Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Not mindblowing, but found the GOTY version of :ps4: Dragon Age Inquisition at one store for $25. The DLC voucher expires on 10/13.
thanks for the reminder on the voucher expiration. Made no sense why this GOTY voucher have expiration date so close, Far Cry 3 season pass expire 2099

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

So while on vacation in Alabama, stopped at a random walmart. Found a copy of Zelda Orcaina of time for 3ds for $5. Seems to be the only one in the whole state. Also got a copy of elder scrolls oblivion goty for $12. Also grabbed a wii u sensor bar for $11.

They're selling the Wii U Pro controller for $25 at my local Wal-Mart, but I just don't know if I'd get much use out of it, since that system is dead and I don't know what else can be used with it. Tell me do, CAG members, is it worth the trouble?

Man, this darth vader controller is impossible to get. Been to 2 different stores and neither store could locate any of them. Checked some of the stores this morning and one of the stores dropped to zero. Employees must be hoarding them bad.

Half tempted to drive 40 miles to (hopefully) nab 2 wiiu pro controllers. 

Yes, i realize gas costs money BUT THE THRILL OF THE HUNT you know

I was about by a Walmart I don't usually frequent and ended up with one of the $64 Razer XB1 controllers.  Anyone have any experience with them, are they worth it?  Reviews I read said full price wasn't, but at half price?

Also, is anyone here into action figures? I keep finding Marvel Legends figures on clearance for $5, but they never seem to have the ones I'd like. Picked up two Sharon Carter figures and one Whirlwind figure.
There's a store an hour away that's showing both of those figures for a dollar each. I wasn't too interested in either, but thinking about making the trip for that price.

EDIT: Same store also shows Mockingbird and Nick Fury for a dollar. But all of these figures show 12 in stock. Should I be doubting the accuracy?

Two walmarts next to me seem to be hiding there luigi wii remotes according to Brickseek. They also refuse to look them up in there computer or check in the back.

I finally found some good deals after visiting 8 Walmarts.

1st Walmart:
Journey Collector's Edition $5
Wonderful 101 $15
Killzone Shadow Fall $9

3rd Walmart:
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U) $5
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (X1) $5

5th Walmart (second visit):
Bayonetta 2 $15
Xenoblade Chronicles X $15
Mario & Sonic at the Rio Games $30
Ori and the Blind Forest DE $10
Kirby's Epic Yarn $15

These were the notable deals as the other 5 stores didn't have anything worth mentioning in clearance games. Several stores did have the themed Wiimotes ($25) and pro controllers ($37) though. I'm going to go back to see if the latter dropped in price. For anyone frustrated with a lack a finds, try a second trip to your store, it might pay off.
[attachment=25771:IMG_0692.JPG]

There's a store an hour away that's showing both of those figures for a dollar each. I wasn't too interested in either, but thinking about making the trip for that price.

EDIT: Same store also shows Mockingbird and Nick Fury for a dollar. But all of these figures show 12 in stock. Should I be doubting the accuracy?
With Brickseek, it's always a gamble but in my area, it's been pretty much spot-on unless items are sold out or are being held off the shelf. I could see a common Marvel Legends figure hitting one dollar if the shelf tag hadn't been changed. Walmart is often slow on changing tags or moving clearance items to areas with other clearance items.

Two walmarts next to me seem to be hiding there luigi wii remotes according to Brickseek. They also refuse to look them up in there computer or check in the back.
Mine has a lot of wii u accessories on clearance but none of it is out on the floor. They even have one of those 3rd party NES classic controllers on sale for $7

Thanks guys. Was able to find a Wii U Pro Controller at one of my Walmart stores. Guy getting it out of the case was unhappy. It appeared to be hidden behind some Skylanders carrying cases. Prob by him.

Make sure you scan games to get their actual prices if they are still in the system. Yesterday I picked up:

3DS:
Shovel Knight - $7 (marked $15)
Duck Dynasty - $3 (marked $15) (lol)

The Evil Within - $5

Got 2 Wii U Pro Controllers for $25 each today for my new Wii U Mario land bundle I got last week.  Super stoked!  Thanks to everyone that contributed to the Wii U clearance info.

Picked up the last 2 Wii U Controllers for $25, 2 Wiimote Captain Toad $20 and Nunchuck for $10 at my local Walmart!!!!

Edit: Probably return one captain toad and one nunchuck. I'm only needed for playing LoZ SS and Metroid Prime Trilogy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a store in my area with a bunch of 2tb WD hdd's for $39 and a couple of 3tb for $59. But I have had no luck finding any of them or finding someone capable and willing to help locate them.

