Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
I was *finally* able to get one of those $9 Samsung Micro SD cards that were mentioned before!  Great for my new Switch!

Went to a Walmart store to look for games but saw Gravity Rush 2 for $30. Seemed like a good deal but passed on it as I maybe wasn't going to play it. Checked brickseek and it's been bought and sold out now. Oh well. Walmart stores seem to price cut their games at random.

I saw a 360 bundled with Advanced Warfare(priced pretty high IMO, but not sure if tag in the case is current). I looked around for an sku or UPC to check the price and can't find any reference to this bundle existing. Any ideas?

I saw a 360 bundled with Advanced Warfare(priced pretty high IMO, but not sure if tag in the case is current). I looked around for an sku or UPC to check the price and can't find any reference to this bundle existing. Any ideas?
Ask them to take it out the cage and give you a price.

No joke, my Walmart still had a copy of Dancing With the Stars (PS2 version) for 2 cents last night. As much as I wanted to play it, I had to pass it up.

OT, but couldn't help myself snapping this pic

8a2f6245b997e03800c3eff85b47c122.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Sheesh. All the stupid spinners are on a shelf, with no protection at all, at my store.
Be happy, your area has more time.
I'm pretty sure this is the Omen that a civilization is going to fail soon. Idiocracy is happening. Soon they will coat them with electrolytes.

I'll be damned if I didn't send my girlfriend into Walmart with her friend (ANd my debit  :whee:  ) and she came out with a goddamn fidget spinner. You guys jinxed me.  :grouphug:

Employee almost didn't put my copy of ghost recon that I paid for it in the bag until I reminded her. I'll let it slide since she didn't yell out how much trade credit I had on my card.

Found Deus Ex MD PS4 for $5. I've heard mixed things about it but figure it has to be worth that much. Also saw MGSV PS4/X1 $8/5, Knack $5 and Dishonored DE PS4 $5 but passed on those. Already finished MGSV when it came out.

Found Deus Ex MD PS4 for $5. I've heard mixed things about it but figure it has to be worth that much. Also saw MGSV PS4/X1 $8/5, Knack $5 and Dishonored DE PS4 $5 but passed on those. Already finished MGSV when it came out.
DE;MD is definitely worth that. Those are some damn good deals.

Where do people find the gaming clearance? My store never seems to ever have any games on clearance
The one at mine must have been recently added. It is behind the glass with random games that have clearance prices marked below. I just listed the notable ones I remembered. There was also some really old crap like a Tiger Woods PSP game lol.

I found some at a local store, quite a bit actually, but it was a bunch of trash. I probably sifted through 150 games, even a few new PS2 games(which is odd because this store only opened like 5 years ago), and found nothing good or even worth flipping.

What day does wal mart employees mark down clearance?
Not sure but next time you see a game get a price cut or drop, just look at the tag for the new price. There should be a date for when it was reduced. My Walmart store's are usually Wednesday or Thursday. I usually check on Friday morning. However, some games will not get a price cut for years as the employee's too lazy or nothing's organized. Recently, I picked up a game I wanted as it dropped in price from $39.99 to $5. I had to wait around 6 months before it dropped. It wasn't even a popular game but I knew the game would be fun.

im sorry if this has been addressed but does discover do a price protection for video game accessories? i bought a controller and would like to PM that. i know they dont PM video games.

Not sure but next time you see a game get a price cut or drop, just look at the tag for the new price. There should be a date for when it was reduced. My Walmart store's are usually Wednesday or Thursday. I usually check on Friday morning. However, some games will not get a price cut for years as the employee's too lazy or nothing's organized. Recently, I picked up a game I wanted as it dropped in price from $39.99 to $5. I had to wait around 6 months before it dropped. It wasn't even a popular game but I knew the game would be fun.
What game was it?

The one local Wal-Mart with a solid stash of Clearance games still has them at $15 a pop.  Ironically, several of them are PvG 2 and ASM 2, which would have been immensely handy this weekend if I had more cash.  They still have a couple of copies of Quantum Break for XB1 - anybody know if the code included for Alan Wake still redeems?

The Chanute store has Wii U and PS3 Lego Dimension Starter kits for $25, and several Lego Dimensions packs pretty steeply discounted.

In San Jose, found a Diablo 3 battle chest for $15. Skylanders Imaginators portal owner pack for $10. Lego Dimensions Dr Who level packs for $10.

bread's done
Back