Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked a couple local stores today. Neither had either TV marked down. Did however make friends with the electronics manager. She had no problems with my cheapness and said as long as I wasn't a "flipper" she'd always be glad to help. Even pulled a list of entire inventory with prices to let me see if there was anything I was interested in.
Nice, glad to help you and doesn't like flippers!

When I scanned the bar code from the Vizio at the store I went to it came up "see an associate." Bar codes were grabbed from brickseek.

the 4 walmarts I have gone to, the tv has been full price. I did leave the store last night with a buggy FULL of clearance items...

You can pull up barcodes on brickseek?
When you do a search there is an option under the name of the item next to the UPC code number listing. It doesn't really look like a link, but it is a link for a popup window with a printable bar code. I hadn't noticed it before. Could have always been there for all I know.

the 4 walmarts I have gone to, the tv has been full price. I did leave the store last night with a buggy FULL of clearance items...
Anything good? Give me a list if you have time. I never have any good stuff in my area, but maybe I might find something that you have in your area.

Anything good? Give me a list if you have time. I never have any good stuff in my area, but maybe I might find something that you have in your area.
PS4- world of final fantasy $25
Hunting knife 3 pack- $7
Random children's toys for my god daughter
Smak Ball game $1.50 (originally $20) - it's a ball you try to get through hoops?
Pine scented candles -$2
Lego Builder assortment box- $25
Mini TMNT lego like toy character sets $2.50
And a couple of other odds and ends.

not video game or electronics related, but I just scored a set of Black & Decker tools for $37 down from $100

47824f86b123b11bf066653b493ca6e3.jpg

Upon opening, I found out the portable bag was gutted, nothing else was missing. Meh, I need the tools than the bag.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

not video game or electronics related, but I just scored a set of Black & Decker tools for $37 down from $100

47824f86b123b11bf066653b493ca6e3.jpg

Upon opening, I found out the portable bag was gutted, nothing else was missing. Meh, I need the tools than the bag.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Nice, I was looking at a bunch of the individual boxes of black and decker tools yesterday. Do you have a sky number for this?

Checked out one of the local Walmarts tonight. Got one of the $7 4qt Crock Pots, a $7 hoodie, a $5 XTemp shirt, a cheap candle, and my wife got some clearance clothes too. No more clearance skillets, and the $100 TV is still $400 here

PS4- world of final fantasy $25
Hunting knife 3 pack- $7
Random children's toys for my god daughter
Smak Ball game $1.50 (originally $20) - it's a ball you try to get through hoops?
Pine scented candles -$2
Lego Builder assortment box- $25
Mini TMNT lego like toy character sets $2.50
And a couple of other odds and ends.
That hunting knife 3-pack looks like a good deal. Might try to find that in-store.

Clearance: LG 55LF6000 55" HDTV - 1080p LED $249

Credit to slickdeals

Plenty in-stock around my area

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=43521756
Only store that has it in stock (according to BS) still has it at $350.

Interestingly enough the store that had the Philips 50 inch at $100 also lists this one at $100. I get the feeling a manager just wanted the extra TVs gone and marked them all at $100 cause that will do it. When I hunted for the Philips the night manager specified that a "Doug" had changed it to that price and then they had sold a few the next day which I took with a grain of salt, but it was most likely a highly YMMV "manager's special". I never have stores that do that so it is certainly an odd occurrence to witness an actual good clearance deal at a Walmart.

In hopes that there was a Philips hiding somewhere I ordered it online with in store pickup at that location since it was still available the night I got back from that store. It had an estimated ready time of the next morning at 8:20 am, but the day after I received my cancellation email.

Only store that has it in stock (according to BS) still has it at $350.

Interestingly enough the store that had the Philips 50 inch at $100 also lists this one at $100. I get the feeling a manager just wanted the extra TVs gone and marked them all at $100 cause that will do it. When I hunted for the Philips the night manager specified that a "Doug" had changed it to that price and then they had sold a few the next day which I took with a grain of salt, but it was most likely a highly YMMV "manager's special". I never have stores that do that so it is certainly an odd occurrence to witness an actual good clearance deal at a Walmart.

