Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel like driving out of my way just to see if the store might have one to buy.

The only store with docks with large numbers still has it for $60.

I might go after work if still in stock, if I get some ill let you guys know so you can get some on the low

If anyone could grab a spare.. I could use the remote..

(None around me)

My button sticks for whatever reason, would appreciate a new one.

Send me a PM! :pray:

Dying light the following enhanced edition ps4 $5

Witcher 3 game of the year edition ps4 $5

panorama ca location

they had about 8 long boxes full of clearance games most of it was crap ps3 and xbox 360 games but there was 2 or 3 ps4 and xbox one games. alot of duck dynasty lol

Are

Dying light the following enhanced edition ps4 $5

Witcher 3 game of the year edition ps4 $5

panorama ca location

they had about 8 long boxes full of clearance games most of it was crap ps3 and xbox 360 games but there was 2 or 3 ps4 and xbox one games. alot of duck dynasty lol
Are these prices showing on brickseek?

that 128GB Samsung microsd from a few weeks ago started dropping at other stores finally, not quite as low as some places had it, but it's down to $25 at a few here now

How YMMV is the return/rebuy on the Canon t6 bundle?  One Walmart close to me has it full price and the other has it at 249 but OOS.  What's the worst that can happen?

This is 2 cents at some stores. They might be locked though so good luck getting an employee to allow it. It does show as 2 cents in the Walmart App.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17617564

c179ffaa-16f3-434e-8134-9ccbf0f12bf1_1.c90e73224fb0531b83dbb18ae4b7ba9f.jpeg
Just curious how do you actually get the app to show that price, assuming you meant the phone app

If you lived in DFW and planning to go to the Walmart on 75 to look for the $13 microsd, don't bother. Employees stashed all of them, I was only able to grab 1. about 20 units no where to be found

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

One store near me shows it at $249 and another at $139. Both out of stock, of course. Definitely going to keep an eye on it.
Really, unless you're looking for just a basic beginner DSLR, I wouldn't get it to use. Even a t5i would be a better purchase.

stopped to check on getting those docks, store showed them in stock but they were nowhere to be found, sorry fellas

Really, unless you're looking for just a basic beginner DSLR, I wouldn't get it to use. Even a t5i would be a better purchase.
Well it's got to be better than the Sony point and shoot I'm using right now. So how receptive is Walmart to return/rebuy, especially if the stores are kind of close to each other?

Well it's got to be better than the Sony point and shoot I'm using right now. So how receptive is Walmart to return/rebuy, especially if the stores are kind of close to each other?
Really tough to say. Seems up to the individual and the unique situation. I can say I've had better luck at small town stores than city ones but YMMV. some people on here claim that telling the employee ahead of time their motive works best. Didn't in my case. I said I wanted to swap payment methods or just return and "get a different model" then couple min later after the refund (expensive items usually need manager override at the cheaper store because the system recognizes the price difference but it's usually fine) I come back up with something else I want to buy or say "the other model was OOS guess I'll just take these back... BTW they now show up as cheaper online/in store, will it still ring up that way?" Then they do it and it does. Again YMMV though. I've gotten 3 laptops ($279 at most stores but $69 and OOS at few others) this way. Great gifts at Christmas :D

Any sku's on those discounted games, dying light?
Do people not realize there is a search function?

Those universal docks were recalled. At least that's what the manager told me.
If that's the case, then they're register locked and can't be sold. I went through this last year over a severely reduced blender that was tagged as a "recall" despite still being sold on Walmart.com at a much higher price. Manager couldn't override it.

If that's the case, then they're register locked and can't be sold. I went through this last year over a severely reduced blender that was tagged as a "recall" despite still being sold on Walmart.com at a much higher price. Manager couldn't override it.
Yeah, if the PoS rings them up as "do not sell" then you're SoL.

My Walmart has a 49" LG 4k TV for $350. Model 49uh60. That's really tempting...Ugh. I wonder how much I could sell my 50" 1080p Sharp TV for. Bought it Black Friday 3 years ago

They still have that Alienware alpha for $200. Is it possible it could drop in price over time?

My Walmart has a 49" LG 4k TV for $350. Model 49uh60. That's really tempting...Ugh. I wonder how much I could sell my 50" 1080p Sharp TV for. Bought it Black Friday 3 years ago

They still have that Alienware alpha for $200. Is it possible it could drop in price over time?
$200 for an Alienware Alpha is a pretty good price if you can afford one. I don't know how Walmart clearance works in regards to whether or not prices drop further or not.

$200 for an Alienware Alpha is a pretty good price if you can afford one. I don't know how Walmart clearance works in regards to whether or not prices drop further or not.
It's worth well over $300 new on eBay so yes it's a good price but it's an older model. It came out in 2014 so it's not exactly powerful. I'm not sure if I want to risk paying $200 when I'm not sure how well it will run newer games like Battlefield 1 and Cities Skylines.

It's worth well over $300 new on eBay so yes it's a good price but it's an older model. It came out in 2014 so it's not exactly powerful. I'm not sure if I want to risk paying $200 when I'm not sure how well it will run newer games like Battlefield 1 and Cities Skylines.
It's a good receptacle for your older (PS3/360-era) Steam games for sure, and it plays those right out of the box, but you're right about it possibly not running newer games with the machine's factory specs although you can upgrade everything except the GPU. I just bought mine in order to take advantage of bundles and the seasonal Steam sales, and I never upgraded my Alpha since that was my main concern. I buy more recent games on PSN and Xbox Live anyway since I own PS4 and Xbox One too. But it's a pretty cool device. And there is still an active community for it on Reddit that will advise you on how to upgrade it and if it will run the games that you want to play or not, so I would ask your questions there. Also, the newer Steam machines don't include Windows or the Hivemind interface which is why a factory sealed one is probably going for so much on Ebay. Again, I would say that if you think $200 for a system is too much to pay, pass. If you have the money to burn, go for it. I'd just buy it, ask those questions on the Alpha subReddit, and then return it if it won't play those games. No sense in letting someone else get the deal and you missing out on it.

bread's done
Back