Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new laptop, but IMO your rant didn't make sound like she was racist, more like someone that was seeing 2 dudes scanning and looking and looking and looking for stuff in the electronics department at night. You can't just say that was racist if you consider the other factors.
Lol.

Picked up Wii U Guitar Hero Live for $20. I think the PS4 version was also on the clearance aisle.

Visiting other Walmarts has bummed me out. The clearance aisle at the Walmart closest to me is full of arts and crafts junk. Absolutely no toys or video games. I was able to get some gifts for my kid's birthday for cheap, but it was at a store somewhat far away.

Acer Aspire One 722 Laptop (Windows 7, 11.6in, AMD Radeon HD 6290, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD)
Price: $69.00
Was: $278.00

No Walmart ID but here is the UPC. My Walmart had it in a cage with some other laptops. It's been in there for a while now and I was just waiting for the price to drop. Associate who usually helps me scanned it and it was $69. She said she couldn't sell it to me because it was marked display (someone wrote display on it) but it clearly was never opened. A manager came over, opened it and said "yeah, it's new you can have it".

It's not a great laptop but getting it for my little brother as a graduation gift so he'll enjoy being able to use his own laptop.

Side thoughts, long rant about racism at Walmart's last night. Skip for boring read.
I really hate traveling away from the city because of the racist backwards treatment I get. I was out last night (10pm - 6am) going to 24 hour Walmart's searching for clearances since I had time. At 1 store I asked a female employee to help check the prices on some games. She was ok with it as it seemed. I didn't need her help at the time and went on my way looking at other electronics. Everywhere I went she followed my friend and I and pretended to be reorganizing shelves. Every time we moved to another isle there she was staring us down.

I forgot to ask about iPad's from the recent price drop so I asked her to check because she had keys on her. She "attempts" to open the cage and says she needs a manager since she doesn't have the right keys. Manager and her come back and I explain I want a price check on 2 iPad's. He proceeds to ask her for her keys and opens up the cage. This women was afraid of us stealing iPads and only called a manager to have someone else there with her. They didn't have any iPad's so we said have a good night, on our way out we can see them watching us as we leave the store. Mind you, they watched us from where we left electronics to the other side of the store where market is.

The other time this night was buying the laptop. The employee that helped us always helps look for clearance deals and the other nightly managers knows this because we have come in maybe twice a month buying $100's worth of merchandise.

Anyways, we needed a manger to open the laptop case. I ask the manager about other clearances and he doesn't know (must nightly managers don't deal with clearances but its worth asking). I tell him thanks and I, my friend and the other employee proceed to price check other electronics and games. Low and behold the manager is staring us down. Mind you, we are price checking spider-wrapped items that are already on the sales floor. He followed us around electronics until we were ready to check out.

The employee helping us apologized and said he never stays in electronics to do anything much less watch someone as he's always too busy to be bothered with anything but his nightly duties. It's not like we were dressed a certain way (wearing cargo pants and a button up longsleeve), spoke as if we just stepped off the set of The Wire, or were being shady. Hell, twice I've come into this store at the same time and spent $1k when they dropped their electronics / home items to 70% - 90% off.

Part of me could understand it, two Black guys wanting to check out electronics late at night, must be a sign of theft or something. But no, this really bothers me since I haven't been followed in a store or stared down (much or frequently) as if I'm a theft since I lived in New York. Guess I got too use to not being subjected to this.

End rant, just wanted to share that. Here is the UPC, good luck finding the laptop!

http://www.upcitemdb.com/upc/886541401663
Yes...walmart employees are out to get you. You should contact the news and start marching. Make sure you do a lot of damage during the march to prove your point. Black Lives Matter!!! Guess what Blue Vest Life's Matter also. Make sure you protest now though while the media is being bias to further their rating. Won't be long till the truth appears...then everyone goes away.

Saw some PlayStation Moves for around $18. I guess people might need these for the PS VR. I bought a couple of these years ago and maybe used it once or twice.

Yes...walmart employees are out to get you. You should contact the news and start marching. Make sure you do a lot of damage during the march to prove your point. Black Lives Matter!!! Guess what Blue Vest Life's Matter also. Make sure you protest now though while the media is being bias to further their rating. Won't be long till the truth appears...then everyone goes away.
66066318.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7" Tablet 8GB Memory, White $49

brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=34455838

KidTrax Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Edition 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On, $125

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=38087624

Hot Wheels Terrain Twister, Blue, $15

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=44932265

ProScan PLDED3996A 39" 720p LED-LCD HDTV, $139 (some report $0.02c)

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=34696279

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Xbox One), $1.5

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=45611516

Snapper 27cc 145 MPH/445 CFM Gas Backpack Leaf Blower, $50 - $99

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=30224747

Bloodborne PS4, $10 - $19.93

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42646929

Yes because reporting people dying is bias... and I should just sit here and ignore this treatment that I get :roll:. Luckily I don't deal with it frequently, that doesn't mean it isn't an issue though. I'm happy it's being talked about instead of ignored like it usually is. Anyways, let's get back to posting deals.

