Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw For Xbox on 2/17/24:
Payday 3 - $5
Way of the Hunter - $5
Halo Infinite - $5
Callisto Protocol - $5
Back For Blood - $5
I probably wouldve gotten PD3 if it was ps5 but after looking at it its not much different then the previous games which I liked. I can see why these games are $5 they meh but also Xbox going digital and getting rid of physical.
Off note needs some tv clearances whats the odds of tv clearances

I would watch Walmarts I was at one yesterday that had a bunch of games in the case down in the $10-$12 range... it may have started at some walmarts.

Found a lone copy of Rune Factory 3 (Switch) for $10 in the middle the normal games case, not marked as clearance. Fair amount of Xbox games were marked as clearance though.

I would watch Walmarts I was at one yesterday that had a bunch of games in the case down in the $10-$12 range... it may have started at some walmarts.
I'm always curious of the games at the bottom of the case that stacks left to right. Like what if they are discounted like how DMC, nioh collection etc was a couple years ago with no clearance tags and only scanning shows the real price. I miss those days.

I picked up Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival for $10 and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes for $15.

Walmart-clearance-1.jpg

There have been different clearance offerings at each one of my Walmart stores. Every store's selection varies wildly, with one store's sectional having almost no overlap with the clearance + budget offerings found at any other store.

Walmart-clearance-Feb-24-1.jpg

Walmart-clearance-Feb-24-2.jpg

Walmart-clearance-Feb-24-3.jpg

Walmart-clearance-Feb-24-4.jpg

Walmart-clearance-Feb-24-6.jpg

Some lukewarm clearance prices at the Burlington, NJ store:

:switch:
Pokemon Shining Pearl $30
Bravely Default II $20

:ps5:
Way of the Hunter $15
Scarlet Nexus $15

:ps4:
World War Z: Aftermath $10
Ghost Recon Breakpoint $10
Kingdom Hearts III $8

:xb1:
Biomutant $15
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed $10
Rainbow Six Extraction $10

The grocery clearance endcap had Pop Tart Frosted Sugar Cookie 16-packs for $2 (not every box was opened, mind you) and Rebel Moon popcorn for $2.

Some lukewarm clearance prices at the Burlington, NJ store:

:switch:
Pokemon Shining Pearl $30
Bravely Default II $20

:ps5:
Way of the Hunter $15
Scarlet Nexus $15

:ps4:
World War Z: Aftermath $10
Ghost Recon Breakpoint $10
Kingdom Hearts III $8

:xb1:
Biomutant $15
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed $10
Rainbow Six Extraction $10

The grocery clearance endcap had Pop Tart Frosted Sugar Cookie 16-packs for $2 (not every box was opened, mind you) and Rebel Moon popcorn for $2.
Thats not too terrible on pricing for the Pop Tarts

PS4 Console Call of Duty bundle $249.00
PS4 Console 1TB Slim $219.00

:switch: MLB The Show 23 (I believe this was $10.00)
:ps4: Street Fighter 6 $35.00
:ps5:Avatar The Last Airbender - Quest For Balance $30.00
:ps4:W2k23 $15.00
:ps5:W2k23 $15.00
:ps4:Star Wars Battlefront II $9.93
:ps4:DC Justice League Cosmic Chaos $10.00
:ps5:Back 4 Blood $20.00
:ps4:Call of Duty Vanguard $30.00
:ps5:Deathloop $25.00
:ps4:Dragonball Z Kakarot $10.00
:ps4:World War Z $10.00
:ps5:MLB The Show 22 $19.00

My elusive quest for the clearance Bayonetta 3 at my local continues. Stopped in hoping maybe just maybe it finally dropped from the $45 bucks that they have been sitting at what seems like forever now. Not only did they still not drop but they took them out of the individual security cases they've been in forever & put them back into the main switch case along with the Xenoblade 1 & 3
betterttv-huh.gif

Other side of things I did nab a lone copy of Metroid Dread for $30. I know it's been that before but I missed out on it then & any 1st party Nintendo game under 40 bucks is a achievement in my book. 😅

PS4 Console Call of Duty bundle $249.00
PS4 Console 1TB Slim $219.00

:switch: MLB The Show 23 (I believe this was $10.00)
:ps4: Street Fighter 6 $35.00
:ps5:Avatar The Last Airbender - Quest For Balance $30.00
:ps4:W2k23 $15.00
:ps5:W2k23 $15.00
:ps4:Star Wars Battlefront II $9.93
:ps4:DC Justice League Cosmic Chaos $10.00
:ps5:Back 4 Blood $20.00
:ps4:Call of Duty Vanguard $30.00
:ps5:Deathloop $25.00
:ps4:Dragonball Z Kakarot $10.00
:ps4:World War Z $10.00
:ps5:MLB The Show 22 $19.00
Ah you beat me to it. I also saw Street Fighter 6, Avatar & WWE2k23 at those prices

