Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you complaining about the links being in one post rather than spread through like 2-3 pages? Seriously?

There is a certain line to be crossed I agree, but simply having the links together on cag definitly isn’t it. Spreading the word about it all to various other forums would be the bad thing that some people do who seek attention.

Are you complaining about the links being in one post rather than spread through like 2-3 pages? Seriously?

There is a certain line to be crossed I agree, but simply having the links together on cag definitly isn’t it. Spreading the word about it all to various other forums would be the bad thing that some people do who seek attention.
tyx9emw.gif

Not sure if you understand that the US is a large place, buddy. We don't all shop at the same store.

Can't speak specifically in terms of performance, but I got it for family members and the sound is horrible imo. Doesn't help that there is only 3 different sound presets. I'm not an audiophile, but the sound is on par with laptop/smartphone speakers. Really disappointed in that regard. Otherwise it's "fine", and for $79 it's a steal, but there is a reason this particular TV retails for low to mid $300's.
I managed to find one of those $35 soundbars too so I can't foresee sound being much of an issue. XD

I found legend or KOrra 3ds but when they guy scanned  the front sticker in the case, it came up as 3 cents. He said that can't be right, and then opened up the case and scanned the game which came up at 30 bucks.. any ideas on what to do?

I found legend or KOrra 3ds but when they guy scanned the front sticker in the case, it came up as 3 cents. He said that can't be right, and then opened up the case and scanned the game which came up at 30 bucks.. any ideas on what to do?
go to a different store or try going a different time. some employees will allow it some will try to fix the price.

Anyone pick up any cheap 3ds games that I could buy 1 from?  I got a 3ds recently and looking for a few cheap games to play.

I went to my local walmarts but nothing....  Thanks!

Anyone pick up any cheap 3ds games that I could buy 1 from? I got a 3ds recently and looking for a few cheap games to play.

I went to my local walmarts but nothing.... Thanks!
Unless someone has a spare Professor Layton, you don't want any of the 3DS games that were $.03.

Target has a lot of 3DS games on sale right now for their weekly ad.

FYI, a friend of mine found Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone 3DS at one of the Walmarts she hit up.  I didn't even know it existed, but the reviews are great, and my 11 year loves the Pokemon and Disney Art Academy games, so I just grabbed one off a dude on eBay used.  Looks like it's got solid value if it's still sealed.

Can't speak specifically in terms of performance, but I got it for family members and the sound is horrible imo. Doesn't help that there is only 3 different sound presets. I'm not an audiophile, but the sound is on par with laptop/smartphone speakers. Really disappointed in that regard. Otherwise it's "fine", and for $79 it's a steal, but there is a reason this particular TV retails for low to mid $300's.
Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to read as much as I can about it. It's definitely considered a "starter" 4K TV, but at $79 if you can get it, I suppose you can't complain much unless the thing doesn't turn on. It does technically have HDR, but everything I'm reading about it says the HDR is basically useless due to it's poor performance. Still, the input lag on Game Mode is supposed to be very good and if my base PS4 games rock on it, good enough for me.

FYI, a friend of mine found Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone 3DS at one of the Walmarts she hit up. I didn't even know it existed, but the reviews are great, and my 11 year loves the Pokemon and Disney Art Academy games, so I just grabbed one off a dude on eBay used. Looks like it's got solid value if it's still sealed.
Thank you for mentioning this. I actually saw that game at one of the Walmart’s. Now I just need to hope they didn’t take it to the back.

Thanks for the feedback. I've tried to read as much as I can about it. It's definitely considered a "starter" 4K TV, but at $79 if you can get it, I suppose you can't complain much unless the thing doesn't turn on. It does technically have HDR, but everything I'm reading about it says the HDR is basically useless due to it's poor performance. Still, the input lag on Game Mode is supposed to be very good and if my base PS4 games rock on it, good enough for me.
I currently am using the TV in a spare room with a PS4 Pro and it looks better than my 4K 50in LG TV (though both are great TVs). It's a great TV in general. Yes you can get a better much more expensive TV but for $79 - $179 (even sale for $300) it's a good buy.

Do know the smart TV featured when casting aren't too great but just using the remote on the TV works fine.

I currently am using the TV in a spare room with a PS4 Pro and it looks better than my 4K 50in LG TV (though both are great TVs). It's a great TV in general. Yes you can get a better much more expensive TV but for $79 - $179 (even sale for $300) it's a good buy.
I'm sure it looks great with a PRO but I have the Base PS4. Wonder if it will look better than my 1080p Samsung 26" monitor. I really haven't looked at 4K TV's very often.