Looked around this topic, could only find the item ID for ps4 version of divinity original sin.
Does anyone have it for Xbox one? I tried to look it up the ones I found kept saying the item is not available in my area.

Looked around this topic, could only find the item ID for ps4 version of divinity original sin.
Does anyone have it for Xbox one? I tried to look it up the ones I found kept saying the item is not available in my area.
Try this one. 46159883 Shows $15.00 around me. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Saw a Slingbox for $20...not sure which generation/model but the original price was around $120. I did not grab a SKU, sorry!
The original model, the first one, no HDMI. The reviews of the desktop app giving you ads and me having just a few channels on my cable box I left it .

From my brief time in the store today.  I saw Grand Ages Medieval & J-Stars Victory VS+, both PS4 @ $15 each.

Anyone have any thoughts on Grand Ages?  I'm considering grabbing it.  I want J-Stars as well but I want the PS3 version to drop to that price for the custom soundtrack option.

From my brief time in the store today. I saw Grand Ages Medieval & J-Stars Victory VS+, both PS4 @ $15 each.

Anyone have any thoughts on Grand Ages? I'm considering grabbing it. I want J-Stars as well but I want the PS3 version to drop to that price for the custom soundtrack option.
Grand Ages trades into BestBuy for $27.50 with GCU. That's my total knowledge of that game.

Me too man. It's definitely worth it at $15 considering most places don't sell it new anymore. You're looking for PS4/XONE copy?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
XONE. Copies are sparse in my area and the trackers don't seem reliable.

Did see this though:

[attachment=23158:IMG_6619.JPG]

jtb0h4.jpg

Snagged this beauty for $15 at my local Walmart's clearance section earlier this week.

Here's the Brickseek Code if any of you want to check your local Walmart's for a copy: 15237957

Couple things I saw tonight:

:pc: Divinity: Original Sin PC $20

:pc: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls CE PC $50 33872565
:wiiu: The Wonderful 101 $15 24622515

:ps2: King of Fighters XI $7.00 7080090

:vita: Wolf Among Us $9.88 37789142

:xb1: Megaman Legacy Collection $15.00 48981779

If anyone wants Divinity for Xbox One for $15 + tax + shipping, my stores have it in relative abundance so send me a PM.

I picked up this Alienware Alpha for $200 the other day. I have not decided if I should keep it or not yet, havn't opened it yet. If I do keep it, I will put another 4gb of ram in it and put a SSD in it. Does anyone here have this particular one and can comment on if it is pretty decent for games?

[attachment=23165:IMG_20160804_030216330.jpg][attachment=23166:IMG_20160804_030227479.jpg]

I picked up this Alienware Alpha for $200 the other day. I have not decided if I should keep it or not yet, havn't opened it yet. If I do keep it, I will put another 4gb of ram in it and put a SSD in it. Does anyone here have this particular one and can comment on if it is pretty decent for games?

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160804_030216330.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160804_030227479.jpg
FYI, if you do intend to keep it and upgrade the OS to Windows 10, the option to upgrade for free expired on 7/29.

attachicon.gif
IMG_20160804_030216330.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20160804_030227479.jpg
what is the item number on the bad boy so I can look it up on brickseek

Set you clock to July 28th or before.
About to try this, I tried setting it a day before the expiration and that didn't work. I had it downloading an hour before cut off and it cancelled out the next day, so never finished installing.

edit - Using this download instead, breaking some rules... if you use it and get an error 0x80070057, just disconnect internet after download finishes verifying. After that it starts checking for updates, so may want to be online by the time install hits 100%. Back to square 1 for me since I didn't. Had to use net stop wuauserv (and then start after) in the command line to get it the update moving.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning or if anyone interested, but while I stopped by Walmart at lunch to pick up supplies for work, I saw they have :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empire on clearance for $15. New copy still sold elsewhere for $30.

Item id: 42793898

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

can anyone give me the barcode for the gopro hero?  I want to create a barcode to scan because my walmart has it, but its inventory doesn't appear on brickseek and they have the gopro stored away.

Saw Paragon Essential Edition PS4 at Norwich CT walmart for 25 dollar.

U could redeem the code and trade the game at best buy for 25 dollars. (the base game is free to play on PS4)

Keep it. Upgrade ram and SSD
So I opened it today and went ahead and installed win10 while you can still use the accessibility loophole. Love it, already ordered a SSD and am ordering memory.

Does anyone know if it will make much difference if the memory is in 1 stick vs 2? I have one 8gb stick that came out of my laptop when I ordered a 16gb kit for it. I can either just stick that in there and go with it, or order another 8gb stick the same as it to go along with it for the same price as ordering 2 4gb sticks.

Scored a couple of roku sticks for $15. Found the slingbox for $20 I was excited I can watch the Bears games from sister's house. Nope only 1 of her boxes has RCA hookup and it's their main TV. To return or resell that's the question.

bread's done
Back