My elusive quest for the clearance Bayonetta 3 at my local continues. Stopped in hoping maybe just maybe it finally dropped from the $45 bucks that they have been sitting at what seems like forever now. Not only did they still not drop but they took them out of the individual security cases they've been in forever & put them back into the main switch case along with the Xenoblade 1 & 3
betterttv-huh.gif

Other side of things I did nab a lone copy of Metroid Dread for $30. I know it's been that before but I missed out on it then & any 1st party Nintendo game under 40 bucks is a achievement in my book. 😅

Ah you beat me to it. I also saw Street Fighter 6, Avatar & WWE2k23 at those prices

For what it's worth Best Buy has Bayonetta 3 on clearance for $31.

edit: It's been going in and out of stock.

Last edited:
Nebraska furniture Mart in Kansas City, Kansas. Have Zelda: TOTTK MSRP $70 clearance $30 (4 copies left) Bayonetta Cereza MSRP $60 clearance $30 (3 copies left) Pokemon Arceus MSRP $60 clearance $30 (4-5 copies left). Pokemon violet and scarlet bundle with dlcs clearance $70 each. Check your local NFM. Good luck 🤞

For what it's worth Best Buy has Bayonetta 3 on clearance for $31.

edit: It's been going in and out of stock.
Yeah thanks I saw, still I think my sweet spot for it is 25 or below. I could have bit at about 30 when it was offered on Woot & Amazon a while back but didn't. Anyways I think what it has turned into for me now that I must get from that wally world now in a battle of attrition. It's not about the reward it's about the thrill of the hunt type of thing, I dunno lol

Picked up Immortals Aveum for $25 at a walmart. Figured why now. It’s delisted on amazon right now and best buy is selling it for $40. I know the digital deluxe is on sale too, though that’s an easy pass for me.

Picked up Immortals Aveum for $25 at a walmart. Figured why now. It’s delisted on amazon right now and best buy is selling it for $40. I know the digital deluxe is on sale too, though that’s an easy pass for me.

It is $8 on Xbox right now if that matters to you

Crisis Core for the PS4 is on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy and has a free upgrade to the PS5 version if you're looking to get it without having to drive to a Walmart (I looked at one of my local ones on Friday and didn't see any good clearance games there.)

It's weird.. the last three walmarts I visisted basically have zero clearance PS5 games. The glass cabinets were nearly empty, no yellow tags, and worst of all no end cap with shovelware/non planogram games. Starting to look like target and best buy, barren wastelands.

Also to note, it's crazy to see LP/vinyl make a comeback yet bluray and 4K discs getting tossed out of stores. What is this, 1970 all over again?

It's weird.. the last three walmarts I visisted basically have zero clearance PS5 games. The glass cabinets were nearly empty, no yellow tags, and worst of all no end cap with shovelware/non planogram games. Starting to look like target and best buy, barren wastelands.

Some stores have moved clearance games to the locking metal cabinets at the electronics checkout counter.

found marvel ultimate alliance 3 switch on clearance for $20 at a local walmart-

Very much an anomaly. I don't remember the last time I saw that game in the wild in any store.

Also to note, it's crazy to see LP/vinyl make a comeback yet bluray and 4K discs getting tossed out of stores. What is this, 1970 all over again?

I think it was just a fad for awhile. Every Target store I have been in the past year or more has often had plenty of vinyl albums on clearance though, so you have to wonder whether it died down and they weren't selling anymore.

Very much an anomaly. I don't remember the last time I saw that game in the wild in any store.

I think it was just a fad for awhile. Every Target store I have been in the past year or more has often had plenty of vinyl albums on clearance though, so you have to wonder whether it died down and they weren't selling anymore.
It's funny as my daughter has been asking for a record player recently. I offered her one of my Technic 1210's but she thinks they're ugly lol

Only clearance at my Walmart is Bravely Default 2 and Fire Emblem three hopes - both $30. And they’ve been that price for months. Nothing in the Playstation or Xbox sections.

On clearance at my local WalMart:

PS5 Media Remote (Lowered from $20.00 to $13.50)
Nintendo Switch L/R Pink & Yellow Joy-Cons $47.50

bread's done
Back