Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta use up that clearance candy and Fruity Pebbles somehow, eh.

The blender isn't terrible for $10, but doesn't have nearly as much torque or general horsepower as the slightly larger Nutribullet. It only operates at 250 watts, which isn't enough to finely chop nuts or most frozen ingredients. Their Nutribullet is 600 watts in comparison, and the bigger countertop ones from Vitamix get around 1500 watts and 2.2 HP. You'll have to do some work to get a smooth smoothie.

Arcade1up machines aren't budging much in price in my area. Fortunately, I found the deluxe 12-in-1 for $200 at a local Marshalls plus 10% discount, so $180 plus tax. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods all likely may carry it and be marked down to a similar price. For anyone in the Twin Cities area, check out Marshalls in Bloomington as it may still have one.

It includes the riser, so a decent deal. Riser is definitely needed for these. Planning on modding with Raspberry Pi and replacing the controller deck. Apparently the board can have a USB cable soldered on to it to access the MAME settings via keyboard, but no luck with adding additional games to it as it may have been compiled specifically to only support the games included.

PRICING ERROR: Bang Energy Drink 12pk - $1.98 For some reason the Bang vendors are setting up the cans on the shelf in the boxes instead of in singles. So since the boxes themselves have the same barcode as the cans the whole box is ringing up the same price as a single can. The same thing happened with the gatorade protein bars. Not sure if this is just an error in my store or if it's everywhere.

$5 off $50 Google Play cards. In Store.

Just got this for $74 + tax! I know that this is not better than qvc error but i think is good. this is in Walmart PR

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=211590602
attachicon.gif
20181228_194020.jpg
Wow, one store in my area had it for this price but it looks like its sold out

The headset is showing up at my store at $199. Huh. It's probably because of the one that got stolen that one time a couple months back. :booty:

[attachment=31583:20181231_184846.jpg]

Just bought a Razer Naga Trinity, a Razer Seiren X, a Switch Joy-Con Charging grip, and (not on this receipt) a Turtle Beach XO Four Stealth for $10 dollars each.

Alongside that were some Super Mario Odyssey Power A grips and some USB-C extension cords for a dollar each.

[attachment=31585:20181231_185703.jpg]

And some cookies...
[attachment=31584:20181231_185810.jpg]

attachicon.gif
20181231_184846.jpg

Just bought a Razer Naga Trinity, a Razer Seiren X, a Switch Joy-Con Charging grip, and (not on this receipt) a Turtle Beach XO Four Stealth for $10 dollars each.

Alongside that were some Super Mario Odyssey Power A grips and some USB-C extension cords for a dollar each.

attachicon.gif
20181231_185703.jpg

And some cookies...
attachicon.gif
20181231_185810.jpg
Did you find all of those on brickseek or just a lucky visit?

That is the only consistent thing I can find as well. Someone will post a batch of a dozen clearance HP computers here and the local store has several showing multiple in stock. But when I ask an employee in the department they tell me they don't have any HP computers in stock. Not specific to clearance ones just that they don't have any in stock at all and when you ask if they might be in the back instead of on the floor they say they aren't allowed to go back there when other customers are shopping in that department. Lol.
man oh man. I went there tonight, because they had a gillette x-mas gift set on sale for $3.72. Came with 2 refills, a new razor, body wash and deo. BS said 7, app said yes they do. I go there and I get told, well all the x-mas shit got moved to over here. holy sonofabitch everything x-mas related got thrown into one area. I looked and looked and couldn't find it for shit. I was there for a hour or so. Went back into Electronics and was gonna ask if someone with a hand scanner could scan the UPC. But couldn't find no one, finally after waiting for 15mins. I got pissed off and left. fuck Wal-Mart. I'm done with finding these bullshit deals. They can kiss my ass, with them telling me, they don't know where its at. They must make too much money to give a fuck about where shit is located in the store apparently.

Did you find all of those on brickseek or just a lucky visit?
Lucky visit. The worker was just updating the prices as we got there. I actually came back around a couple of times to check on what had been added, because I was shopping around anyway.

I checked on Brickseek after you posted this, and saw the prices had updated there though.

