Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Not clearance but some good prices at Walmart.com on preowned games. They always come in perfect condition with the original case and ships free you the local store. Here is a couple notables:

PS4 Bioshock Collection - $19.70 (XB1 is 24.96)

PS4 Steep - $21.84

PS4 Fallout 4 - $13.87

PS4 Infinite Warfare- $14.27

PS4 Titanfall 2- $13.03

XB360 OBLIVION - $1.61

Found another Walmart with clearance bin last night. Most of it was over priced, but i did grab a few for flipping/resale.

:ps4:  - MLB The Show 17 CE - $50.00

:ps4:  - MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore - $10.00

:ps3:  - FIFA 16 - $10.00

Nothing amazing, but it should help expand my my money supply.

Little weird, I stopped by a Walmart when driving around to Half Price Books today, and they had:

:360: Borderlands Triple Pack   $10.00

:ps4:  Eagle Flight VR                $15.00

:ps4: Blazblu(Most recent)         $30.00

When I checked brickseek, only Eagle Flight is showing the clearance price; the other two are showing up at the non-clearance price, even at the store I picked them up from.

If you can find it, base trade-in for BL Triple Pack is $13 at GS I believe

Picked up at my local walmart today:

:3ds:  Terraria $9

Super odd because my store never has any games on clearance for less then $15. I think they use the clearance section as a place to put games they have nowhere else to put, because a full price copy of crash n sane was on the same rack.

Managed to finally find a copy of Shovel Knight for $7, but it was on Wii U. If anyone has a copy on PS4 or 3DS they'd be willing to trade for it, LMK.

Mine seems to have gotten rid of the clearance game center in the middle and just now throws a few games on the side that seem to be cheaper. Also random accessories and stuff down the isle as well, I don't see anything good anymore. I'm disappointing every time I look now and I'm starting to just give up on it mostly :(

I would love Yoshis Wolly World for $10

So this happened last night. It's originally $134 but was reduced to clear (which means only at this store, not YMMV as you won't find it elsewhere for this price) to $26.25. Got home and saw that it was a demo model which I figured it would be. I did a factory reset and it's a regular Chromebook again. Only issue is the battery appears to be dead and it'll only stay on with the charger. Might try to trade it into BB or use it as a travel laptop.

1y4g1oO.jpg

I found worms w.m.d all Stars xbox one for $9. It could be a game stop flip idk if it will increase for trade value at the end of the month. 

Drove through children of the corn country last night as store was showing three. Struck out with nothing.
At least u survived and didn't come home with He Who Walks Behind The Rows o_O

I was hoping to get Fire Emblem Fates Conquest would drop to $10 before buying it but looks like someone brought them all out at $20 :( geez there was like 15 copies.

thanks for this. I see Worms for PS4 for $9 at my local walmart, hopefully still there tomorrow morning
I posted a week or so ago about several new $9.00 clearance titles that have appeared at the majority of Walmarts in my area. Worms WMD (PS4 and XB1), Prison Architect (PS4 and XB1) and Carmageddon: Max Damage (PS4 and XB1).

So this happened last night. It's originally $134 but was reduced to clear (which means only at this store, not YMMV as you won't find it elsewhere for this price) to $26.25. Got home and saw that it was a demo model which I figured it would be. I did a factory reset and it's a regular Chromebook again. Only issue is the battery appears to be dead and it'll only stay on with the charger. Might try to trade it into BB or use it as a travel laptop.

1y4g1oO.jpg
Seeing it as low as $35 in my area (brickseek link).

Ordered a game that was marked as clearance for same day site to store. They already charged my credit card the online price. How do I get them to adjust when I go to pick it up, or did I do something wrong?

Ordered a game that was marked as clearance for same day site to store. They already charged my credit card the online price. How do I get them to adjust when I go to pick it up, or did I do something wrong?
It gets adjusted when you pick it up. I think the employee just has to hit accept the in store price when you pick up

It gets adjusted when you pick it up. I think the employee just has to hit accept the in store price when you pick up
Just an update, picked up the items and the website automatically processed the refund. The worker there had no clue and sent me to customer service, but I had already received the email by the time I arrived at customer service.

