Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Brothers is back to $20. I'd have grabbed yet another version of it for $5. Still annoyed there's very few games that support "upgrade" discounts from 360 to Xbone, like Dishonoured or Deadlight. especially when it's just simple ports.

The Division is $5 on PC at a local Walmart but they're sold out (surprise surprise), $25 everywhere else.

Fortunately I already got a copy of the game on PC for $0.01.

Warning on PvZ2, it's being added to the Xbone EA Access vault at the end of the month, so it might hit Origin Access soon enough as well.

I saw a shelf tag for Wonderful 101 for $5 last night, all copies were gone though.  Looks to be YMMV, as most other stores have it for $10-15.

Item # 24622515

I saw a shelf tag for Wonderful 101 for $5 last night, all copies were gone though. Looks to be YMMV, as most other stores have it for $10-15.

Item # 24622515
Hmm, $15 at most stores near me, which is still a decent price. Thanks for looking out!

What kind of number?
tumblr_mrv0hsjBT81rmsmhho1_400.gif

Ugh. So it looks like another Walmart near me clearanced that HP laptop and Brickseek reported it was still in stock. I then followed up and checked Walmart.com and it also confirmed having the laptop in stock. Got lucky and saw that the Walmart was right next to where I was going out to dinner with family, so I went afterwards. No luck.  :wall:

I did find Zombie Army Trilogy on Xbone for $15, but I passed. My brother picked up Bravely Second for $20, but it wasn't an official clearance.

Nice!

This is actually the first time I've seen brickseek show the wrong price. I picked it up just about an hour ago for $20 at this one particular store that [according to brickseek] was supposed to have it for $39.82. Granted it ring up that price, however there was a shelf tag that said it was $20.
my store says on brickseek that there are none left and it's 39.82 but I was just there earlier in the week and they had three copies and saw the tag said $20 so maybe I should jump on that.

Really wanna check Divison, if that rings up 20 or less I'm a grab it.

my store says on brickseek that there are none left and it's 39.82 but I was just there earlier in the week and they had three copies and saw the tag said $20 so maybe I should jump on that.

Really wanna check Divison, if that rings up 20 or less I'm a grab it.
I saw a price tag for the division, for $25, but there were no copies left. I also saw Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition for Xbox One for $15, Megaman for Xbox One for $15, Battlemage for $20 I think, and some other sports games for around $15.

I also saw the CoD Ghosts digital combo pack the other day for $15. (includes 360 and XBO digitally)

EDIT: item number 30534321

EDIT2:

Halo 5 LE is down to $25

I got the following at the following location Orange,Ca

Resident evil 2 revelations xb1 $12.88
Transformers devastation xb1 $10
Wolfenstien new Order xb360 $5

Edit re2 was actually $15 blah

Weird question, and I'm sure it's already been discussed, but has anyone tried buying a clearance item at regular price, and then returning/rebuying at the store that has it for the cheapest price?

All walmarts around me have Wonderful 101 in stock for $15, except for my closest Walmart down the street that had it for $5, but is OOS.

Weird question, and I'm sure it's already been discussed, but has anyone tried buying a clearance item at regular price, and then returning/rebuying at the store that has it for the cheapest price?

All walmarts around me have Wonderful 101 in stock for $15, except for my closest Walmart down the street that had it for $5, but is OOS.
As long as your Walmart stores are close to each other (or close to where you live/work), I'd say go for it. "Hi, I bought this recently and I think it's at a lower price now. Can you adjust the price for me please?"

anybody finding vita games in their stores?  im trying to find a few 

Sly cooper thieves in time

sly collection

god of war collection

jak and daxter collection

would pay costs plus shipping plus a couple extra if any cags can help.  

That HP laptop is showing $79 on brickseek at one of my local Walmarts but its OoS. Another Walmart nearby is showing they have some in stock but for $329. Would it be possible to buy it at one Walmart and then get the price adjusted at the other?

anybody finding vita games in their stores? im trying to find a few

Sly cooper thieves in time
sly collection
god of war collection
jak and daxter collection

would pay costs plus shipping plus a couple extra if any cags can help.
All I got to find in my local Walmart is Tearaway :(

That HP laptop is showing $79 on brickseek at one of my local Walmarts but its OoS. Another Walmart nearby is showing they have some in stock but for $329. Would it be possible to buy it at one Walmart and then get the price adjusted at the other?
which one is that?

Wandered into Wally world knowing Divinity PS4 was $15. Wasn't expecting much as I've never found any good clearance titles at my store, but I ended up walking out with the last copy. Happy. Even happier to find it it's split screen co-op!

I'm seeing all the Disney Infinity and Skylanders bundles at my local Walmart for $8 each. Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U versions. Are these even good deals now that I'm old and Infinity is discontinued?

I'm seeing all the Disney Infinity and Skylanders bundles at my local Walmart for $8 each. Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U versions. Are these even good deals now that I'm old and Infinity is discontinued?
Every Infinity figure I saw was $5 each at my local Walmart when I went in to buy a $10 PSN card yesterday. Whether or not you consider Infinity and Skylanders a deal is up to the individual. I think they were saying that the Infinity servers were going down eventually which will cripple the amount of available content. I still have a bunch of the Marvel 2.0 figures that I've never opened because I wasn't really into the main game once I tried it. Because of that, I think I wasted my money, but maybe I should go back and try it again someday. And I might be glad I bought them when they're no longer available at retail.

I have been following this TV for a while and recently it showed 0.00 with 2 or more in stock on brickseek.

Has anybody seen this before and does it mean it is basically unsaleable?

Edit: It went back to normal pricing. It was probably updating overtime or a glitch in brickseek's pasrt.  

Picked up a couple games at Walmart this AM:

Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS4) - $20.00 (SKU 40481477)

Grand Ages Medieval Limited Special Edition (PS4) - $15.00

What is the sku for grand ages?
Unfortunately its no longer on the website, and I can't search for it on Brickseek. Doesn't appear on the receipt either so I don't think I can help you. I would just suggest going to the closest Walmart and search the shelves (which is what I did). Most likely if you find it, it will be on clearance.

bread's done
Back