With Brickseek, it's always a gamble but in my area, it's been pretty much spot-on unless items are sold out or are being held off the shelf. I could see a common Marvel Legends figure hitting one dollar if the shelf tag hadn't been changed. Walmart is often slow on changing tags or moving clearance items to areas with other clearance items.
In my experience, Brickseek is accurate on the price, but I found six different figures that are priced at $1, and all of them show 12 in stock. It seemed odd that they would all show the same number, so I called the store and was told they don't actually have them in stock. It was too good to be true.

There is a store in my area with a bunch of 2tb WD hdd's for $39 and a couple of 3tb for $59. But I have had no luck finding any of them or finding someone capable and willing to help locate them.
These people give you shit if you ask them to scan for a price so I'm not surprised no one is willing to help you find them. Then they always have that same dumb look on their face - oh it is cheaper? ...b..bb..ut the infallible price sticker...

In my experience, Brickseek is accurate on the price, but I found six different figures that are priced at $1, and all of them show 12 in stock. It seemed odd that they would all show the same number, so I called the store and was told they don't actually have them in stock. It was too good to be true.
Perhaps Brickseek is pulling that particular wave instead of the actual figures themselves. That might be where the 12 is coming from (12 figures in a case). I used to work for Kay-Bee Toys years ago. I'm just assuming that's what's happening. I wish we had something like Brickseek back then.

Saw these games at Walmart. A little older but fairly cheap.

404e5ad3ee374eb000d5ca07d5599418.jpg

3c99304c9d7de5409490841bba499b70.jpg

Do you have the sku? Thanks

Perhaps Brickseek is pulling that particular wave instead of the actual figures themselves. That might be where the 12 is coming from (12 figures in a case). I used to work for Kay-Bee Toys years ago. I'm just assuming that's what's happening. I wish we had something like Brickseek back then.
Walmarts are weird with toy inventories. Stuff like electronics is easier because they NEED to keep track of those big ticket items. When it comes to toys though, they give less of a crap than video game stuff.

I track whenever they get in new transformers by using the Assortment SKU. With marvel legends though, certain waves are lumped in the same SKU, Like Xmen is all one sku, Avengers and Captain America will be the same SKU for those waves and the same with anything Spiderman in Marvel Legends.

I've even seen where some walmarts will create their own SKU for toys clearance and it usually makes it impossible for it to find.

Like the local walmart here got in those Power Ranger Movie Trex zords super early, someone put it out on the floor, and when there was no shelf space for it to occupy, my walmart put in the clearance section for the odd amount of $41.28.

TL;DR with toys (besides legos) its a shit show lol

The easiest way is to ask for a manager then give them the upc and ask them to look in the backroom.

I saw a few PS3 Slim Uncharted 3 Bundles for $99.  I was very tempted to buy one but decided not to.  I may go back though.

Not sure why, but GOW III remastered PS4 was $10 in a Wally store. All other Walmarts near me have it at $19.93. Picked it up though.
SKU 44665433

I checked my local Walmart which showed 42 of the Nick Fury figure for $15. There were only two; one in the clearance isle with a $15 yellow price sticker on it and one in the toy isle. There were maybe 30 ML figures altogether, spread across 3 or 4 waves. And the Fury actually rang up as $20.

Nathan_Sama's right. It's a shit show.

Went to a few Walmart and found the legendary bin of games , unfortunately they were over priced like $15-$20
[attachment=25782:IMG_0063.JPG]

Did find Cabela's African Adventures for $9 on xb1 not sure if it has been mentioned. Sku is 43647112
[attachment=25783:IMG_0062.JPG]

I finally found some good deals after visiting 8 Walmarts.

5th Walmart (second visit):
Bayonetta 2 $15
Xenoblade Chronicles X $15
Mario & Sonic at the Rio Games $30
Ori and the Blind Forest DE $10
Kirby's Epic Yarn $15
Rio Games @ $30 is an excellent price. The game is currently $70-80 on the secondary market.

Half tempted to drive 40 miles to (hopefully) nab 2 wiiu pro controllers.

Yes, i realize gas costs money BUT THE THRILL OF THE HUNT you know
Lol. I just did that today 40 miles and for that exact reason pro controller and also grabbed two nunchucks. Was not disappointed.

They also had the Xbox One Armed Forces controllers for $30 but I rarely touch my Xbox so I passed.

c435fc392f787b23e4192ea2a59e2b82.jpg

whats shocking to me is the controllers aren't behind a security case/ peg blocker thing

def not true in my area

bread's done
Back