In hopes that there was a Philips hiding somewhere I ordered it online with in store pickup at that location since it was still available the night I got back from that store. It had an estimated ready time of the next morning at 8:20 am, but the day after I received my cancellation email.
There are currently a ton of units near me and by my inlaws. Grabbed one. Beat up box, no cracks. About to drive 20 miles to a Walmart that has 7 on BS. This looks a hell of a lot better than that "55 insignia I got from BB two days ago @279

Picked up the lg 55 tv for $249. They had 2 in the back but I am not sure how they planned to sell them considering no display and no sign. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Drat...no tool sets or TVs close enough to me :whistle2:/

I could make the drive 90 miles away...but it's not worth it for the TV, but I think I'll wait and save fot a cheap 4K this fall.

IMO if you have a fully functioning 1080p TV already, waiting for a 4k TV to get cheap would be a better option.
I agree. It has a good picture but if my current tv wasn't dying, I would have waited. Depends on what you're upgrading from.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

48" Sony 1080P LED Smart TV $200 YMMV

I was at Walmart last night and I was told by the Manager that the 48" Sony TV dropped from $400 to $200 on Thursday night. Manager was going to sell me the display model for $170, but I decided to pass on it. I was told that I wouldn't see a huge difference if I upgrade my 720p TV to 1080p so I guess I'll wait for 4K. Probably get one once I get my Tax refund.

Note: This deal is not on slickdeals so you guys are the first to see it. I also saw Quantum Break Collector's Edition for $30.

c342a09d3b.jpg
c34299117f.jpg

c359f59862.jpg

I just had the find of the year at a local Walmart, and I really didn't want to post about it because I thought that it would get CAGs to flood my inbox with trade requests, which I hope doesn't happen, but I have to tell someone. 

I went to Walmart after work this evening to buy a $10 Nintendo eShop card, and I found a table in electronics that was literally covered with video games.  On the front was a sign that said "All Games on this Table - $3 Each."  I nearly had an orgasm in the middle of the electronics section, no joke.

Here's what I bought on the first round:

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (PS4)

Project Cars (XB1)

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U)

Rocket League (PC)

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (PS3)

Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin (XB360)

Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition (XB360)

Ryse: Legendary Edition (XB1)

Thief (XB1)

Kinect Sports Rivals (XB1)

Helldivers (PS4)

Tearaway: Crafted Edition (PS4)

Just Dance 2014 (XB360)

The Wolf Among Us (XB360)

After I took the first batch of games to the car, I went back two minutes later and bought these:

Rabbids Invasion (PS4)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)

Dead Space 3: Limited Edition (360)

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)

Sniper Elite III: Ultimate Edition (360)

Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection (360)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance with Walmart exclusive soundtrack (PS3)

Just Dance 4 (360)

Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition (360)

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition with 1-month Xbox Live Gold (360)

I grabbed what I could since the table was swarmed with people, but I think I did OK considering that most of these games were games that I probably would want even if they weren't $3 each.  There weren't any portable titles (3DS or Vita) by the time I got there if there ever were any.  I probably won't be going back because that Walmart isn't in the greatest area, and I have seen on the news that people have gotten robbed in that parking lot before, so I'm glad I got my loot to the car with no issues.  And, I have no clue how to post a photo of the receipt, so you guys probably won't believe me, but for a CAG/collector/hoarder like me, this was the best day ever!!!

I just had the find of the year at a local Walmart, and I really didn't want to post about it because I thought that it would get CAGs to flood my inbox with trade requests, which I hope doesn't happen, but I have to tell someone.

I went to Walmart after work this evening to buy a $10 Nintendo eShop card, and I found a table in electronics that was literally covered with video games. On the front was a sign that said "All Games on this Table - $3 Each." I nearly had an orgasm in the middle of the electronics section, no joke.

