Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't mean it isn't in the store. Plenty of deleted items are in stores and can be added back to inventory (usually at full price).
Yeah, but there's still the language gap between a Midwesterner and a Wal-Mart employee at the Arizona/Mexico border. I'd go somewhere more accommodating, but at the moment, it's Nogales or nothin'.

I wouldn't get too excited about those 128GB memory cards. I went to my local Wal-Mart today and inquired about them, asking first about the product and then giving the USB code. The employee looked it up on a palm-sized device, which claimed that the item had been deleted from the store's inventory. So much for those five memory cards Brickseek claimed were still in stock.

I'm not putting a lot of stock in Brickseek's predictions from this point forward. I've been disappointed once too often.
Usually they're thrown in a bin/box of deleted items in the back. Just requires a competent and willing employee to go find the stuff.

Finally got one of the mythical 128GB MicroSD cards today.

The guy had to go to the back to grab it, and he found only one of the 8 remaining that they showed.  (they had sold 5 last Thursday after I was in there and they told me they didn't have them, then 3 more between Friday and today)

Finally got one of the mythical 128GB MicroSD cards today.

The guy had to go to the back to grab it, and he found only one of the 8 remaining that they showed. (they had sold 5 last Thursday after I was in there and they told me they didn't have them, then 3 more between Friday and today)
I've basically give up. Tried four stores, all saying a good amount of stock on BS, and nothing was found.

I've basically give up. Tried four stores, all saying a good amount of stock on BS, and nothing was found.
My closest store(5 minutes away) shows 26 in stock. They said they are likely somewhere in the back, but they are in the process of remodeling Electronics, so I didn't bug them to go look.

They've been regularly hauling deleted stuff out to the clearance aisle, so I'm sure they'll show up eventually.

My closest store(5 minutes away) shows 26 in stock. They said they are likely somewhere in the back, but they are in the process of remodeling Electronics, so I didn't bug them to go look.

They've been regularly hauling deleted stuff out to the clearance aisle, so I'm sure they'll show up eventually.
Heard that excuse at one store. Heading to one more today. Strangely this store doesn't even exist on BS.

I would pre-order Cars 3 on Wii U as well if that's any indication of it being rare soon.
Try Darksiders Warmastered Edition. Came out today, NO big box US retailer that I saw is even listing it on their site except on Amazon and its already backordered.

Not a clearance but the ultimate of YMMV's just went out of stock at one store in FL... 

vchBh8E.jpg

Found a few of the 128GB Samsung cards at my local finally.  Looked all over for them and couldn't find them for a few weeks and they popped up in the clearance aisle.  Still at the $25 price, but I'll do a return rebuy if possible when it drops again.

didn't realize that had ever even made it to retail outlets
yeah they recalled it a couple days before it came out. I doubt anyone actually had one at this point probably just an inventory error. I'm sure that thing is worth several hundred bucks for the handfulit out in existence somewhere.
I still have the demo for it on my 360. Easily the most horrible looking/playing game I've ever seen.

I see one listing on brickseek in the Nashville area for the Nighthawk 1900 wireless router for $7. Limited stock, 0 quantity. YMMV. Would be an amazing find at that price.

20170524_132144.jpg

Best finds in a long time for me. Finally got a Micro SD Card for $13. Fire Emblem Conquest is not bad for that price albeit not great.

Here's the link for the FE game:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=48173943

Good hunting!
Still can't find that $13 Samsung card, found the peg marked $13 but it's empty, employee said it's somewhere in a box & they're remodeling and they don't know where anything is at -_-

FE Conquest has been $20 here for a while now, looking back posts... noticed it a few days before I asked about the SW PS4 Darth Vader bundle https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/354427-walmart-ymmv-in-store-clearance-thread-i/?p=13713613 I don't know if I should get FE or wait until it drops further, my store probably has over 25 copies left last time I looked at the bin. Maybe overstocked....I wonder if I should get proactive in hiding games until future markdowns :whee: just kidding XDD

They're selling a lot of 3DS/DS games 50% off atm.. Mostly shovelware like the badly rated Sonic 3DS games for $10...They also had that 3DS Lego Undercover The Chase game that became a Nintendo Select title for $10...

Still can't find that $13 Samsung card, found the peg marked $13 but it's empty, employee said it's somewhere in a box & they're remodeling and they don't know where anything is at -_-
The photo department for some reason had the one I got the other day. Makes sense being that it is related to cameras.

Brickseek shows that the 128gb cards finally dropped to $13 dollars at my store, with 30 in stock. I found six, but they rang up $49.XX.

Walmart has:
NBA 2k17 PS3 for $20 upc 710425477751
NBA 2k17 xb360 $20 upc 710425497940

PvZ 2 PS4 $20 upc 014633734102
PvZ2 xb1 $20 upc014633368864

You sure you scanned the right one there's 3 versions of the same item dunno why it's stupid but anyways it's the white pack if it's the black one it's more expensive even though it's the same exact item

Brickseek shows that the 128gb cards finally dropped to $13 dollars at my store, with 30 in stock. I found six, but they rang up $49.XX.

You sure you scanned the right one there's 3 versions of the same item dunno why it's stupid but anyways it's the white pack if it's the black one it's more expensive even though it's the same exact item
I realized later that it was the wrong one. They didn't have any others, unless they're in the back somewhere.

Wired though?
Yeah, less lag for the competitive types. Really good value at $45. Got a couple at $60 so my son wouldn't use my elite. My only complaint is that the top of the sticks are a little larger than normal controllers so I haven't been able to put Kontrol Freak extenders on them.

The black one is a different card. Not the same was the white package ones.

bread's done
Back