walmart random game find

orcafan8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was in Walmart today (note this walmart is only like 5 years old) and i noticed that they had PS2 GH2 guitar bundle for $79.99. :roll:

Right Next to it was this for $19.99 (on a weird looking tag sorry forgot to take a pic of it)
th_photo.jpg

:gc: DDR Mario's Mix NIB looks completely originally sealed

So has anyone else found a newer walmart (so unlikely this was just in a backroom) randomly stock single copies of long out of print titles?

I searched for a thread discussing the finds of older games, and didn't see any from the last year, if there is please delete/merge with that thread.

I've seen that at a few places, along with a Disney one you plug-n-play to your TV. thought about getting them both for my kid, but the wife was too quick to say no.

[quote name='orcafan8']So has anyone else found a newer walmart (so unlikely this was just in a backroom) randomly stock single copies of long out of print titles?[/QUOTE]

Nobody does that. It was definitely just in the backroom.

[quote name='Survivalism']Nobody does that. It was definitely just in the backroom.[/QUOTE]

true, but based on release dates/ opening dates of the store this game was probably sitting in the back room since opening.

I was just curious if anyone else has found anything like this where this game is discounted (as i remember it was like 50 or 60 at gamestop back when it was new), where the also outdated GH bundle right next to it was full price (i think)

Wow, that's pretty lucky. I found a copy of the Oblivion CE for 360 in a Walmart once, but it wasn't in the computer when they tried to ring it up so they wouldn't sell it to me. :(

Yeah, this wal-mart near me had a couple copies of MGS3:Subsistence. The store opened a couple years after the game came out. They were still full price at $30, but that's still pretty good since it sells for around $60. I bought a couple a few months ago and stopped by randomly today and they still had one left.

The one non Supercenter WalMart around by me had copies of Dino Crisis 2 for PS1 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 or 3 for N64 up until about two years ago in a $20 and under dump bin.

Furthermore, the one Kmart by me had copies of FFVII(green label) and FF Anthology(black label) up in their game case until Kmart started doing the redesign of the electronics section and moved the case to the front wall from the back wall of electronics.

That too was just a couple of years ago.

FFVII GH was like a plague up until about a year before Advent Children came out. Never would have thought in a million years that it would become so valuable so quickly.

probably ranks high up there on my "if I could go back in time and buy copies of X game" list.

That's like me and the NES top loader. I wish I could go back in time and scrounge up the $300 or so to buy up all 20 or so the one local WalMart store had for $15 apiece.

Just yesterday at Walmart, in clearance section they had 5 sets of DK Bongos for Gamecube sets from 2004 brand new with $10 red tags, very random. They also had a few copies of Twilight Princess for Gamecube @ $19.99 at bottom of glass case in Wii section, way in the back had to bend down to see 'em. I picked one up to keep in my collection sealed. Have seen those go as high as $75 on ebay sealed. Plus it was cool to see a Gamecube game.

BTW a lil off topic but they had 5 or 6 Xbox 360 Slims just sitting there in the glass case.

EDIT* Just checked ebay and Zelda TP Gamecube does sell for way more than $20 sealed that I payed.. Most are in the $60-$80 range.. Thinking I should go grab the other 2 for a decent flip.. Hhhmmm

[quote name='WebWizard']EDIT* Just checked ebay and Zelda TP Gamecube does sell for way more than $20 sealed that I payed.. Most are in the $60-$80 range.. Thinking I should go grab the other 2 for a decent flip.. Hhhmmm[/QUOTE]

None completed in the past two weeks have been in the $60-80 range.

[quote name='orcafan8']true, but based on release dates/ opening dates of the store this game was probably sitting in the back room since opening.

I was just curious if anyone else has found anything like this where this game is discounted (as i remember it was like 50 or 60 at gamestop back when it was new), where the also outdated GH bundle right next to it was full price (i think)[/QUOTE]

While my Wal-Mart definitely isn't as young as yours, every November they pull out a dump bin full of stuff like your find. What I believe is happening in my case is that my Wal-Mart is being used as a clearing center for old stock from a bunch of other stores. Anyways, last December I managed to find a sealed Dark Alliance II (Xbox), multiple sealed copies of Super Smash Brothers Melee (Cube), and Digimon World 4 (PS2). I also found a lot of other long OOP titles, but I can't remember all of them off the top of my head right now.

Bah. Our Wal-Mart randomly decides to renovate every few months, I doubt they have anything that wasn't just tossed out.

[quote name='Doomstink']While my Wal-Mart definitely isn't as young as yours, every November they pull out a dump bin full of stuff like your find. What I believe is happening in my case is that my Wal-Mart is being used as a clearing center for old stock from a bunch of other stores. Anyways, last December I managed to find a sealed Dark Alliance II (Xbox), multiple sealed copies of Super Smash Brothers Melee (Cube), and Digimon World 4 (PS2). I also found a lot of other long OOP titles, but I can't remember all of them off the top of my head right now.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you bought that shit...

[quote name='WebWizard']Just yesterday at Walmart, in clearance section they had 5 sets of DK Bongos for Gamecube sets from 2004 brand new with $10 red tags, very random. They also had a few copies of Twilight Princess for Gamecube @ $19.99 at bottom of glass case in Wii section, way in the back had to bend down to see 'em. I picked one up to keep in my collection sealed. Have seen those go as high as $75 on ebay sealed. Plus it was cool to see a Gamecube game.

BTW a lil off topic but they had 5 or 6 Xbox 360 Slims just sitting there in the glass case.

EDIT* Just checked ebay and Zelda TP Gamecube does sell for way more than $20 sealed that I payed.. Most are in the $60-$80 range.. Thinking I should go grab the other 2 for a decent flip.. Hhhmmm[/QUOTE]

not quite as random as you think, the local walmart here has had 3 or 4 bongo sets in the clearance aisle for about 3-4 months

My local Wal Mart has had a copy of Jade Empire (original xbox) marked at 9.99 for a few months. I noticed it back around halloween, and I think someone finally recently bought it as I didn't see it last time I was in there.

I remember there being a thread (or blog?) on CAG about this guy's wal-mart that randomly had tons of PS1 sports titles or something.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I remember there being a thread (or blog?) on CAG about this guy's wal-mart that randomly had tons of PS1 sports titles or something.[/QUOTE]

That may have been a thread I posted. There's a walmart near me that had a bunch of old PS1 Maddens for $15.

There are still several that have old Xbox 1 games for $30...

I also found a brand new HD-DVD player at a Wally World in Pennsylvania recently.

The only decent OOP items i've found are FFXII (black label) for $20 at Kmart and Persona 3 with art book for $50 at Sears. Still waiting for that one to drop.

[quote name='koolhand nick']I found Sega Genesis games and controllers in the video game section at Toys R Us, this was about five years after they were outdated.[/QUOTE]

Majesco actually re-released the Genesis (Genesis 3) and Nomad along with ~13 games and some accessories exclusively at Toys R Us in 1999 or 2000. Not exactly crazy or anything to find them there, though I guess if you didn't know the circumstances it would've been. I think the games were on the shelf until about 2001. When I worked at TRU in 2005 we found a few boxes of PS1 games in the rafters that we sold for $1.00 each. Stupidly, I picked up none of them.

[quote name='moop2001']Please tell me you bought that shit...[/QUOTE]

I did. Kept a lot of it for my sealed collection and threw the rest up on eBay. It's not every day I'd get the chance to pick up sealed in-demand games for $10 a piece, can't pass up that opportunity when it arises.

bread's done
Back