The auto-adjustment to the lower in store price is the best.  Target used to do that up until last year...scored massive clearance savings that way very very easily (as long as the CSR person hit the "Apply additional savings" button that would pop up during the in store pick-up process on their iPads).  Now, it's YMMV to order for in store pickup and get them to cancel the order and instead ring the items up in store.

Found Skyrim Special Edition PS4 for $2.50. They had also sold all of their $1.50 PS4 Dooms.

Acer Mineral Gray 14" Aspire One Cloudbook is showing up for $49

sku: 46444955 

Acer Sky Blue 11.6 -$59

sku: 46444950

Acer Mineral Gray 14" Aspire One Cloudbook is showing up for $49

sku: 46444955

Acer Sky Blue 11.6 -$59

sku: 46444950
Called a Wal-Mart 30 minutes away from me showing in stock for the 14 inch but they said there weren't any. Lady sounded like she didn't know what a laptop is though so I'm not sure if I should risk going anyway. Hmm.

good job alerting the employee

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Much easier than wasting hours and gas driving there for nothing. Brickseek has not once been accurate the past year in my area with regards to what is actually on the floor at Wal-Mart, so yes I would rather call and make sure than go through the hassle and waste half the day to be disappointed.

Much easier than wasting hours and gas driving there for nothing. Brickseek has not once been accurate the past year in my area with regards to what is actually on the floor at Wal-Mart, so yes I would rather call and make sure than go through the hassle and waste half the day to be disappointed.
then why waste the time and hassle of calling? there are only 2 conclusions, #1 (most common) clueless or lazy employee that says they dont have any, usually without actually checking. #2 employee finds item at huge discount, tells you they have none, buys it for themself.

then why waste the time and hassle of calling? there are only 2 conclusions, #1 (most common) clueless or lazy employee that says they dont have any, usually without actually checking. #2 employee finds item at huge discount, tells you they have none, buys it for themself.
If the store is more than 30 minutes away, I don't bother with it unless I can order online and get pickup for that day. That way I know I will get the in store price after I pick up the item. The inventory on brickseek is not very reliable

I'm with the other guy. Brickseek/walmart app is incredibly inaccurate, and it's not worth wasting time/gas looking for these deals. It's a wild goose chase.

Besides, if the employee lies on the phone, they'll probably lie to your face as well if you go to the store and can't find the item on the shelf.

I would like to say that I was able to get an S7 Edge for $200 and I even called in beforehand to check that they had stock. So don't act like what you wrote applies 100% of the time.

I'm with the other guy. Brickseek/walmart app is incredibly inaccurate, and it's not worth wasting time/gas looking for these deals. It's a wild goose chase.

Besides, if the employee lies on the phone, they'll probably lie to your face as well if you go to the store and can't find the item on the shelf.

I would like to say that I was able to get an S7 Edge for $200 and I even called in beforehand to check that they had stock. So don't act like what you wrote applies 100% of the time.
carrier locked phone is not a high demand practical tech piece. I'd like to see anybody try call in when the next time 60" 4K TVs go on clearance for $200-$300, see if ya'll can snatch one of those TV doing so.

Brickseek depends on the store. I have a store near me that seems to stay on Top of things and it is very accurate. Another store 6 miles away is WAAAY off. The worst I have seen was a store that showed 6 switches in stock over a month ago when I was looking for one, even on the app. I went there and asked, employee said she wishes they did (i think because so many people show up for the same reason). How the heck is your inventory off six 300 items(5 grey and 1 neon)?!?!