Finally got a few 3 cent games: wario land shake it, Metroid other m and professor Layton unwound future.

Also got another $25 4K player

It isn't a budget TV you know. It's a high end TV that just happens to be clearanced out because new models are out. I'd just get it if you can get it for this price. Anyone that's saying this TV isn't good doesn't have it and is just being a picky snub about it.

Post about 3 cent games just showed up on Slickdeals. If you're planning on trying to find a game, time may be running out.
eh, its a little to late for that. Most stores seem to be wising up on the 3 cent games. I know a couple of the stores i got games from said they were going to have the electronics dept clean up the rest as they weren't really suppose to sell them.

Also did notice one store i stopped at, clearances some of there used games. Not really anything amazing but did get a Farming Sim 14 3ds and Wolf Among us PS3 for a $1 each.

It isn't a budget TV you know. It's a high end TV that just happens to be clearanced out because new models are out. I'd just get it if you can get it for this price. Anyone that's saying this TV isn't good doesn't have it and is just being a picky snub about it.
Well, looking at reviews, it's considered an "entry level" 4K TV. That doesn't mean it's a bad TV, by any stretch. It was released in 2017, so it's not terribly outdated. At $79, it's almost certainly worth springing for, I agree...but as far as 4K TV's go, I am reading it is considered an entry/budget model. The HDR on it is considered very poor. But for someone looking to get into 4K cheaply,, it seems unlikely you could do better than this for right now.

Samsung 6290 Review:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6290

Checked the local stores again yesterday and found Metroid Other: M x3, Professor Layton & The Unwound Future and Little League 2010 on 360, one of each. The store still had at least one Sin & Punishment, a few Walking Trainer games and The Legend of Korra 3DS.

Well, looking at reviews, it's considered an "entry level" 4K TV. That doesn't mean it's a bad TV, by any stretch. It was released in 2017, so it's not terribly outdated. At $79, it's almost certainly worth springing for, I agree...but as far as 4K TV's go, I am reading it is considered an entry/budget model. The HDR on it is considered very poor. But for someone looking to get into 4K cheaply,, it seems unlikely you could do better than this for right now.

Samsung 6290 Review:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6290
Well if you're only using it with a PS4 base, it's more than worthy for your means. But if you plan on getting a Pro or XB1X, it'll be just as great. But the time you spend thinking about it, is the time lost from someone else getting it. These are already sold out everywhere, doubt you're going to get it if it isn't already gone.

I hope IATCG gets arrested again. fuck that POS copy/pasting from here and not even admitting it's not his efforts.

At least he's not sending the SD crowd here though, and if most of your areas are like mine the .03 games and 79 tvs are already long gone. 

Well if you're only using it with a PS4 base, it's more than worthy for your means. But if you plan on getting a Pro or XB1X, it'll be just as great. But the time you spend thinking about it, is the time lost from someone else getting it. These are already sold out everywhere, doubt you're going to get it if it isn't already gone.
There are a few left about 15 miles from me. All other WM's, it's at $328

After having struck out on deals this week mostly, I felt good getting a few 3 cent games then swinging by goodwill and finding some GC Zelda games and a couple of higher valued Wii games for $2 a pop

After having struck out on deals this week mostly, I felt good getting a few 3 cent games then swinging by goodwill and finding some GC Zelda games and a couple of higher valued Wii games for $2 a pop
Which ones did you find? I've got a huge goodwill near me but I've never gone to look because the parking is horrendous haha

All the people who were/have been asking about what tv, game, whatever is on clearance, especially after it's been discussed ad nauseum for a week or longer, need to just be left to their own devices. I mean Ctrl+F does wonders. Although appreciated, consolidating all the clearance items into a list isn't necessarily the best idea. I only bring this up, cuz the GameStop thread that spiraled out of control, as people who misusing the information in the FAQ.

If they have two, and you don't mind, I would gladly compensate you for it.
So I just got back from that Walmart and they did still have the game, but they only had the one copy. I looked through all the games to make sure there wasn’t another one misplaced and came up short. I am happy I was able to get the one just hate I couldn’t find another one for you. Thanks again for posting about it though.

Well looks like that Slickdeals post killed what little was left. Deals in my area were scarce to begin with, but now I regret not getting a couple more games last night.

Anyone have the culture fly box links I still haven't seen those? I already own the super Nintendo one but looking for the others.

Also still looking for someone to help me out with warioware diy - ds

bread's done
Back