Walmart YMMV In Store Clearance Thread I (READ THE FAQs)

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Changing this to a FAQs for those that need some help getting these deals.

When I order online it shows X price for in store, but changes to Y price at checkout, what gives?
You can only do in store pickup for the clearance price if the item is available for pick up that day. If it isn't the price will be the online price instead. Sometimes the item will be shipped to that store if it is no longer at that store. It may adjust to the clearance price at pickup but it could also charge you full price for it.

Can I buy the item at one store and return / rebuy at another?
Yes but it is up to the stores discretion to allow you to get it for that stores in store price. If it is an online order, they are supposed to return it to the warehouse it came from so you will not be able to buy it back. It's YMMV on employees following this rule though.

Can I price match a Walmart clearance item at X store?
No. No store, including Walmart, PMs clearance prices. YMMV on getting PMs for these items but it is against every stores policy to do so.

I want to price match this clearance item at another Walmart, will they allow me to?
No WM (or any retailer) PMs the prices of other local stores.

BS said X of an item is in stock, but the employee said it isn't at my store, why did they lie to me?
They didn't. Sometimes items are misplaced, stolen, or the count is off. Employees are not all over the massive stock room nor do they know where every item is. Don't harass an employee or come on here saying they are keeping it for themselves. Sometimes, an item truly isn't in the store.

Why is BS always wrong?
BS is not wrong. Their information is directly from WM systems. Just like all stores, inventory and prices may be wrong for a certain store. Do not rely only on BS.

How do I find clearance items?
Go to the store and scan items, check SD, check this thread. Actually look for something you want.

Where in the store are clearance games located?

Clearance items in general can be on shelves, in dedicated clearance sections or in the stock room. For games specifically, they will be in the videogame glass cases, videogame value game isle or dedicated clearance section. It's random and depends on that stores layout / management.

What is the SKU or item number of this item?
Look it up yourself. There is a search function on this site, on BS site and you can Google the item almost 100% of the time. No one needs to spoon feed you this information and we shouldn't have 20 people asking for the same information that was already posted.

Acronyms to know.
WM = Walmart
PM = Price Match
TRU = Toysrus
BS = Brickseek
SD = Slickdeals

Last edited by a moderator:
Super jelly about the 2DS. That's a great price for one. I've been needing a replacement for mine for awhile but can't justify spending $150-200 on a system as old as the DS is now.

I found a couple of copies of Zombie Army Trilogy for PS4 at my walmart for $3 each.

Traded in to GS for $8 each. Not a bad flip.

SKU 46007806

Found the following for $5 each at a local Wally this weekend:

:360: WWE 2K17

:ps3: Gran Turismo 6

:ps3: NBA 2K17

Traded them all to GameStop.

The employee in the electronics section at my local store said they don't do clearances. Is that possible or is he full of shit like most Walmart employees?

Not surprised. I had a very very bad experience there that day. I filed two complaints with corporate, it was that bad. Took twice the character limit their form allowed to explain all that I dealt with.

The employee in the electronics section at my local store said they don't do clearances. Is that possible or is he full of shit like most Walmart employees?
stores get a certain amount of $ to lower prices on clearance items, its possible that the store you frequent doesnt allow those dollars to go to electronics items. in that case the only clearance would be ones sent down from corporate, but with games many times those are just sent back.

My Walmart has the brand new orange/white 2ds xl marked at $79. Christmas shopping early! My girlfriend was just complaining she didn’t have her own ds to play. I showed her this one when they announced it and she thought it looked cute. Super brownie points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm gonna have to go with employee mixing things up and putting the 2ds xl in the place of the regular 2ds which retails for $69 or $79.