Brickseek depends on the store. I have a store near me that seems to stay on Top of things and it is very accurate. Another store 6 miles away is WAAAY off. The worst I have seen was a store that showed 6 switches in stock over a month ago when I was looking for one, even on the app. I went there and asked, employee said she wishes they did (i think because so many people show up for the same reason). How the heck is your inventory off six 300 items(5 grey and 1 neon)?!?!
A lot of the times employees have no idea if its not on the shelf. I've scored a lot of nes classics over the season about 25 total. None were on the floor. Usually in back or havent been offloaded on the truck yet. I have then scan the upc number from brickseek or where the spot they are located on the floor. That will pull them up for inventory on their scanners

I know that this isn't really a clearance deal but Xenia, Ohio Walmart had 3 Nintendo Switches on the shelf as of today at like noon. Don't really know where to post this at, I just know they are hard to find so if you wanted to get one that would be pretty good chance.

carrier locked phone is not a high demand practical tech piece. I'd like to see anybody try call in when the next time 60" 4K TVs go on clearance for $200-$300, see if ya'll can snatch one of those TV doing so.

Technically the Verizon version is unlocked and the at&t version can easily be unlocked, so you're not even right in that regard. And besides, you're telling me that a phone that still retails for $500 is less desirable and less PRACTICAL than a tv. How is a phone less PRACTICAL that a TV. Please tell me. That statement in and of itself destroys any credibility you may have otherwise had.

A lot of the times employees have no idea if its not on the shelf. I've scored a lot of nes classics over the season about 25 total. None were on the floor. Usually in back or havent been offloaded on the truck yet. I have then scan the upc number from brickseek or where the spot they are located on the floor. That will pull them up for inventory on their scanners
I know what your saying, she said they were no where to be found, plenty of people have been asking because of the app said in stock there. So yeah, six switches went missing. I knew a guy in high school that got fired because he grabbed some food on the way to the dumpster(I worked at one in high school back then, and to be fair they actually say you can't take any food even if it's being thrown out, he called their bluff and lost). My local store has a plain clothes employee that walks around acting as a customer to catch people stealing stuff. I saw her catch two people the same day while I was there waiting on an RX for my son. So 6 switches?

I know what your saying, she said they were no where to be found, plenty of people have been asking because of the app said in stock there. So yeah, six switches went missing. I knew a guy in high school that got fired because he grabbed some food on the way to the dumpster(I worked at one in high school back then, and to be fair they actually say you can't take any food even if it's being thrown out, he called their bluff and lost). My local store has a plain clothes employee that walks around acting as a customer to catch people stealing stuff. I saw her catch two people the same day while I was there waiting on an RX for my son. So 6 switches?
Most Walmart stores have asset protection like you described. Not hard to figure out which ones they are if you pay attention enough or go to Walmart on a regular basis. I know the guy that works sporting goods at my local store and he says that everyday he comes in during the morning there are always empty boxes/packaging laying around. Said they had lost over $5K of inventory on a single SKU in a month, which I'm sure isn't out of the ordinary.

Just an update, picked up the items and the website automatically processed the refund. The worker there had no clue and sent me to customer service, but I had already received the email by the time I arrived at customer service.
One last update, they do not refund the difference in tax, so you will still be taxed for the online price. Turned a $3 Skyrim into $6. Still a good deal, just wanted to give people a heads up.

I know that this isn't really a clearance deal but Xenia, Ohio Walmart had 3 Nintendo Switches on the shelf as of today at like noon. Don't really know where to post this at, I just know they are hard to find so if you wanted to get one that would be pretty good chance.
My local store had 10 Switches last night(8 Neon and 2 Grey). Seeem like more stock it arriving. Too bad the Classic wasn't this easy to find.

Technically the Verizon version is unlocked and the at&t version can easily be unlocked, so you're not even right in that regard. And besides, you're telling me that a phone that still retails for $500 is less desirable and less PRACTICAL than a tv. How is a phone less PRACTICAL that a TV. Please tell me. That statement in and of itself destroys any credibility you may have otherwise had.
Go ahead and count how many posts in this thread discussed between tv and phone, see which one is/was in higher demand.

Go ahead and count how many posts in this thread discussed between tv and phone, see which one is/was in higher demand.

You don't say. The frequency at which TV's go on clearance is considerably more often than phones. Of course there's going to more posts about clearances TV's.

It's amazing how my local stores refuse to clearance anymore Wii U games. Even the black wii remotes are still full price.

bread's done
Back