Lucky visit. The worker was just updating the prices as we got there. I actually came back around a couple of times to check on what had been added, because I was shopping around anyway.

I checked on Brickseek after you posted this, and saw the prices had updated there though.
Cool, I will try to find some of the numbers thanks.

20181231_184846.jpg
20181231_185703.jpg
And some cookies...
20181231_185810.jpg
Jealous of the XO Fours.. mine just went out after a couple years and thousands of hours of use and I can't find a reasonably priced new pair anywhere

PSA: If you order something at Walmart.com for in-store pickup. Even if you receive an email saying the package is ready for pickup, wait a day. Twice, including today has it happened to me where I go to the store the same day I get an email saying it's ready only for them to tell me they can't find the package because it never arrived.

Don't they send out the pickup email once it's scanned and placed in their under counter bins? I would've asked for a manager, especially if tracking confirmed it had arrived and been there for a bit.

Don't they send out the pickup email once it's scanned and placed in their under counter bins? I would've asked for a manager, especially if tracking confirmed it had arrived and been there for a bit.
My packages have always been there in my experience once I get the email. That store is probably screwing something up

This. As someone who’s worked in retail, ask for a manager. You don’t have to be a dick, but when a store screws something up it’s on them to make it right. I wouldn’t tolerate that even once.

Also- F walmart. I hate that company.

I will say though- I had a stellar experience picking up my Pac-Man arcade cabinet there. The manager was fantastic. (I also friggin love that cabinet- I really don’t get all that hate. And yes- I’ve built a rasp pi bartop on my own that can do more and yes I’ll be building a cocktail cab on my own this year. Those Arcade1up machines are great for what they are and my toddler LOVES it.)

A store 25 min from me was finally was able to get into the back and bring out some clearance games they dropped back in November.    

Unfortunately the store still shows a bunch of other games at $1-$5 that are still in the back somewhere so who knows if those will ever hit the floor.  

So I get a call and they tell me they found my package. I went back to the store after work and bring the package home. I had bought The Beach Boys on vinyl. I open it and realize it's missing a disc. :whee:

So now I have to return the thing. I might as well just buy it at BestBuy. It's 3 bucks more but at least they wont fuck this up.

Some games that I saw that have dropped near my location. I apologize if these were already posted at some point.

Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=610393220

Everybody's Golf (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=353497315

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=114673405

Ni No Kuni II (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55489957

Prey (PS4) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=53966168

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=123574622

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition (PS4) - $10 

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=625558304

Uncharted: Lost Legacy (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55778881

Yooka-Laylee (PS4) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55345606

South Park Fractured (Switch) - $5

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45630799

Rocket League (Switch) - $10

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=851740734

Puerto Rico! I can't find any near me in socal.
You and I both know that SoCal is the laughing stock of Walmart clearance...my local store still has multiple copies of :ps2: Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey on “clearance” for $39.99 and managers wondering why their product won’t move. [emoji58][emoji19][emoji849]

Finding PS2 games at Wal-Mart is always good for a laugh. That system is edging twenty at this point! Yet somehow, it's not impossible to find some shrink wrapped Tiger Woods game at WM for twenty or thirty dollars.

I usually find GTA, Jonas Brothers, Naked Brothers Band and some Horse game. I'm amazed they haven't pennied out across the nation, not that anyone would buy them for a penny.

I remember I went to a garage sale (that turned out to be a reseller selling stuff from a storage unit). It had all those games in it for $5/each. I was looking at them and she asked if I want the box for $20. It had about 40 of these games. I turned it down since they are worthless.

Just in case you didn't know, Walmart's return policy for items without a receipt is limited to $50 and only once a day. It's also only 3 times in 6 months. At least, this is what I was told when I went to return some games today.  Luckily, the supervisor okay'd a game that was over $50 but I was only allowed to return just the one game.

Just in case you didn't know, Walmart's return policy for items without a receipt is limited to $50 and only once a day. It's also only 3 times in 6 months. At least, this is what I was told when I went to return some games today. Luckily, the supervisor okay'd a game that was over $50 but I was only allowed to return just the one game.
Did you buy it from Walmart?

bread's done
Back