Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Just asked an employee to open up the shelf and check the price for quantic dream collection and since it was still $30+ I said nvm, I feel bad whenever that happens

Just was at a Walmart this morning in Dearborn, MIchigan they had a bunch of $5 and $10 games for Xbox One, PS4, and PC in a basket in Electronics

$5 Xbox One
Farming Simulator 17
Just Cause 4 Gold Edition (Bought it)
State of Decay 2 (Bought it)

$5 PS4
Monster Hunter World: Iceborn Master Edution with Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
A couple different versions of Elder Scrolls
Darksiders III

My local stores refuse to clearance Tokyo mirage
Been eyeing that damn game like a hawk since like September. Still nothing. One store randomly dropped it to $25 and sold out instantly. I haven't been seeing anything of value drop ever since that short period when games like Sword Art and Tsubasa were going for like $20

I know it's not clearance per se but those switch pro controllers with codes for
Super Mario Odyssey are still out there in the wild for $69. Seems like a solid deal if you are in the market for a pro controller.

I know it's not clearance per se but those switch pro controllers with codes for
Super Mario Odyssey are still out there in the wild for $69. Seems like a solid deal if you are in the market for a pro controller.
fyi if you do grocery pickup for the first time (ie new account) you can save another $10 with the code giving10

Back to $69 online. Was able to order it. hope it goes through.

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with Super Mario Odyssey Full Game Download Code - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Update: Success I picked it up for $69, thanks, johnny.

FYI - the Rickmond, CA local in the Bay Area is OOS. At least I didn't see any in the display case.

Does anyone know if Nintendo codes actually expire? I haven't gotten my console yet.
I know the reward codes they sent out back in the wii u days expired. I had a free pikmin 3 code that expired. I tried to redeem it like a month late as i forgot about it.

So we stopped doing much clearance shopping back in November, seemed like we stopped finding much and the holiday crowds made it less appealing. I'm pretty new to the scene and just wondering if there is a sweet spot time to hit up the stores for the new year....or maybe it's just more ymmv?

Found the worst Walmart ever yesterday.  Some of the stacks are 3 deep.  Sorry for the sideways pics.  I apparently don't internet well.

[attachment=35132:1B847F8F-F886-4C52-A9F8-FD4B229A0797.jpeg]

[attachment=35133:AD7675B1-B198-4E7E-9039-72D2C1893C0D.jpeg]

So we stopped doing much clearance shopping back in November, seemed like we stopped finding much and the holiday crowds made it less appealing. I'm pretty new to the scene and just wondering if there is a sweet spot time to hit up the stores for the new year....or maybe it's just more ymmv?
Nationwide Walmart game clearances usually happen January/February, but there are lots of complicating factors at the moment (COVIDcession, nextgen rollout, the game clearance that already happened last summer).

Nationwide Walmart game clearances usually happen January/February, but there are lots of complicating factors at the moment (COVIDcession, nextgen rollout, the game clearance that already happened last summer).
Very useful info... I'll keep my eyes peeled.

So this just happened. I think it's just a very lucky one off.

attachicon.gif
20201228_195307.jpg
yeah i show $90 at all the stores near me

So this just happened. I think it's just a very lucky one off.

20201228_195307.jpg

Nice, I suspect it was a Christmas gift return. Some of the walmarts near me just take the return cart and throw everything in sellable condition in the clearance section.
Was it opened? I see those type of clearance stickers all the time with one-off open items...what I suspect to be a return or shoplift attempted item. I've seen a game or two marked like that, it appeared the plastic wrap around them was missing so they were opened in some fashion.

Was it opened? I see those type of clearance stickers all the time with one-off open items...what I suspect to be a return or shoplift attempted item. I've seen a game or two marked like that, it appeared the plastic wrap around them was missing so they were opened in some fashion.
You have to be careful with stuff like that to, Walmart can do a bad job of checking this stuff. My wife bought something like that and it was empty.

You have to be careful with stuff like that to, Walmart can do a bad job of checking this stuff. My wife bought something like that and it was empty.
I can attest to this as well. One time I purchased a wireless keyboard for PC and the receiver was missing, making it a glorified paperweight. And another time I bought a bicycle rack for my car and when I opened the box it was clear from the condition that it had been used. Walmarts seem to love to reseal/repackage items, even if they are not in proper saleable condition. For anything that has been marked down I would definitely recommend always doing a careful check on the spot before leaving the store.

I returned boots just the other day. Guy didn't even open the box up. I jokingly said the box is empty. He looked at me with glazed eyes and still didn't open it.

highlights in jupiter florida that I can remember

death stranding $11

resident evil 2 $11

Switch:

bomberman r $8

puyo puyo tetris $8

south park fracture but whole (switch) $11

Daemon x Machina $25

tokyo mirage sessions $18

oddworld strangers wrath $11

trial of mana $18

wonderful 101 $11

a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. $1 old sports games for xbox and $5 naruto something

I found a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $44.25. There was only one, so I don't think this is a nationwide markdown. But I grabbed it.
Probably a return. I've seen Joy-Cons marked down like that in the 50-something dollar range on a handful of occasions, which I typically looked at skeptically and eyed them as though they likely had stick drift (i.e. someone buying a new set and then returning their defective ones because yes, there are such unscrupulous people out there). Anyway I would suggest putting it through its paces to make sure that everything works right and nothing is amiss with it.

Probably a return. I've seen Joy-Cons marked down like that in the 50-something dollar range on a handful of occasions, which I typically looked at skeptically and eyed them as though they likely had stick drift (i.e. someone buying a new set and then returning their defective ones because yes, there are such unscrupulous people out there). Anyway I would suggest putting it through its paces to make sure that everything works right and nothing is amiss with it.
Will do. As crazy as it sounds, my Switch hasn't been turned on since last September because I play my PS4 and my Xbox One way more. I didn't even know that the eShop doesn't sell games for less than $1.99 until I checked the eShop thread just now. Oh, what a world!

Mobile Gaming Bundle for as low as $49 in some places
Closest near me has it for $79

IPhone
https://brick-seek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=821772495

Android
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=397221125
Thanks for this! I've been eyeing the Kishi for months but I couldn't muster the $80 price tag. $49 for it PLUS some good wireless earbuds was a no brainer! My local Walmart had tons and the guy who helped me said a lot of people were coming in for them and brought them all out to the cage behind Electronics checkout to be prepared! Was in and out within 2 minutes!

Been wanting some new Wireless Earbuds since mine have shit battery life, guess I'm on the hunt for this Razer bundle now. Seems like most of the stores in my area are showing +5 in stock, hopefully the site isnt still buggy

Been wanting some new Wireless Earbuds since mine have shit battery life, guess I'm on the hunt for this Razer bundle now. Seems like most of the stores in my area are showing +5 in stock, hopefully the site isnt still buggy
Highly rec the polaroid ones they sell at biglots. I got them for 7$ and they work really nicely. Only negative I had is that they auto set the volume to max whenever you connect them. They'd probably have an even better battery life if there wern't led lights throughout the headphone.

bread's done
Back