Walmart to have Wii's on Dec. 6 at 12:01

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
175 (100%)
Went to Walmart again and was told that the main office informed them that they will be getting some for sale on that day and time.

Good luck to any who get them. I'm in London, Egland so I'm ****** again.

BTW this was in NE PA.

[quote name='BIG5']12:01 am? As in early, early Wednesday morning? More info needed.[/quote]

I'm guessing Midnight

Getting them on a wednesday seems strange. Previously it has been said that they would be available on 12/3 for the sunday ad. See posting in this forum re: wal-mart corporate email.

Is Walmart even open at midnight?

Nevermind, I didn't realize there were 24 hour Walmarts. Guess mine won't be getting any, unless they go on sale Wednesday morning.

I can confirm this. Just got the Dec 3rd - 9th flyer in the mail. Says that they will be available 12/6 and there will be a minimum of 3 per store. Sheesh.
They are advertising the Classic Controller and the Nunchuk/Wiimote, so you may get lucky if you are looking for the controllers.

There is nothing else game related that doesn't seem to have been posted before.

[quote name='lee337']I can confirm this. Just got the Dec 3rd - 9th flyer in the mail. Says that they will be available 12/6 and there will be a minimum of 3 per store. Sheesh.
They are advertising the Classic Controller and the Nunchuk/Wiimote, so you may get lucky if you are looking for the controllers.

There is nothing else game related that doesn't seem to have been posted before.[/QUOTE]
It's true, check the ad scan in Speedy's weekly ads thread.

I guess the appropriate question is "WTF?" I thought we were getting 200 - 250k in stores each week through the next couple of months. How come stores are still only getting a trickle through? I'm *this* close to waving the BS flag over Nintendo and calling 'em on an artificial shortage.

I *still* can't find any nunchuks or classics, and Wii-motes appear to be completely sold out as well.

[quote name='tcrash247']Is Walmart even open at midnight?

Nevermind, I didn't realize there were 24 hour Walmarts. Guess mine won't be getting any, unless they go on sale Wednesday morning.[/quote]
I didn't know they still had Wal-Marts that aren't open 24 hours a day.

I posted in the other thread i heard Dec 6th as well by a friend whose an employee. I pray they have some controllers. I've looked through literally 18 diff. stores in the area over 2 days. Found 2 Wii-motes but didn't buy them because I thought 40 was overpriced .... man that sucked when I realized it wasn't :)

[quote name='BIG5']12:01 am IS midnight.[/quote]

Yes.... so what's your point? :whistle2:s

WTF!? I have heard December 3rd all over the net and I was prepped for camping out this Saturday night and getting one finally! Why in God's name would you release them on a Tuesday night? Most of us have jobs or class.... :(

I keep seeing both the 3rd and the 6th. I've seen the ad confirming the 6th, but has the 3rd been confirmed as false? Do I need to try both days?

Its in their flyer, got it in the mail today. Its says they will have them on December 6th, and each store gets a minimum of 3, lowsy 3! I have seen stores get crates of these, Im sure they will get more than 3. Maybe to calm crowds/lines, so who knows.

Wait... so I have to camp on Tuesday? I think I might have to borrow a friend's laptop, skip my 4pm class, and get my paper done while I'm it...

Now that I think about it, I was over there an hour ago and heard an employee telling someone that while playing GHII.

I was Raincheck number #2 after I didn't get one on launch night for my local Wal-mart. They left me a message early on Thursday saying the Wiis were in and to pick one up. They then called me later that evening to say there was a block and they couldn't sell me one until Sunday, December 3rd. What a crock!

[quote name='SamuraiGG']My local Walmart said the 6th at 8am for Wiis.[/QUOTE]

My friend works at walmart as a supervisor. He told me the same thing. His store is a supercenter walmart thats 24 hours. Since he is a supervisor he's going to hold one for me. Wii!

Probably going to get Zelda, and a classic controller. Spend some money on the VC games.

[quote name='Demontooth']I'm staying in a tent in the sporting goods section of walmart until sunday.[/quote]

Call TRU or Best Buy, they might have them in today.

[quote name='Demontooth']I'm staying in a tent in the sporting goods section of walmart until sunday.[/QUOTE]

Good idea, Zack Morris.

[quote name='SamuraiGG']My local Walmart said the 6th at 8am for Wiis.[/quote]

I can also confirm this at my local 24 hour Wal-Mart. They have a sign on the case that states that they won't be available until 8:00 AM on the 6th.

I work at a Wal-Mart Supercenter (24 hours) and we are releasing them on 12/6 at 8am. Not sure who told the OP about a midnight release, but at least in my area, there is no midnight release. And to clear up the confusion, the flyer is good from 12/3 to 12/9. However, the Wii's don't go on sale until 12/6 (check right beside the Wii in the flyer) at 8am. Happy Shopping.

HOme Offics stated that all store would receive an extra shipment before the 3rd but as of now my store still has the original 9 I rceived a week ago only. May be some shipments tomorrow though.

A wal mart next to my college is getting Wiis at dec 6 at 8 AM. I know this because my friend is going for one and hopefully finding and picking me up a fucking classic controller.

I think the ad says "also available online", can anyone confirm that? Are there any free shipping codes floating around for walmart.com?

[quote name='mbartholow']I think the ad says "also available online", can anyone confirm that? Are there any free shipping codes floating around for walmart.com?[/quote]

The ad does have a little box that says "Also at Walmart.com" so they might be selling them online that morning as well.

[quote name='Vtec_Inspired']this thread is incorrect , it's 8am on the 6th , I bet their's ppl waiting already[/quote]

QFT. I saw a similar sign today at my local Wal Mart (Warren, OH).

ANyone have any luck tlaking to walmart staff about when/where to line up for vouchers, if any?

I called 3 Walmarts near me. 2 said they have no idea if they're even getting any consoles and if they do they're going to stock them as soon as they come in. The other one said they don't know how many Wiis they're getting and they'll sell them at 8AM if they get some.

I've never done this waiting thing before. How do will they distribute stuff? In electronics? In layaway? Or will I have to wait until they shelve the items?

Not every walmart handles things the same, thats why you need to call and sort things out.

They'll have you line up or sit somewhere(not necessarily inside) and at some point give you vouchers. Its not shelved, they just put them behind the register and just go through the numbers. For the PS3 at my walmart it was done in Layaway, but for the 360 mine did it in electronics

The good news for me is that I'm in a college town and this is finals week. MAYBE I CAN FINALLY GET ONE OF THESE THINGS!

Just called both Walmarts in the Kalamazoo/Portage Michigan area and both are holding stock till 8 am, not 12:01 even though they are both open 24 hours. Urg... Thinking about calling into work tomorrow to score one. Not sure.

bread's done
Back