Here's what I bought on the first round:

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (PS4)
Project Cars (XB1)
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U)
Rocket League (PC)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (PS3)
Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin (XB360)
Sniper Elite V2: Silver Star Edition (XB360)
Ryse: Legendary Edition (XB1)
Thief (XB1)
Kinect Sports Rivals (XB1)
Helldivers (PS4)
Tearaway: Crafted Edition (PS4)
Just Dance 2014 (XB360)
The Wolf Among Us (XB360)

After I took the first batch of games to the car, I went back two minutes later and bought these:

Rabbids Invasion (PS4)
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
Dead Space 3: Limited Edition (360)
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
Sniper Elite III: Ultimate Edition (360)
Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection (360)
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance with Walmart exclusive soundtrack (PS3)
Just Dance 4 (360)
Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition (360)
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)
World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition with 1-month Xbox Live Gold (360)

I grabbed what I could since the table was swarmed with people, but I think I did OK considering that most of these games were games that I probably would want even if they weren't $3 each. There weren't any portable titles (3DS or Vita) by the time I got there if there ever were any. I probably won't be going back because that Walmart isn't in the greatest area, and I have seen on the news that people have gotten robbed in that parking lot before, so I'm glad I got my loot to the car with no issues. And, I have no clue how to post a photo of the receipt, so you guys probably won't believe me, but for a CAG/collector/hoarder like me, this was the best day ever!!!
Nice, I had a table with 5, 10 and 20$ labeled bins. Nothing was accurate or worth the asking price.

I just went back to the same store an hour ago because I never bought what I went in for in the first place. Since two hours had passed, the $3 game table was nearly cleared out except for a few which were mostly old sports titles, but I grabbed some more commons:

Borderlands 2 (PS3)
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (360)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
Nike Kinect Training (360)
Sesame Street 123 for Kinect (360)
The Wolf Among Us (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Game of the Year Edition (PS3)

I also grabbed an extra Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Wii U) and PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (PS3). However, despite the fact that I now own a Sesame Street video game, I could not add a copy of Duck Dynasty to my collection. There was a large stack of Duck Dynasty for PS4 and Xbox One, but I refuse to help support those guys.

My walmart sucks when it comes to game clearance but all other clearance it's pretty decent . Nice work Jose ! :)
Thanks. The funniest part was how the soccer moms were filling up their carts with NBA Live and NHL games from two or three years ago. My main competition was two other adult men who were grabbing up all the PS4 and Xbox One games. The few kids who were there were hovering around the table but it seemed like they didn't recognize any of the titles, so they mostly glanced at them and walked away. So the games that I bought were pretty much the best of what they had to offer. And I play my 360 and my PS3 more than my Xbox One and my PS4, so I love to find a last-gen bonanza for dirt cheap prices. Now, to keep to the promise I made to myself that I wouldn't buy another video game for the rest of the month...which might last through the weekend given my spending habits.

The two Wal-Marts by me are absolutely terrible. One has 75% of its movie selection only for DVD. Enough said there. The other has Call of Duty: Ghosts Hardened Edition for $60 and Assassin's Creed 3 limited edition for $120.

Picked up Tearaway, Dungeons 2, and Shovel Knight PS4 for 5 each and Devil Survivor 2 3DS for 10. Fair prices.
Your post on Dungeons 2 got me to check my local Walmarts and while none of them had it for $5, every single one of them had it for $14.88 which still seems to be a decent price for the game.

One store has 4 of them, tempted. 2 inputs is the only thing holding me back (XB, PS4, Chromecast currently), the 120hz caught my eye.
I doubt it's actually 120hz, I'm sure it's like samsung and other companies where they call it something else to deceive.

Who here know the way around discover cards price protection policy? Can I buy something and immediately do a claim or should I try and wait a day?

bread's done
Back