Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I did find these.[attachment=25686:IMG_20170228_110555.jpg][attachment=25687:IMG_20170228_110955.jpg][attachment=25688:IMG_20170228_111035.jpg]

Went to this Walmart this weekend looking for the Mario WiiU Bundle, case was empty, employee scanned the barcode on the shelf claimed it indeed in stock but info didn't return the location, refused to go to the back and look. BS count remained as 1 until today, which just now changes to 0.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

well. Bust at walmart on iPad.  Brickseek said 1.  The guy legitimately looked in case and couldn't find it.  Today brickseek says 0, so some other employee found it.....  fuck  :wall:

well. Bust at walmart on iPad. Brickseek said 1. The guy legitimately looked in case and couldn't find it. Today brickseek says 0, so some other employee found it..... fuck :wall:
Same here, I am starting to see a pattern with other CAGs experiencing the same thing.

Went to this Walmart this weekend looking for the Mario WiiU Bundle, case was empty, employee scanned the barcode on the shelf claimed it indeed in stock but info didn't return the location, refused to go to the back and look. BS count remained as 1 until today, which just now changes to 0.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
found a store with 4. $154 and out the door. I probally should have went ahead and bought the other 3.

I found 2 copies of Tales of Xillia 2 for $7 near me. I bought both. Kept one because I needed it for my Ps3 collection and I traded the other one to GameStop for $12 towards Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! I also snagged Back to the Future: The Game, Sherlock Holmes Crime and Punishment, and Project Cars for $7. They also had Super Mario Galaxy for $9 as well.

I grabbed a $10 Super Mario Galaxy from my Wal-Mart to replace the one that I spilled a milkshake on. *sigh* Also snagged a SSBB for $15. I played this game at a friend's house and was not good at it so my price point was $10. But 10 years later and the cheapest price that I've seen for it being $20, I figured $15 was doable.

found a store with 4. $154 and out the door. I probally should have went ahead and bought the other 3.
This deal is great! I picked up two (although they had 4 at the time). Looking back, I should've swiped all 4. But I wanted to share the wealth with others, lol...

I grabbed a $10 Super Mario Galaxy from my Wal-Mart to replace the one that I spilled a milkshake on. *sigh* Also snagged a SSBB for $15. I played this game at a friend's house and was not good at it so my price point was $10. But 10 years later and the cheapest price that I've seen for it being $20, I figured $15 was doable.
I spilled a cup of coffee on a stack of games a few years ago. One of those was the original Marvel vs Capcom 3 for Xbox 360, and the cover was soaked. After that, I swore that neither I nor anyone else would eat or drink near my games again.

I did find these.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20170228_110555.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20170228_110955.jpg
attachicon.gif
IMG_20170228_111035.jpg
I bought a bunch of those AC/DC but for the PS3 on Sams club last year for $0.09 just for the cases lol

I got lucky with the Wii U bundle for $154 at a little cow town Store I was passing through. I was about to open it up last night but decided to check eBay first. Looks like those things are going for at least $350 new & and unopened. I might just have to let it go for that much.

Is brickseek 100% accurate on the prices? I see one in stock close to me but no discount yet. Would it be worth driving over to have them do a price check?

Is brickseek 100% accurate on the prices? I see one in stock close to me but no discount yet. Would it be worth driving over to have them do a price check?
In my experience, brickseek is more reliable than the shelf price. 99% of the time brickseek is up to date on price. Stock not so much

I was able to get a Yoshi Wooly World Pink amiibo budle for $19.96. I didn't know which color it was so I asked a cashier to show it to me. Luckily it was the pink one which is the only one still at $19.96. I convinced the cashier into price matching it for me. She told me she couldn't price match it if it was OOS. I showed her product page on the website on my phone. She tried to get me to add it to the cart but I told her that I couldn't. I didn't notice it at first but it said OOS in small letters. I avoided showing her that and she was able to price match it.

Several items on clearance at my local store keep dropping in price every week. The only thing that look good are the nunchuck, Wii/Wii U sensor bar and AC amiibo cards. Wii/ Wii U sensor bar dropped from $15>$11>$8. AC amiibo cards $5>$3. The nunchuck is still at $15.

Call of Duty AW Limited Edition Xbox One Controller - $25

Sku: 38690831

Since they were red stickered I was able to get them for $12.50

Almost all amiibo (except the Zelda BotW ones obviously) have dropped at my local stores. The newer SM series, the OoT Link and 8-Bit Link are $6. The Wind Waker 2 pack is $12.

Grabbed the pro controller for $25.  Between this and the $20 Captain Toad and Yoshi WW Amiibo bundles, I'm enjoying these clearance prices as somebody that didn't get a Wii U until recently (I had been picking up cheap games like the Bayonetta 2 combo before I even had a system).

Wiimotes and nunchucks were $5 each at my walmart yesterday. All they had left was Luigi and Princess. The only nunchucks were white. I got quite a few. They also had a liquid metal wireless Power A pro like controller for $5. They had the Zelda PDP zelda controller for $5. I got broken age PC in box for $1 (It has a disk but it says it's a steam code--I've not opened it yet to figure out what it really is). They had Guitar Hero live with two controllers for Xbox one for $10. They had matchbox cars for a quarter each. My son got a porsche. He has good taste.

Wiimotes and nunchucks were $5 each at my walmart yesterday. All they had left was Luigi and Princess. The only nunchucks were white. I got quite a few. They also had a liquid metal wireless Power A pro like controller for $5. They had the Zelda PDP zelda controller for $5. I got broken age PC in box for $1 (It has a disk but it says it's a steam code--I've not opened it yet to figure out what it really is). They had Guitar Hero live with two controllers for Xbox one for $10. They had matchbox cars for a quarter each. My son got a porsche. He has good taste.
Most Walmart clearance is YMMV but these Wii discounts seem to be slowly hitting all the stores. Very encouraging news

Oh wow... I hope Guitar Hero Live with 2 controllers is gonna be nationwide new price.... I got my bundle that only comes with 1 controller for $16 iirc from BBY

I'm patiently waiting for Super Mario Maker & Twilight Princess HD w/ the Amiibo to drop in price.  Not sure if it will ever happen, but one can hope.  Every Walmart per BS shows them still at full price!  

Picked up the last 2 Wii U Pro Controllers for $25 at my local walmart. I just ordered a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo, so I'm stoked!

Grabbed a Mario controller and Pro controller last night, might grab another if they get sub 20 bucks.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, thought I was in the other Walmart thread.

The Hori Mario Kart 8 Wii U Wheels were $5 at my local Walmart. These are not dedicated steering wheels. Just a shell to put a Wii controller into, but if you can't find these used at GameStop, $5 is a decent price. I saw Mario red and Luigi green. I bought the last Mario red.

Also, is anyone here into action figures? I keep finding Marvel Legends figures on clearance for $5, but they never seem to have the ones I'd like. Picked up two Sharon Carter figures and one Whirlwind figure.

I was going to check out a couple Walmarts for pro controllers. I had two from Best Buy clearance a few years ago. I stopped at GameStop first to pickup my switch and found two pro controllers marked as wii classic controllers, $9 each.

bread's done
Back