Unlikely to be honored at another store. Lucky if true

Has anyone used the Roku Streaming Stick? Does it work well streaming your channels and does it lose connection?
For $5 more get the premiere. Also premiere at $40 is a better deal, Roku stick has been $40 on Amazon for a while, base price now so $5 off isn't great. Pretty sure premiere still sells for $60/$80. Way better deal.
The stick is good though, and in some areas better than Amazon fire stick for sure. Any issues you have with it are either a defective unit or network issues that fall on you (people mention their speeds but don't mention traffic/congestion, their setup/hardware, distance from the router/access point).

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to go with employee mixing things up and putting the 2ds xl in the place of the regular 2ds which retails for $69 or $79.

Unlikely to be honored at another store. Lucky if true
Oh it’s legit. It’s funny I saw the price below the console on the shelf and thought about it for a minute whether this would be worth my time trying to get them to honor a’price mistake’ (it was for a red 2DS but the text on the label was so small it was almost completely unreadable) they also didn’t bother to scan the label for some reason and when they needed a manager for a price over ride he didn’t even look at what he was doing, just punched in his code and left. This really was a comedy of errors that I haven’t seen at Walmart in a long time.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/3ff88556d18fdfa1be304d06b7af4ca7.heic

Oh it’s legit. It’s funny I saw the price below the console on the shelf and thought about it for a minute whether this would be worth my time trying to get them to honor a’price mistake’ (it was for a red 2DS but the text on the label was so small it was almost completely unreadable) they also didn’t bother to scan the label for some reason and when they needed a manager for a price over ride he didn’t even look at what he was doing, just punched in his code and left. This really was a comedy of errors that I haven’t seen at Walmart in a long time.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/3ff88556d18fdfa1be304d06b7af4ca7.heic
Congrats, that's a good price and I'm jelly (can you tell?)...the best I could do is tax free at fry's (I even missed the ~$127 at living social or whatever)

That IS about the most YMMV in a thread of YMMV though!

Congrats, that's a good price and I'm jelly (can you tell?)...the best I could do is tax free at fry's (I even missed the ~$127 at living social or whatever)

That IS about the most YMMV in a thread of YMMV though!
Oh you'll be even more jelly of me then... I also got in on the living social Pokeball DS. That one is for me. Ridiculous that I keep buying these systems I don't need when I could actually use a PS4 Pro.. lol

actually I didn't know but there was a clearance section with a decent number of games in the very corner of the store... unbox $15, torment tides of numenera $15 not great prices for those games since they didn't start out expensive so I passed on those. But I did grab the last f1 2016 for $15 new limited edition, probably the cheapest you'll find the game for

actually I didn't know but there was a clearance section with a decent number of games in the very corner of the store... unbox $15, torment tides of numenera $15 not great prices for those games since they didn't start out expensive so I passed on those. But I did grab the last f1 2016 for $15 new limited edition, probably the cheapest you'll find the game for
I'm not sure of Unbox's initial price, but Torment: Tides of Numenera was $50 at release (what I paid for it). I hope to play the game in the next few years!

Also, my closest Walmart has several Roku Premiere units for the $40 price. Can anyone comment from personal experience on it? I would love to pick one up but its's not in my budget so I want to make sure it's worth it.

I'm not sure of Unbox's initial price, but Torment: Tides of Numenera was $50 at release (what I paid for it). I hope to play the game in the next few years!

Also, my closest Walmart has several Roku Premiere units for the $40 price. Can anyone comment from personal experience on it? I would love to pick one up but its's not in my budget so I want to make sure it's worth it.
I just bought a Roku Premiere for that price and it works well. To make the Roku work well you will need a HDMI cable as it is NOT included in the box as well as have good internet. So far I have Spectrum TV and tried streaming channels for 3 hours and it seems to work pretty good. To activate it, if they ask for payment information or credit card, just scroll down and skip it. I was thinking of getting the Roku stick as Target in my area had it for $25 but passed as the Premiere does include 4k streaming just for future usage. I believe this Roku Premiere came out last fall so for half the price, it's worth it. Just take your time and do everything correctly and you should be fine.

