Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
got the SKU for the Wii U?

also check brickseek for the black friday 3ds systems... One store had it priced at 49 but I couldnt find it and associates were no help

My local Walmart has a couple Super Mario 3D Wii U Bundle for $154 each.
that's a pretty good price. I've been in the fence for a long time but never pulled the trigger. If I was able to find one for that price is it a pretty safe bet I could sell it off to get my money back if I don't like it?

Double strike out for me.  Same store had 3 of the Foodsavers and 1 of the 4k Samsung TVs showing, but no luck.   Employees only had the newer pdas and both came up as NOF, despite scanning the UPC from brickseek at a price checker and both showing on file with the clearance price.  :wall:

Double strike out for me. Same store had 3 of the Foodsavers and 1 of the 4k Samsung TVs showing, but no luck. Employees only had the newer pdas and both came up as NOF, despite scanning the UPC from brickseek at a price checker and both showing on file with the clearance price. :wall:
If you check with the people by the fitting room, they usually have the old style PDA.

There's two somewhat near me, but it doesn't appear to support HDR, so not worth it IMO.

Thanks for posting it though.
After reading your comment, it looks like Samsung updated the firmware to support HDR. I did a bunch of searches and it sounds like everyone with the TV is getting HDR after updating the firmware. There are only 3 within 50 miles of me... Decisions decisions.

After reading your comment, it looks like Samsung updated the firmware to support HDR. I did a bunch of searches and it sounds like everyone with the TV is getting HDR after updating the firmware. There are only 3 within 50 miles of me... Decisions decisions.
Time to go check. The ghetto one near me supposedly has 2.

And nope. Plenty 6401, no 6400s. Tempted to drive, but the others only say 1. Dilemma, since rule #1 is don't call.

I drove out 90 minutes yesterday to this country ass Walmart that had two in stock. Came back with nothing

​Same disappointment here.  Been out of town and saw this thread last night at 10.  I had to be at work at 4am, but my wife really wanted to go check it out despite my insistence that it probably wouldn't be there since BS listed 1 and the app stated limited supply.  She and a friend drove the 25 minutes to find it wasn't actually there.  I had hope after missing out on the $100 Philips 50"s that were actually in stock at a local store, but I waited too long to check out.  She did come back with a greater appreciation of my deal hunting and dealing with clueless employees. 

I drove out 90 minutes yesterday to this country ass Walmart that had two in stock. Came back with nothing
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. I think have all been burned by the walmart brickseek stock checker.

I don't drive over 30 minutes unless I ordered it online for in store pick up and the item will be ready that day so the in store clearence price will override the online price

Got up this morning to see if the Halo 5 Xbox One controllers were still there.  They weren't.  Another case of missing out because I was too lazy to take a drive after work earlier this week.  I was able to get the last copy of Halo 3 for 360 for $3 and the last copy of Twisted Metal for PS3 for $7.  I also found two Marvel Legends action figures for $5 each - the comic book sculpt of Dr. Strange and the Enchantress.  For some reason, the others from that wave of Legends figures rang up for full price.

This set put me on a deep dive and I'm tempted to jump on a 55" LG with HDR at Target for $500.

http://www.target.com/p/lg-55-uhd-4k-hdr-120hz-smart-webos-3-0-led-tv-black-55uh6030/-/A-51511852?lnk=fiatsCookie
In case anyone else is interested. Solid reviews, HDR10 and DolbyVision modes.
Same here. We need a new TV for our bedroom, so I was really let down on striking out on that sammy. I may end up splurging on this one instead (plentiful stock around here):

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=189122650

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-uhd-tvs/55-class-ku6290-6-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku6290fxza/

For the 3DS version? Brickseek is showing a couple available in my area for for $39.96 though. Wii U version is showing $30 at a couple of stores. I've never played or followed the game, are they rare or becoming rare?
im guessing its simply OOP. i too have a few floating around by me for 39.99 as well.

Same here. We need a new TV for our bedroom, so I was really let down on striking out on that sammy. I may end up splurging on this one instead (plentiful stock around here):

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=189122650

http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/4k-uhd-tvs/55-class-ku6290-6-series-4k-uhd-tv-2016-model-un55ku6290fxza/
Interesting. Leaning the LG I found because it straight out says it's an IPS panel, as well as being a digital tuner vs analog on that Samsung (according to Best Buy's site, comparing both models).

Nevermind. They're both scaring me now, would buy the Samsung between the two. Rtings.com is blowing my mind.

I was skimming through stuff on brickseek and I discovered a walmart in my state has 67 copies of super smash bros brawl for $15 each  :rofl:

For the 3DS version? Brickseek is showing a couple available in my area for for $39.96 though. Wii U version is showing $30 at a couple of stores. I've never played or followed the game, are they rare or becoming rare?
well i looked today...only found 2. one in the clearance area at 39.99 and another behind the glass.

overall today i think was a good day....good past 2 days. a halo 5 controller.

got several animal crossing special editions for 15 dollars on the 3ds(i think this might be the standard wal mart price if you find it as i saw it at two wal marts), a fire emblem on the 3ds for 20 bucks, monster hunter 3ds for 15. several of those yoshi woolly worlds for 20.

a few devil survivor 2's including a special edition for 20 bucks.

and other crap im too lazy to remember off the top of my head.

Picked up my Woolly World, they had a mountain of those Samsung 4k sets with the 498 sign from the ceiling despite it being 598 on the back wall. Even if it is medium quality, I'm realizing it's going to be at least 1k to get something really nice.

Yoshi's Woolly World + Pink Yarn Yoshi Amiibo is in stock at a store near me for 39.88. Can I price match it? It's out of stock on the website.

I just called them and they don't have it in stock. :/
never call.

why? either you let a fellow SD CAG in on the gig and you screw yourself or you end up with a brain dead employee who can't check stock and read and listen and this is a far higher percentage than getting a good employee.

as for price matching it is YMMV. depends on the employee you get honestly. one store i price matched when it was out of stock the next i didnt.

brick seek is hit and miss.

theres no rhyme or reason to wal mart experiences and clearances it.

never call.

why? either you let a fellow SD CAG in on the gig and you screw yourself or you end up with a brain dead employee who can't check stock and read and listen and this is a far higher percentage than getting a good employee.

as for price matching it is YMMV. depends on the employee you get honestly. one store i price matched when it was out of stock the next i didnt.

brick seek is hit and miss.

theres no rhyme or reason to wal mart experiences and clearances it.
Ok then It's not really worth it to go then. I don't have the cash and I'm going to have walk a long distance.

I struck out at the only Walmart in my area that has the 48" 4K ZOMG Samsung TV. The guy went to the back to look for it but couldn't find it. We'll see if that '1' changes to a '0' soon. :)

I managed to pick up the last Pink Yoshi Amiibo Woolly World. Had to get them to match the website price. They had a few Mario Party 10 bundles, but wasn't interested.

I struck out at the only Walmart in my area that has the 48" 4K ZOMG Samsung TV. The guy went to the back to look for it but couldn't find it. We'll see if that '1' changes to a '0' soon. :)
In my experience that usually means its a display model, and 9 times out of 10 they don't come with a base.

bread's done
Back