problem.

As long as you are in the doorbuster time limits Wal-Mart will match it.

A lot of retailers end up doing this actually, they just won't be on ad. When I worked retail there were the offers we had and then usually in the days leading up we'd get confirmation that we were lowering prices on certain items to match the competitors.

The only think I'm wondering is if Walmart will accept PDF print-out of ads. I want to pick something up from Target's sale with my Walmart gift card.

how about gaming credit deals?
since Walmart is only a 5min drive from my apt, while Kmart is 40min away, I am not so willing to drive a long way to Kmart and just buy one game...

I wouldn't get too excited. On some of the big ticket stuff they usually have store specific model numbers, so even if say Target has a TV on sale and Wal-Mart has one just like it, the numbers won't match and they can just deny it by saying they're different models. Now if it's a game or something that is different, but don't be surprised if they pull something like this.

[quote name='animalspinners']Again, Wal-Mart does this every year.

The last two Black Friday's I worked at a corporation right next door to a Wal-Mart. I would go in at about 9 am, with all the ads (including doorbusters) and price match everything no problem.

As long as you are in the doorbuster time limits Wal-Mart will match it.[/QUOTE]

I said stores, not Walmart.
Here is Target's price matching policy exclusion:

Other price matching exclusions include:

• Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart does this every year like someone stated. Every year, except last year (did Amazon way), I take all the ads from the paper, take them into Walmart, grab my titles (mostly dvds and games), and price match it all (doorbusters, etc). Never have had a problem. The only negative is you hold up the line while you pricematch multiple stores :D

Other stores though don't usually allow matching on Black Friday. Heck, Best Buy told me I couldn't get a price differential on a previous purchase on one of the sales items. Now I have to buy it that day and return it under the old receipt. What a hassle.

They eventually did it, but WalMart kinda gave me a hard time price matching a couple years ago. Eventhough tv ads were running advertising the Black Friday price match, I had to wait for the clerk to get the manager, and then argue a bit with the manager to give the clerk approval. Didn't see any thing worth arguing over last year, so it might be easier now.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']how about gaming credit deals?
since Walmart is only a 5min drive from my apt, while Kmart is 40min away, I am not so willing to drive a long way to Kmart and just buy one game...[/QUOTE]

I tried with 2 wal-marts when Spider-Man: SD came out and it was a no go. Of course, I have gotten price matches with a receipt at wal-marts before. I'd say try it but don't be too upset if they do not wish to match it.

[quote name='Clak']I wouldn't get too excited. On some of the big ticket stuff they usually have store specific model numbers, so even if say Target has a TV on sale and Wal-Mart has one just like it, the numbers won't match and they can just deny it by saying they're different models. Now if it's a game or something that is different, but don't be surprised if they pull something like this.[/QUOTE]

Exactly....last yr I took the Radio Shack ad to Wm to pricematch the Ps3 controllers. Radio Shack had 2 diff sales, 5am to 10am, and then another from 10am to wtf ever it was...they tried to tell me that the ad didnt specifically say what time the controllers were on sale and that it could be in the 2nd half of the day etc etc...eventually I got the 1 controller etc but they do try to pull every little stunt they can not to pricematch.

Im hating that walmart is starting their dvds and games at midnight and Target opens at 4am because that throws my shopping plans out the f'n window.

[quote name='Will']Exactly....last yr I took the Radio Shack ad to Wm to pricematch the Ps3 controllers. Radio Shack had 2 diff sales, 5am to 10am, and then another from 10am to wtf ever it was...they tried to tell me that the ad didnt specifically say what time the controllers were on sale and that it could be in the 2nd half of the day etc etc...eventually I got the 1 controller etc but they do try to pull every little stunt they can not to pricematch.

Im hating that walmart is starting their dvds and games at midnight and Target opens at 4am because that throws my shopping plans out the f'n window.[/QUOTE]

I thought Walmart wasn't doing their electronic deals until 5am???? Yeah they open at Midnight, but I don't think the games or Blu-Ray players are avail until 5am.

Can anyone verify this?

[quote name='Dranakin']The only think I'm wondering is if Walmart will accept PDF print-out of ads. I want to pick something up from Target's sale with my Walmart gift card.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='irratebass']I thought Walmart wasn't doing their electronic deals until 5am???? Yeah they open at Midnight, but I don't think the games or Blu-Ray players are avail until 5am.

Can anyone verify this?[/QUOTE]
They start at midnight, just like their ad says. It's really not that hard, the PDF of their ad even has it that Pages 1-8 are the 5am doorbusters, page 9-whatever are the midnight deals, and the last page is Saturday deals.

[quote name='Dranakin']Anyone?[/QUOTE]
They're not supposed to, but it's really going to depend on the manager.

bread's done
Back