Unbox was originally $30 but the odd thing is it is still advertised as a Gamestop-exclusive, despite Walmart carrying it.

Hell of a deal

Wanna pick up street fighter, unit 13, and terraria and work out a deal for shipping? No walmarts around me have vita anymore

So I was out of state for work and for some unknown reason I searched for Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden for 3DS. Low and behold it popped up at a store showing 4 OH on Brickseek. So I took my chances and drove to the store to find it. Scoured the shelves and no luck so I went to the employee working electronics and asked if he could check in the back for it. I showed him the game on Brickseek showing 4 OH so he put the sku into the handheld scanner and it did indeed show 4 OH so he went to the back and found them! Just goes to show don't give up on older titles, they may still have them! It was $7 btw...Happy CAG here!!

So I was out of state for work and for some unknown reason I searched for Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden for 3DS. Low and behold it popped up at a store showing 4 OH on Brickseek. So I took my chances and drove to the store to find it. Scoured the shelves and no luck so I went to the employee working electronics and asked if he could check in the back for it. I showed him the game on Brickseek showing 4 OH so he put the sku into the handheld scanner and it did indeed show 4 OH so he went to the back and found them! Just goes to show don't give up on older titles, they may still have them! It was $7 btw...Happy CAG here!!
You were quite fortunate...I drove almost two hours after work to a Walmart ~30 miles away (I HATE L.A. traffic...) because Brickseek claimed it magically found four copies of Shovel Knight for PS4 that weren't there just a week ago. Of course, they didn't have it on the shelves or in the clearance section, and the worker wasn't exactly super helpful (she declined to go to the back because "she was just back there and didn't see anything"). I kept my composure (even though I wanted to scream, "How could you know it's not there if (1) You weren't looking for this particular product and (2) You can't even remember the name of the game and system even though I told you at least three times?") and politely asked if I could speak to the department manager, just to double check everything. The manager was right next to her when I asked about it, heard everything, and then spent a grand total of 38 seconds (yes, I timed it because of how pissed off I was at that point) in the back "searching high and low" for them before returning and saying, "Yeah, that game's not back there anywhere." Showed them it was scanning via the Walmart app on my iPhone as "limited stock" for $7 in the Video Games department and the useless manager just says, "Huh...must be a glitch in the system. Happens a lot for newer games." I told him it had been out for some time but recently got an update online, but he just stared at my blankly like I was speaking Cantonese. Finally left empty handed and severely frustrated...guess I should have made an exception and called ahead first, even though I've been told that essentially CAG suicide...

Naw man, never call ahead.  The frustration you feel has happened to most of us in this game, that's why cat's don't usually do 30-plus mile drives for Brickseek.  And if you do, it's like loaning money...never count money loaned out as "money in the bank." 

Don't drive 50 plus miles to another Walmart just for a few games. It's not worth it. Don't call as the employee probably doesn't even know what you are asking. One time I went to look for Vita games and asked for the employee to check in the back. Came back less than 1 minute and said "We don't have anymore PSPVita games." He didn't even know what the device was called. After I just went to look for some hot wheels cars. At least I can get something that's easier to find.   

I am looking at picking up a extra xbox one controller or two of the walmart exclusive that is on clearance. Of course the stores that are close to me still show $45 but most of the ones further out show $30.  Is it possible if i go to one of the stores that has the $45 controller it may ring up $30?

I am looking at picking up a extra xbox one controller or two of the walmart exclusive that is on clearance. Of course the stores that are close to me still show $45 but most of the ones further out show $30. Is it possible if i go to one of the stores that has the $45 controller it may ring up $30?
No

Well I was fortunate again last night, luck has been on my side lately! I just picked up the following...

