Walmart Video Game Clearance YMMV $5 Titles

coolpapa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
My brother works at Walmart and today he saw two shopping carts marked $5 clearance so he called me and they had all kinds of titles there.

The had some Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, NDS, PS2, Gamecube and other titles. Some of the ones I picked up/ from memory were...

PS3 - Genji
Xbox 360 - dozen or so titles including Lego Star Wars and Quake 4
NDS - tons of games, most of what were in the carts were DS, sorry I can't remember many titles
PSP - Parappa the Rappa, Loco Roco, a few other assorted titles
PS2 - also tons of games, a few I can remember... Grim Grimoire, Odin Sphere...

Anyways just letting ya'll know that your Walmart could have a few gems hidden away you could pick up. Good luck.

[quote name='aen']location?[/quote]

Look under his avatar and you'll have a pretty good idea.

Anyway, thx for the tip OP, but just like the dozens of other Walmart threads as of late, this will be YMMV and probably taking place only at that one store.

Good god.

I wish I lived near one of these magical Walmarts I always hear about 'round here. I bet they sell unicorns as well, and eye of newt.

Shit and I'm even in Texas!

[quote name='Strell']Good god.

I wish I lived near one of these magical Walmarts I always hear about 'round here. I bet they sell unicorns as well, and eye of newt.[/quote]

I swear there must be some alternate universe where all these magical Walmarts exist, with bins and carts just full of great games on clearance.

They're certainly not located around Sacramento, CA.

[quote name='lawdood']Look under his avatar and you'll have a pretty good idea.

Anyway, thx for the tip OP, but just like the dozens of other Walmart threads as of late, this will be YMMV and probably taking place only at that one store.[/quote]

aye, but he said his brother, you never know..

[quote name='dinovelvet']You should have just pushed the whole cart up to the register :)[/quote]
There were at least 4 people pushing around the titles in each cart, making it impossible, I just scooped out the titles into my cart and ran away.

Haha I bought twelve games including two for my brother. I was psyched that my Walmart finally had a magical sale. Magical sales rule.

[quote name='lawdood']I swear there must be some alternate universe where all these magical Walmarts exist, with bins and carts just full of great games on clearance.

They're certainly not located around Sacramento, CA.[/quote]

Or anywhere in northern CA, for that matter. I do a lot of travelling on the road and stop by Walmarts that I see on the side of the freeway every now and then and never see anything decent in their clearance bins.

yeah I always hear about the shopping carts with clearance games but never find them - maybe one day...

I did find (my second) sweet old agetec dreamcast arcade stick once in a walmart time forgot - and I'll never forget - there was a snes system bundled with some game way up on a top shelf in electronics and I didn't even check the price - and this was after dreamcast stuff was clearanced...

[quote name='bordjon']yeah I always hear about the shopping carts with clearance games but never find them - maybe one day...

I did find (my second) sweet old agetec dreamcast arcade stick once in a walmart time forgot - and I'll never forget - there was a snes system bundled with some game way up on a top shelf in electronics and I didn't even check the price - and this was after dreamcast stuff was clearanced...[/quote]
I often dream about finding a store like that.

[quote name='ogrenator']anyone check any wallmarts in columbus ohio thx lol[/quote]

I checked the walmart by Polaris Pkwy tonight and nothing I might go to morse tomorrow but they never have anything.

In late 2006, I found a Walmart full of Dreamcast VMU's. Each one was marked at $3, but I didn't have a Dreamcast at the time.

I did manage to get some toad wart scrapings at half price, though.

Mine never has stuff like that. The release date Bomberman for the GC for $49 even after the Wii came out. That's the luck I have. They don't understand "clearance".

[quote name='jrrab']I checked the walmart by Polaris Pkwy tonight and nothing I might go to morse tomorrow but they never have anything.[/QUOTE]

nice..thx i almost went there at like midnight too just cause i was bored

[quote name='emperordahc']Mine never has stuff like that. The release date Bomberman for the GC for $49 even after the Wii came out. That's the luck I have. They don't understand "clearance".[/quote]

Yea its the same here :roll:

[quote name='bwilso80']I want a magical store in general everytime I go to a sale its Barbies magical fairy time.[/quote]
Ken=Barbie's Magical Fairy:whistle2:#

My Wal Mart has Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. After five years, they finally dropped the price to 19.99.

I've had the game since it was released. I just always found that ammusing. They still have Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse for $49.96

[quote name='coolpapa']There were at least 4 people pushing around the titles in each cart, making it impossible, I just scooped out the titles into my cart and ran away.

Haha I bought twelve games including two for my brother. I was psyched that my Walmart finally had a magical sale. Magical sales rule.[/quote]

what games were you able snag?

Not only do the Oregon Walmarts never have anything on clearance, the Targets and Best Buys around here never do anything like I read on here either!!!

It's the trade off for no tax or something. I just wait for the sales at Best Buy like with Assassins Creed and Orange Box this week.

Good luck to all getting $5 360 games!!!

if anyone finds a extra copy of quake 4 for $5 at one of these magical walmarts, i'd gladly buy it from you. sadly my local walmarts are of the normal variety. their idea of clearance is crappy 15$ games that they couldn't sell at 20$...

OMFG I hate threads like this..

thanks op for the heads up, but just hate when its a dream sale that ill never get to. so sad fo me todai :whistle2:(

I hate my Walmarts so much. Everything at mine get clearanced at about 10% off and sticks that way forever. One of them has a GBA MP3 player that has been on clearance for almost 3 years for 80 bucks.

[quote name='rywateska']If you're close to Houston, HAVE FUN![/quote]
Does that mean the Houston area has this sale?

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Totally YMMV, should be in the regional category.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. I never understand why threads like these get put in the main area when we all know it's only at this 1 store.

I went to walmart this morning and saw a PS3 40 GB console for $99.98, went to the register and it ranged up $129.99, so I passed on it, so much for magical sale, btw its YMMV

[quote name='Poor2More']I went to walmart this morning and saw a PS3 40 GB console for $99.98, went to the register and it ranged up $129.99, so I passed on it, so much for magical sale, btw its YMMV[/QUOTE]

Why add to this?

[quote name='Strell']Good god.

I wish I lived near one of these magical Walmarts I always hear about 'round here. I bet they sell unicorns as well, and eye of newt.

Shit and I'm even in Texas![/quote]

Are the unicorns on sale? If they are they would be easier to find than this sale.

I went to a Wal-Mart sale like this once and picked up a ton of nice $3 games. They do happen but they are never chain-wide or at more than one store. These threads belong on the regional boards.

Local Wal-Mart had about 5 or 6 copies of GrimGrimoire for sale a couple of weeks ago. I'll check back tomorrow, hopefully they're still in stock and I'll be able to cash in. :D

[quote name='Poor2More']I went to walmart this morning and saw a PS3 40 GB console for $99.98, went to the register and it ranged up $129.99, so I passed on it, so much for magical sale, btw its YMMV[/quote]
Wow, nice lie buddy. No one would be dumb enough to pass on a PS3 for $129.99.

Theres was nothing at my walmart at all just overpriced games i wish i lived close to walmar that have these game clearance

there was one in a walmart in ct i saw sonic, cod2 and 3 and graw1 for 360 but i wasnt sure how much they costed because there were no price tags on them

bread's done
Back