Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
This page just got blocked by Norton and submitted for review???

I don't think walmart passes their stuff on to other stores. I've seen stuff reappear years later at full price like MLB 04 for PS2 showing up around 2009 type of stuff.
I agree. Last year, my local walmart had a bunch of old clearance merch hit the floor, most priced a buck or less.

That's when I got a bunch of heroscape figure sets for $1/set. (And eBayed for a tidy profit).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

At my store we do not ship clearance off anywhere. It can be boxed and wrapped up on a pallet and put on top shelves in the backroom where it might stay for a year or more.

If we did not have our store manager demand earlier this year that all deleted and no mod items be cleared out of the backroom, we would still have 4-5 pallets of electronics in our backroom collecting dust. Instead it was all put out as clearance and sold.

Other stores might be different I guess.

At my store we do not ship clearance off anywhere. It can be boxed and wrapped up on a pallet and put on top shelves in the backroom where it might stay for a year or more.

If we did not have our store manager demand earlier this year that all deleted and no mod items be cleared out of the backroom, we would still have 4-5 pallets of electronics in our backroom collecting dust. Instead it was all put out as clearance and sold.

Seems about right from what I have seen.

I've been to stores before where they had to go get clearance stuff I wanted off a pallet in the warehouse.

Picked up CoD: Advanced Warfare (PC) and Resident Evil Origins Collection (PS4) for $10 each today.

CoD:AW [PC]

RE Origins [PS4]

Sounds like what I've seen in the Atlanta area as well as in Tennessee. Stuff sits around at high prices for a long time. Stuff vanishes from shelves. Stuff reappears a year or so later, often at the same inflated prices until one a manager says F it and cuts it all to 85% off just to get rid of it. Toys sit on the clearance shelf for years at the same price until this happens.

Sounds like what I've seen in the Atlanta area as well as in Tennessee. Stuff sits around at high prices for a long time. Stuff vanishes from shelves. Stuff reappears a year or so later, often at the same inflated prices until one a manager says F it and cuts it all to 85% off just to get rid of it. Toys sit on the clearance shelf for years at the same price until this happens.
Really depends on the store manager. Often times the electronics manager can know they have a ton of stuff in the back and know it needs to be marked down before it will sell but the store manager will not allow it, or will only allow so much. We had our manager allow everyone to clear out all their old deleted stuff this year. It really cleared the back room and we had tons and tons and tons of incredible clearance deals, but it also hit our bonus we got yesterday, only a couple hundred bucks as opposed to five or six hundred. But I won't complain about free money.

This store manager is new, replaced our original manager who opened the store a few years ago. She wouldn't allow any markdowns. We had 3 year old sports games still $40 and she'd wonder why we couldn't sell them. Our first electronics manager accidentally ordered around 1,000 of one of the Disney Infinity play sets, they stayed in the back collecting dust for years before we were finally allowed to mark them down.

I guess Target is the same. Some stores have dedicated clearance sections and they are awesome, others barely have anything. I guess it could also be employees hiding stuff. We have a couple who will snag any awesome deal the second they know it's in the system.

Picked up CoD: Advanced Warfare (PC) and Resident Evil Origins Collection (PS4) for $10 each today.

CoD:AW [PC]

RE Origins [PS4]
All MSRP for Resident Evil Origins Collection. If anyone finds a copy, I'll gladly pay cost plus shipping for a copy. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

All MSRP for Resident Evil Origins Collection. If anyone finds a copy, I'll gladly pay cost plus shipping for a copy. Thanks!

Upon checking brickseek it appears that there was only one store in the area that had it at $10 and one other that had it for $15 so it's definitely an extreme YMMV.

Unfortunately the store I went to only had two copies of the game which I purchased (one for myself and one as a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law who is a big RE fan).

Upon checking brickseek it appears that there was only one store in the area that had it at $10 and one other that had it for $15 so it's definitely an extreme YMMV.

Unfortunately the store I went to only had two copies of the game which I purchased (one for myself and one as a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law who is a big RE fan).
No worries! I see one that's listed for $15, but it's too far for me. Thanks for letting me know.

So this is a long story so bare with me.

A couple of months ago I was going around asking employees if they had any iPad's (the ones on clearance). They would say no and I'd ask to see what iPad's they did have. At one store they had an iPad Air 16GB for $124 but it had a sticker on it that read "Held for NAME, Return To Sender When Done" or something like that. It was suppose to be a demo / display model but was never put out on the floor at this store.

I was denied the first time by a manager because of this. I went again and the cashier went to management who also denied me and said they would send it back to the warehouse. I went last night (after not being at this store for 2 months) and low and behold it was still there. I told the associate that that was there before and the manager said if no one picks it up the next time I come in I can have it (the first time I came the manager did say this). 

The cashier looks at the label saying it should be held and said it's a demo model and she can't sell it. I said that's what they said the last time but it's still sealed and was never put on display and it rings up a price. She points to the box that reads Demo (above the serial number) and I said I don't mind. She allowed me to buy it!

Got home, opened it up and immediately did updated it and did 2 factory resets to restore it back to a regular iPad OS. Haven't messed around with it but it appears to be the full OS now and is ready to use. Going to give it to my Uncle as a Christmas gift! He'll love it.