:3ds: 

Xenoblade Chronicles $20

Terraria $10

:ps4:

DQ Builders Day One Edition $20

DQ Heroes II $20

Digimon Story  Cyber Sleuth $10

Vikings Wolves Of Midgard Special Edition $10

Paragon Essentials Edition $10

Rime $10

Sword Art Online Lost Song $10

The Crew Ultimate Edition $10

CN Battle Crashers $10

Styx Shards Of Darkness $10

Grand Ages Medieval Limited Special Edition $7

Prison Architect $9

:xb1:

Elite Dangerous Legendary Edition $20

Styx Shards Of Darkness $10

Yooka-Laylee $10

Fl4tout Total Insanity $10

CN Battle Crashers $10

Assassins Creed Chronicles $10

The Technomancer $10

Damn, Prison Architect and Rime are great deals. I continue to hate my shitty Walmart. Living in a rural area sucks. Closest Target, Best Buy, GameStop, TRU are all an hour away, next closest Walmart is about half an hour. :(

So, what's going on with Wal-mart now a days?

I've been looking all over the state for a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X

I found one at a Walmart two cities over and asked them to price match GameStop which had it as $19.97...

The worker lead me to the front of the game department to show me this sign

Hdv6O1W.png

So needless to say I was SOL.

Stopped by my local WM and found a few more $0.50 3DS games. 

- Angry Birds Star Wars

- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

It was the first wild discount I'd seen since probably August. Thought that store cleaned out all of its clearance, but they must've found a box in the back since there were plenty.

So, what's going on with Wal-mart now a days?

I've been looking all over the state for a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X
I found one at a Walmart two cities over and asked them to price match GameStop which had it as $19.97...

The worker lead me to the front of the game department to show me this sign
Hdv6O1W.png

So needless to say I was SOL.
Lucky u. All the Walmarts in my area put up that sign and stopped pricematching June last year grrr.

yeah, my store has that sign but dated october 16th. i imagine this is part of the push to eliminate cashiers, as they are pushing scan and go hard currently. dont want people trying to price match on the self checkout lanes.

yeah, my store has that sign but dated october 16th. i imagine this is part of the push to eliminate cashiers, as they are pushing scan and go hard currently. dont want people trying to price match on the self checkout lanes.
It's probably more to do with the Amazon 3rd party price matching scam on 3DS's and PS4's. That was in 2014 but they have probably been losing much money from similar PM's.

Sucks for them though, don't need another reason to go to BB to price match.

It's probably more to do with the Amazon 3rd party price matching scam on 3DS's and PS4's. That was in 2014 but they have probably been losing much money from similar PM's.

Sucks for them though, don't need another reason to go to BB to price match.
they immediately stopped price matching third party offers on amazon after that debacle, so i doubt they saw widespread losses after that. sure, some employees probably kept doing it, but im sure just price matching website errors would be enough to push for the end. if it was really just that they could have gone back to price matching only physical ads instead of eliminating it all together.

they immediately stopped price matching third party offers on amazon after that debacle, so i doubt they saw widespread losses after that. sure, some employees probably kept doing it, but im sure just price matching website errors would be enough to push for the end. if it was really just that they could have gone back to price matching only physical ads instead of eliminating it all together.
All day long I had been trying to find Xenoblade X
ToysRUs had it instock for $60, when I mentioned Gamestop had it for $20 they said they cannot match GS, but would see what they could do.
When I showed themthe price, they changed their tune to the fact that it was out online, they cannot match it. Kept trying to push the $60 and a fucking layaway on me.....

Tried BestBuy.com, similar thing, because it was oos online they coydpnt match it.

Luckily the local store helped me, since the was a GS store instate with it in stock, they matched the price and shipped it to my home..

That doesn't mean people didn't continue to abuse it. Hell, people go to BB and PM stores that aren't even in their state despite the policy stating it needs to be in stock within 50 miles.

It was a plethora of problems with PMing though. I don't blame them for stopping it when so many people abuse the lax policy around it and employees have no idea what the policy is.

I need a sanity check.  If I order something from walmart.com for in-store pickup, does it automatically drop to that store's clearance price?  Is that only if it is ready for same-day pickup?

bread's done
Back