Looks like my nearest Wally World decided to try and clear out the back room.  They set up everything on a couple of tables in front of electronics with a huge lot of games.  This isn't the first time they've done this but it's the first time they actually price the crap down from original msrp, guess they finally figured they won't sell that NBA Live 08 for the PS2 for the super low price of $50.  Most games were marked as $10 but a few were $15.  The it was a good size lot, most were 360 games, a decent amount Xbone, with a few PS4 titles and a small handful of other platform games. 

Still there were a few gems, some titles have been previously mentioned in this thread before.  Off the top of my head that I can remember,

Brothers (PS4) - $10

One Piece Burning Blood (Xbone) - $10

Borderlands Handsome Collection (Xbone) - $10

and while not a gem Aliens: Colonial Marines for $15, which is still $20 too much.

The only ones I picked up were all for the vita,

Dungeon Hunters Alliance - $10

Rayman Origins - $10

Terraria - $10

As always YMMV.

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare were both $30/each at one of my local stores.

dicRwyYg.jpg

Pretty shitty tablet but for $25 at most stores, who can complain.

RCA Voyager with WiFi 7" $28 (normally $50)
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=196557150
This was still 50 all around me but 1 store. I am not driving to Holland but I have never seen a $0 with a stock number before so I am not sure what that means. I doubt Walmart is going to give you a free tablet but thought I would post in case somebody is near the area and wanted to check it out.

Walmart Supercenter
2629 N Park Dr
Holland MI 49424
616-393-2018
(33.65 Miles). 20 $0.0

This was still 50 all around me but 1 store. I am not driving to Holland but I have never seen a $0 with a stock number before so I am not sure what that means. I doubt Walmart is going to give you a free tablet but thought I would post in case somebody is near the area and wanted to check it out.
Just means Brickseek wasn't able to get a price for the item. I wouldn't waste time driving for it.

Opelousas, La Walmart
Rosalina Super Mario Bros Series amiibo 55082744 $5.00

Brickseek shows Boo Super Mario Bros Series amiibo (55082743) for $5.00 with four in stock. None on the shelves and the employees are not very helpful.

Visiting family in Phoenix and park as surprised to see one of those 500GB hard drives for $12

[attachment=24828:IMG_8820.JPG]

Sorry to jumping in here but had to sneak onto my sons computer to do this ....i am desperately trying to get him Battlefield 1 on PS4 for as cheap as I ca find it cuz single Mom and just lost my job... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
No deals whatsoever, sorry. Do your research next time instead of making an account to ask the same question in 8 different threads constantly

Sorry to jumping in here but had to sneak onto my sons computer to do this ....i am desperately trying to get him Battlefield 1 on PS4 for as cheap as I ca find it cuz single Mom and just lost my job... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Explain to your kid that shit happens, and that some things are more important than a Christmas gift.

Not gaming related (I was on my way to electonics), but they had this 3-piece cast iron pan set over by the camping stuff in a clearance section for $9.94. That was way too good of a deal to pass up considering its hard to find one at that price

595a7e77a279e2014d910e81dacac7ed.jpg

hi. need some help.

is it possible to have items shipped from store to store???

i need some items from a walmart in next state to transfer to a walmart in my state (old console stuff)

i can't buy the stuff cause its out of stock and the webpage is down but brickseek shows a walmart might have it

also this isnt a clearance item its a full price tems

so again is there a method to ship from store to store?

thanks for any help in advance

hi. need some help.

i need some items from a walmart in next state to transfer to a walmart in my state (old console stuff)

i can't buy the stuff cause its out of stock and the webpage is down but brickseek shows a walmart might have it

also this isnt a clearance item its a full price tems

so again is there a method to ship from store to store?

thanks for any help in advance
As far as I know, either they can't or they won't. Tried before. Makes zero sense to me but they said all you can do is 'request your store also carries the same item' by contacting corporate or something. Obviously if it's not produced any longer seems pretty useless. There were a few copies of pikmin 2 on Wii I wanted shipped from another state last year and got that answer.

Saw VIZIO 40" 4K Ultra HD LED Smart HDTV on clearance for $200. I'm hoping it drops a down little more. My store has like 6 in-stock according to brickseek.

SKU #48194204

Saw VIZIO 40" 4K Ultra HD LED Smart HDTV on clearance for $200. I'm hoping it drops a down little more. My store has like 6 in-stock according to brickseek.

SKU #48194204
None around me and I have 10 Walmart in the area. None at my inlaws and none at my parents. 6 units seems wild

As far as I know, they don't. To them, it isn't worth the extra step to find the item in another store and ship it to yours. Walmart has such a large distribution method for their stores that it'll be a waste of their time to do XYZ for one item. That's my assumption though. Still, they do not do store to store transfers.

Not gaming related (I was on my way to electonics), but they had this 3-piece cast iron pan set over by the camping stuff in a clearance section for $9.94. That was way too good of a deal to pass up considering its hard to find one at that price
Thanks for this. My local WM had the set for $8.00. They probably had 8-10 more left.

No deals whatsoever, sorry. Do your research next time instead of making an account to ask the same question in 8 different threads constantly

Explain to your kid that shit happens, and that some things are more important than a Christmas gift.
Ya'll need some fuckin help. Obv she was searching for a gift for her kid no need to be complete asshats about it. I'm sure your parents raised you to be better than that or wait maybe thats what your parents use to tell you guys "do your research" and "shit happens"

sad that someone cant come into this community ask a question without asshats like you jumping down their throat with pointless troll type responses way to represent the CAG way. pathetic.

bread's done
Back